Enter to Win: Moshi Audio Clarus Earphones
Jun 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 163

Emily Moshi

Member of the Trade: Moshi Audio
Moshi Audio is giving away three (3) pairs of Clarus In Ear Monitors to three randomly selected entrants.

Contest Question:
Please answer the below question by replying to this thread and we will pick the winners randomly which will be announced on the Moshi facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/moshimonde) and in this thread. 

How this question is answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Question:
What are the (3) qualities that make your favorite headphone better than others you’ve tried?
 ​

About The Clarus - Designed for Absolute Clarity
Designed for aural connoisseurs who demand absolute clarity in music reproduction, Clarus by Moshi Audio revives music that otherwise sounds dull when played through ordinary earphones. Clarus is able to deliver this exquisite acoustic experience through its proprietary DynaDuo™ drivers with a precision-tuned passive crossover network. Listen to your favorite music, whether it's jazz, rock, classical, or acoustic music, your discerning ears will be able to discover every nuance that has eluded them throughout the years.

Specifications
  1. TRANSDUCER UNIT: XR715 two way DynaDuo™ driver
  2. (15mm woofer + 7mm tweeter)
  3. CAVITY/HOUSING steel alloy
  4. SENSITIVITY: 100 +/- 3dB @ 1kHz
  5. FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10 - 25,000Hz (-10dB @ 1kHz)
  6. IMPEDANCE: 24 Ω
  7. EAR-COUPLING TYPE: loose-fit silicone
  8. NOISE ISOLATION (PASSIVE): N/A
  9. IN-LINE CONTROL: 3-button controls with mic
  10. CABLE LENGTH: 1.2m symmetrical y-split

Contest Eligibility Requirements:
  1. You Must be a registered Head-Fi forum member
  2. Have USA Residence
  3. Answer the question in the thread below
  4. Post only ONCE in this thread
  5. Have not won a prize in one of our contestes in the last 180 days

See Moshiaudio.com for information on their current product lineup.

Note this contest ends on July 11th. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter. 

Have fun and good luck!

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 163
My top desired qualities are all best presented in my JVC Virctor DX-1000s.  Nothing else has hit home this hard to my ears.  Extremely satisfying in every way.  

1.  Soundstaging qualities - How large, how vast, sense of depth and detachment from reality
2.  Coloration/level of musicality - My preferred setup is a moderately warm low end with a natural midrange and smooth highs that are not bright, seductive...neutral and monitor sound isn't musical to me
3.  Clarity

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 163
1) Great bang per buck factor.
2) Easy to drive while still sounding nearly ideal.
3) Seemingly tangle-free cloth cable is dreamy coming from tangle-troubled IEMs.

I know sonic qualities are probably going to be given the spotlight, but I thought I'd take a different outlook. I am extremely budget minded. I personally cannot overlook (my subjective) performance to price ratio. Great (in my opinion) sounding plus easy (and cheap) to drive along with a reasonable price is killer. The cable thing is just what thinking about my experience with my IEMs made me appreciate.

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 163
Quote:
I prefer my headphones and IEMs to be 1) slightly mid-forward with the bass and treble to be balanced, and behind the mids; 2) light and comfortable to be worn for a long time and 3) fast, clear and detailed.

You might actually like these then :)  Not joining the giveaway, already got one of these :)

I will join in giving you three things that I need in a pair of headphones though:
  1. Frequency response throughout (the spans from the deepest sub-bass all the way up to the highest highs) where nothing is left out and is audible in every situation (easier said than done :p).
  2. Comfort (A must if you listen for long periods of time)
  3. Build.  If it's not built to last, then it's not worth replacing them over and over again.

Jun 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 163
I love the wide soundstage, lively vocals, and deep bass of my favorite headphones :]

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 163
3 things I like in my headphones is
Detail,
tight deep bass,
neutrality through the spectrum

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 163
I think value, ability to play lower frequencies powerfully without sounding-muddy or intrusive on other frequencies as well as comfort and soundstage are what makes a headphone better than any others.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #12 of 163
1. Quality construction / durability. It's hard to enjoy the sound of broken headphones.
2. Comfort. It's hard to enjoy the sound of uncomfortable headphones.
3. Sound versatility. The ability to sound good with any type or genre of music.

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #13 of 163
Comfort. I want to listen to albums all the way through. If I'm focusing on how annoying these headphones are, I can't focus on the music.
Durability. If I fall in love with your headphones, I WANT TO KEEP THEM FOR LIFE. I don't want them to break just because my boss looked at me funny.
Range. My favorite headphones have RANGE! I want to hear it down low and I want to hear it up high! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back