Endgame Soundtrack IEM’s
Feb 22, 2023 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dan279

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am currently in the market for some new endgame IEM’s to round off my collection.

I currently own the Sennheiser IE900 and Audeze Euclid. I am wanting to complete my trio of single DD, Planar and Hybrid (always liked the idea of having different technologies for sound).

At the moment I have my ears set on the Theiaudio Monarch Mkii, but my budget can stretch to the Mest Mkii, but also, if there is a compelling enough argument, even as far as the Empire Ears Odin. These are my top 3 options at the moment.

I am hoping my next purchase will finally stave off my desire to “upgrade” and hopefully whatever I decide, I won’t be left wanting.

Like I said, I am looking for a hybrid IEM (as I don’t really like the idea of having multiple IEMs with the same driver technology) so any advice welcome. Being in the UK, I have very limited in my options to try before I buy, especially at this budget.

My music library is primarily movie soundtracks, hence why the mid focused Monarch Mkii came onto my radar (that and crinacles ranking may have also helped pushed me in that direction).

As much as I love my IE900’s (which I prefer to my Euclid’s), they just aren’t the endgame IEM’s I can be satisfied with for my soundtrack playlist. But they are incredible for rock/metal music, which is my other music preference, and the main reason why I couldn’t ever part with them.

Does anyone have any direct comparisons between the Monarch Mkii, Mest Mkii or EE Odin? Or failing that, have an alternative suggestion for an endgame IEM for soundtrack style music? I know it’s a long shot but figured I’d try my luck on here again as it has often pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi everyone,

I am currently in the market for some new endgame IEM’s to round off my collection.

I currently own the Sennheiser IE900 and Audeze Euclid. I am wanting to complete my trio of single DD, Planar and Hybrid (always liked the idea of having different technologies for sound).

At the moment I have my ears set on the Theiaudio Monarch Mkii, but my budget can stretch to the Mest Mkii, but also, if there is a compelling enough argument, even as far as the Empire Ears Odin. These are my top 3 options at the moment.

I am hoping my next purchase will finally stave off my desire to “upgrade” and hopefully whatever I decide, I won’t be left wanting.

Like I said, I am looking for a hybrid IEM (as I don’t really like the idea of having multiple IEMs with the same driver technology) so any advice welcome. Being in the UK, I have very limited in my options to try before I buy, especially at this budget.

My music library is primarily movie soundtracks, hence why the mid focused Monarch Mkii came onto my radar (that and crinacles ranking may have also helped pushed me in that direction).

As much as I love my IE900’s (which I prefer to my Euclid’s), they just aren’t the endgame IEM’s I can be satisfied with for my soundtrack playlist. But they are incredible for rock/metal music, which is my other music preference, and the main reason why I couldn’t ever part with them.

Does anyone have any direct comparisons between the Monarch Mkii, Mest Mkii or EE Odin? Or failing that, have an alternative suggestion for an endgame IEM for soundtrack style music? I know it’s a long shot but figured I’d try my luck on here again as it has often pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Try the Final Audio A8000. They are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back