Emu 0404 USB + Foobar configuration?
Dec 1, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to get rid of the lag, go to preferences > advanced > playback and then adjust the Fade on/out values to 0 and change the thread priority. I have mine at 5. As for the asio resetting on restart, I have no solution for that.

Good tip
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant0nik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good tip, now if there only was a way to keep the ASIO setting every time you start up foobar
frown.gif

There is a way: Use Foobar 0.8.3. Maybe a little less fancy than 0.9.5b7 but you don't have to change settings after each restart.

But this foobar / asio version has also a disadvantage. You only can set 2 out of 4 asio output channels to active. So you need to choose channel0 for analoge out or channel 2 for digital out.

I use 2 different working foobar folders. One i use when listen to headphone and the other to listen to ht-receiver. So i renamed one foobar.exe to headphone.exe and the other foobar's folder foobar.exe to speakers.exe and located a short-cut on quicksart/desktop/startmenu.

But this way you need to update 2 versions of your album-database... and shutdown foobar and restart the other folder's foobar to change between analog and digital...

But honestly said: i do also use version 0.9.5b7 most of the time beacause i can change the lay-out more easaly to fit my needs for taking over the desktop with my Palm device.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundsound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought I saw somewhere that ASIO isn't necessary when using the 0404.

What you probably read was that "ASIO4ALL" is not necessary.

ASIO4ALL is a workaround application, so to speak, that allows a device without native ASIO drivers to operate in that mode.

Because the E-MU drivers for the 0404 USB support ASIO, you don't need to use ASIO4ALL.

On the other hand, you don't need to use a player app that supports ASIO to use the 0404 USB. It works fine as the default Windows audio device; you can use it via DirectSound and get fine results, too.......some say better than with ASIO, but I can't detect any huge difference.

Feb 2, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What you probably read was that "ASIO4ALL" is not necessary.

ASIO4ALL is a workaround application, so to speak, that allows a device without native ASIO drivers to operate in that mode.

Because the E-MU drivers for the 0404 USB support ASIO, you don't need to use ASIO4ALL.

On the other hand, you don't need to use a player app that supports ASIO to use the 0404 USB. It works fine as the default Windows audio device; you can use it via DirectSound.

When you want to use the spdif output on the 0404 you'll need asio as far as i know. For analog output, beside asio, you also can use DS.

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #22 of 34
Good catch, Ejorne, I probably misunderstood the question about ASIO not being necessary. As you mention, you need an ASIO-capable app to reconfigure the output channels so the input is directed to the S/PDIF outputs if that's what you need to do.

I had just read a thread in which someone was trying to use ASIO4ALL with the 0404 USB and that threw me off!

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #24 of 34
there is a knob on the 0404 usb called main output. that is volume control for the 0404 usb analog out. for headphone out, there is also a volume control. for digital (what i use) there is a slider in the vista sound card menu.

Mar 1, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #26 of 34
There is a update for Asio output plugin for Foobar 0.9.5.1.
version 1.2.6

Unfortunally there is still a problem with keeping the settings after restart computer.

But with this new asio plugin it is possible to change asio settings.

Grtz, Ejorne

Mar 2, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ejorne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
version 1.2.6

How should the settings be set?

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ejorne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
version 1.2.6

Unfortunally there is still a problem with keeping the settings after restart computer.

Grtz, Ejorne

I use ASIO4all, it fixed all the problems

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use KernelStreaming in Foobar. Sound is definitely an improvement over both DS and ASIO.

I thought KS doesn't work on USB card?
how did you get it to work?......is it an actual improvement or just louder
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back