End the mystery about the Yamaha RH5Ma - Lindrone could review them with your help !
Aug 28, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #106 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
I have them... burning them in and testing them.. I just have a slew of things I have to do, expect some post about it next week.

Neat! Enjoy 'em!

Aug 31, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #108 of 155
Its funny to ear such constructive comments... garbage, crappy... really it helped me realize that they sound SO bad after all.. what i was thinking... ... sign ...

Aug 31, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #110 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentServices
Its funny to ear such constructive comments... garbage, crappy... really it helped me realize that they sound SO bad after all.. what i was thinking... ... sign ...

my opinion on them is as valid as yours, kemosabe.

Aug 31, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #113 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
my opinion on them is as valid as yours, kemosabe.

Could you just tell what is making them garbage for you?

Aug 31, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #114 of 155
I remember this thread - wow the suspense is killing us. It would be funny if, after 5 pages of build up, Lindrone gave a two word review - "They're Crap." It won't beat Grado's answer to the leather/pleather/vinyl debate ("Leather.") but it's close.

All in jest, I'm looking forward to the drama concluding as much as anyone else. Who knows, they might be the next DT531s.

Aug 31, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #115 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I remember this thread - wow the suspense is killing us. It would be funny if, after 5 pages of build up, Lindrone gave a two word review - "They're Crap." It won't beat Grado's answer to the leather/pleather/vinyl debate ("Leather.") but it's close.

All in jest, I'm looking forward to the drama concluding as much as anyone else. Who knows, they might be the next DT531s.

Oh no, not again...

First you see all these wonderful posts, then all theys WTB's...

Then you see all these "They're pretty good, but..." posts, and then you see all these FS's...
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #116 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentServices
Could you just tell what is making them garbage for you?

to me, they sound muddy, shrill, muddy, and did i mention muddy? most of the ones i've tried (about 30 in total over the years at my computer lab) tend to honk at higher volumes.

Aug 31, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #117 of 155
Muddy... ok... yes... maybe i dont know what muddy sound like?! would you explain for me? sorry for being so slow...
rolleyes.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #118 of 155
Muddy means poor instrument seperation, everything bleeds into each other, rising notes are poorly defined and often decay is overdone and obscures detail. Here's a way to recognize muddiness: listen to a track you are very familar with on your A900s. Listen to the notes, and how they are defined. Then listen to the same track on your Yamahas. The notes should be much less clearly defined, fuzzy if you will, and a lot of detail will probably be obscured. That is how I, at least, would define muddy and how I would go about recognizing it.

Aug 31, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #119 of 155
I'm quite new to the world of audio, but I've found that most of the lingo you all use means exactly what it sounds like it means
smily_headphones1.gif
Words like "dry", "muddy" and "bright" made perfect sense to me once I listened to some higher-end equipment
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #120 of 155
i was sarcastic, i was asking EdipisReks for HIS description of Muddy.

BTW tennisets you explain the muddiness characteristic perfectly
wink.gif

I did compare the A900 with the Yams, the A900 are more precise then the Yams for sure, but it dont makes the RH5MA muddy 1 sec. Listen some old koss... now THATS muddy... but the RH5MA are able to reproduce a good % of what the A900 can give. Sure it is not quite the A900, but the fact that i would be happy with only the Yams speaks for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back