End of Life and Sale on Mad Dog and Alpha Headphones
Oct 2, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #106 of 126

Lot's of people use USB Dac/Amp, and many aren't lowly at all.  The Meridian V2 got nice feedback, also the Geek Out V2 and the new CEntrance DACPort HD have gotten great feedback.  Check on the Alpha Dog thread to ask people for detailed feedback.

I concur, the SMSL SD-793II served my Alpha Prime very well for while until I got the HiFi-M8.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #107 of 126
Hi everyone.  A heads-up; due to incredible demand for ETHER headphones we're temporarily halting production of our Fostex-based headphones.  When we run out of inventory we'll be out for several weeks.  We will resume production as soon as possible.  We're about to double our manufacturing space and also adding more staff to meet demand.  

Sorry for any inconvenience, but what I can promise is that we will be delivering headphones for the holidays, and also that we just received another palette of T50s from Fostex (they keep finding T50Rp2's in different locations and they seem happy to send them our way so we expect to be able to keep offering these products through the end of the year).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 5, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #109 of 126
Just ordered a pair of MadDog's before they're gone for good. Thinking about driving these with the O2+ODAC rev B combo from JDS Labs. This will be my first "serious" headphone setup.

I selected two day shipping at checkout and haven't received a tracking number or email or anything, so I used the "Contact Us" link to ask when they'll ship out.

Looking forward to these things!

[EDIT]

Just heard back. The boys have been tied up at CES 2016 and there's been flooding due to heavy rain. I was in Southern California over the holiday so I completely understand. Shipping in about a week! Thanks Dan!

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #113 of 126
I know it's out of my place and I don't have a say in this, I literally just saved up enough money for mad dogs like a week ago, and I was basically one day late from buying the Mad Dogs, so I was a little depressed for the following few days. Please make some kind of replacement for the Mad Dogs as I will be waiting with my pair of Dt770s until they are made :p. Then I will by them as soon as they are out.

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #116 of 126
Well I cant figure which ones are better.. I have both Alpha and LCD-2 and They both are giving me a good fight.. Right out the box the AP is clean and came with the DUM cable..
the LCD came with its stock cable so thats not fair :). Hard to say which one to really choose from >___< Some songs they both are on par.. on top of that I have the JDS Labs - O2+ODAC Combo RevB ... What a choice -___-'

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #117 of 126
Although the O2/ODac is good it holds the abilities of the AD back and therefore also the AP.

I had the O2/ODac but ended up getting a Chord Mojo after listening it with the Alpha Dogs, these cans are capable of scaling so much it would be worth considering an upgrade from the O2/ODac

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #118 of 126
  Although the O2/ODac is good it holds the abilities of the AD back and therefore also the AP.

I had the O2/ODac but ended up getting a Chord Mojo after listening it with the Alpha Dogs, these cans are capable of scaling so much it would be worth considering an upgrade from the O2/ODac

Hmmmmmm I might consider that after I get someone to purchase it or it wears down. Next .. is the Ether C :O

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #119 of 126
So glad I got my hands on these before they ran out. Dan confirmed on Twitter they're now EOL. I got an ifi Micro iDSD off a member here and it should be arriving soon. I've been listening to my Mad Dogs with a friend's FiiO E17 and I just love the way these things sound. Couldn't be happier.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #120 of 126
Turns out we had a little more material left than we thought and a few more Alpha Dogs and Alpha Primes are on the site, but that really is the last set that will be available.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back