Emu 0404 USB + Foobar configuration?
Nov 9, 2007 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

veggz

New Head-Fier
I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out the optimal configuration for my 0404 USB. I've been running through Winamp, but it seems that most would recommend Foobar. My question is, if I were to use Foobar, exactly what configuration should I use (i.e. ASIO or Kernal, any EQ or other effects with a Senn 595?)? I've tried searching the topic but couldn't find a straightforward answer.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 34
There is no SQ difference if you use asio or DS. Some say it's better to not to use ASIO for playback in foobar.

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no SQ difference if you use asio or DS. Some say it's better to not to use ASIO for playback in foobar.

not really..ASIO sounds better to me

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 34
Thanks for the input, guys.

I've been having some problems with ASIO, namely the following:
1. There is a significant lag if I try to switch the song while one is still playing. The same thing happens if I stop the song in the middle.
2. Each time I restart my computer, the ASIO drivers stop responding and I have to reconfigure Foobar.

Has anyone else had these same problems? Also, what volume setting to have Foobar set to?

Edit: Also, gain or no gain?

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not really..ASIO sounds better to me

Than i'm wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veggz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. There is a significant lag if I try to switch the song while one is still playing. The same thing happens if I stop the song in the middle.
2. Each time I restart my computer, the ASIO drivers stop responding and I have to reconfigure Foobar.

Has anyone else had these same problems? Also, what volume setting to have Foobar set to?

Edit: Also, gain or no gain?

I'm keeping the Foobar's and all other software volume controls on max, and use only the knobs on emu.

Nov 10, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #9 of 34
I think that ASIO sounds a bit better,but the lag is unbearable.So ds here.

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Than i'm wrong.

I'm keeping the Foobar's and all other software volume controls on max, and use only the knobs on emu.

not saying that u're wrong, but better here is very subjective. for me maybe its 50% better or for some others it will be 10%, etc.

Its totally depends on the person itself to judge =)

Nov 10, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by veggz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried using asio4all?

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #13 of 34
If you want to get rid of the lag, go to preferences > advanced > playback and then adjust the Fade on/out values to 0 and change the thread priority. I have mine at 5. As for the asio resetting on restart, I have no solution for that.

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to get rid of the lag, go to preferences > advanced > playback and then adjust the Fade on/out values to 0 and change the thread priority. I have mine at 5. As for the asio resetting on restart, I have no solution for that.

Great information! works like a charm! Thanks a lot.

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 34
ASIO!!!! It's the only way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back