End of Life and Sale on Mad Dog and Alpha Headphones
Jun 10, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #61 of 126

awesome! I can't wait to get my Pros! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #62 of 126
We got about half the Pro backlog out today.  More will go tomorrow, we're trying to get them all out, but if not, the last few units will ship Monday.  We are at or within one day of stock for all other Mad Dog and Alpha headphones.  

The demand has been huge and we're about half way through our stock of T50s.   

People have been asking about upgrades, we have every intention of continuing the Mad Dog to Pro and Alpha upgrades, and should we stop at some point will give a lot of notice.!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 12, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #64 of 126
I need help folks.  I was hoping to get a pair of cans that are portable as I travel a bit, but now I'm also listening a couple of hours a night to music AND TV.  Was looking for info on the bluetooth phones etc. ,but I learned about all these higher end models and went to listen today at my high end dealer (I'm have been a high end audiophile since 69. I just sold an older pair of Stax Lambda Pro's and still use a pair of Sennheiser 590's I think that's the number.  Of the noise canceling phones I heard the PSB's today and for the price they were good.  I heard the closed back Audize 8's and hated them. I kind of liked their LCD's (or whatever they are called).  Just like in high end audio, there are other companies that aren't main steam and are better than the major brands.  That's who I came across this thread.  

I have a pair of Beats I was given years ago that I can use on the plane if needed.  I"m starting to lean towards getting a nice set of phones for home use.  I have never seen, nor heard Mr Speaker phones, but am very intrigued.  I have a Music Hall 25.3 DAC/Headphone amp that is freed up as I bought a much better DAC for my main system.  

I guess what I'm asking is about these phones.  How good are they compared to similar priced phones?  The PSB's seem like a decent buy, but for 400 I'm thinking I'd be better off just using the Beats or even the IEM's for travel and having a nice pair at home.  I like a musical sound and not hyper sensitive as i get fatigued by many of the top 'name' speakers.  My main system is: Vandersteen Treo's (soon to be Quatro's), Ayre AX-5/Twenty, Empirical Audio OSDE upgraded, Basis TT with Aesthetix Rhea phono stage.  Detailed, but with emotion.  
Which of the Mr Speakers would I be happy with?  I'd need an extension cable and have been using the cheap Grado one, but I hate it even with my Sennheisers.  

I have MS and get off track and am not always focused, so I'm sorry if this doesn't read properly.  Help needed please../Thanks....

Jun 12, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #65 of 126
  I need help folks.  I was hoping to get a pair of cans that are portable as I travel a bit, but now I'm also listening a couple of hours a night to music AND TV.  Was looking for info on the bluetooth phones etc. ,but I learned about all these higher end models and went to listen today at my high end dealer (I'm have been a high end audiophile since 69. I just sold an older pair of Stax Lambda Pro's and still use a pair of Sennheiser 590's I think that's the number.  Of the noise canceling phones I heard the PSB's today and for the price they were good.  I heard the closed back Audize 8's and hated them. I kind of liked their LCD's (or whatever they are called).  Just like in high end audio, there are other companies that aren't main steam and are better than the major brands.  That's who I came across this thread.  

I have a pair of Beats I was given years ago that I can use on the plane if needed.  I"m starting to lean towards getting a nice set of phones for home use.  I have never seen, nor heard Mr Speaker phones, but am very intrigued.  I have a Music Hall 25.3 DAC/Headphone amp that is freed up as I bought a much better DAC for my main system.  

I guess what I'm asking is about these phones.  How good are they compared to similar priced phones?  The PSB's seem like a decent buy, but for 400 I'm thinking I'd be better off just using the Beats or even the IEM's for travel and having a nice pair at home.  I like a musical sound and not hyper sensitive as i get fatigued by many of the top 'name' speakers.  My main system is: Vandersteen Treo's (soon to be Quatro's), Ayre AX-5/Twenty, Empirical Audio OSDE upgraded, Basis TT with Aesthetix Rhea phono stage.  Detailed, but with emotion.  
Which of the Mr Speakers would I be happy with?  I'd need an extension cable and have been using the cheap Grado one, but I hate it even with my Sennheisers.  

I have MS and get off track and am not always focused, so I'm sorry if this doesn't read properly.  Help needed please../Thanks....

for closed HP I picked:
Alpha Dog or Alpha Prime

for in ear:
I pick Westone W40 or W60, the W60 sound as good as the Alpha dog (of course soundstage is smaller and its a little bit more warm than the AD) but not as good as the alpha prime

For open HP I picked:
Beyerdynamic T1

I was really happy with the Alpha dog, I traded for a Cypher Lab theorem 720, and really miss it. then saw a good deal on the Alpha prime and figure what the hell, I'm single, no attachment, no responsibility...go for it.

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #67 of 126
Hi!  As of today we're back in stock on Mad Dog and Mad Dog Pro, but just barely.  Backorders will be shipped today.  New orders will ship in just over a week when the next run is processed.

Alpha Dogs and Alpha Primes have been selling as fast as we can build them and inventory is at zero, however we are typically shipping within 1-2 working days.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #68 of 126
Small shipping delays due to shortage of ear pads.  All backorders will ship by Wednesday July 1.  We're having a bit of a time keeping up, so THANK YOU to everyone for your purchases!

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #69 of 126
I have to say, the Mad Dog Pro is an incredible headphone. The closest I've gotten to a speaker experience in a headphone, particularly the bass and mids which are unparalleled for that experience. Now, tune them to your liking, plug them into a crossfeed feature like the SPL Phonitor, close your eyes, press play and you might be surprised at the realism and growl they deliver with your music.

MrSpeakers, thank you for helping me find my ultimate Dub Techno cans!

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #70 of 126
  I have to say, the Mad Dog Pro is an incredible headphone. The closest I've gotten to a speaker experience in a headphone, particularly the bass and mids which are unparalleled for that experience. Now, tune them to your liking, plug them into a crossfeed feature like the SPL Phonitor, close your eyes, press play and you might be surprised at the realism and growl they deliver with your music.

MrSpeakers, thank you for helping me find my ultimate Dub Techno cans!

Ah hah... Deadbeat?  

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #72 of 126
Got my Mad Dog Pro's last week and they are great!  One thing I wanted to ask Dan, is that it came with a doggie treats pack and I wanted to mess around with the dots, but I noticed it already has 2 already installed on each side.  Is it recommended to have more than 2 on each side, and if so, where should they go? 

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #73 of 126
  Got my Mad Dog Pro's last week and they are great!  One thing I wanted to ask Dan, is that it came with a doggie treats pack and I wanted to mess around with the dots, but I noticed it already has 2 already installed on each side.  Is it recommended to have more than 2 on each side, and if so, where should they go? 

Here is the a link to the tuning guide I made.

https://app.box.com/s/dv63zhl3vzqbthyui0yovrbltl0hz5ko

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #75 of 126
that is perfect Dan!  Appreciate the fast reply.  Thanks!

That's Peter, who put the guide together (among many things)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back