Enlighten me please!
Dec 31, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #46 of 46
Good evening, for the moment I find that my sound system sounds pretty good, I see that there are contradictions between you.
My Rotel A11 amp and Nu Audio sound card has no background noise with the Monitors Audio Silver 6 speakers, nor for the earpiece part which sounds just as good to my ear.

Of course my speakers don't sound at 1/2 of their capacity, with the sansui amps that I owned the sound was a lot more punchy :)

But times have changed and I don't like subwoofers because the bass sounds left or right, before it came directly from the speakers, at 150w rms each the house vibrated with the music.

I know that audiophiles say the sound is less precise but there is a presence and a warmth that has been lost forever, but that's okay I'm used to it now!

I took everything you told me into account and I will end up buying myself new headphones and trying an external dac , I had an SMSL m8 at one time , but I think I should try to what could be better than that. Also as a clarification, I am on Linux, Ubuntu 22.04.1 distribution to play my music which for me is the operating system that plays music most directly. I would love to hear your opinion on this too!

Audio is never over, we always want more :)

Have a nice evening !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back