EMU 0404 USB - really the best?
Feb 6, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #106 of 265
I've completed step 2- including using DRC to set up FIR filters and apply them through the Foobar convolver plug in.

First- it is a PITA! I consider myself a technophile and very audio and tech savy. I followed the instructions in the DRC wiki site and eventually ended up with a filter that works great.

Second- it is well worth doing and will bring the single greatest improvement in sound that you can get (with speakers- that is) But be prepared for some frustration along the way.

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #111 of 265
In Czech republic 0404 usb costs about 4000 czech crowns (CZK), what is about 230 USD
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #113 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by reynoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh sorry, I posted the same thing twice
frown.gif
I am newbie
wink.gif

I am not wery interested in PC sound, so I ask, if 0404 USB is able to get enough power to drive my 595?

It is more than capable to drive your HD595. However, the main function of the 0404 (for me at least) is not for amplification purpose, but rather the utilization of its DAC.

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #115 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by reynoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And DAC works without computer, or I must use it only with PC?
[size=xx-small]I am sorry for my bad english, it is not by born language
rolleyes.gif
[/size]

yes you can use it as a DAC off the direct monitor option

but you will be limited to 44.1kHz, as the only way to switch to higher sample rates is through the software on the PC

so yes, it is possible, but will be limited...

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #120 of 265
Thanks for the link... I was too lazy to search at the moment. So my understanding is if I am gonna only use the dac function of the EMU 0202, it should provide a decent sound running thru a amp like Gilmore Lite ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back