Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE
Mar 31, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #121 of 265
I suggest Xiphos, which is the name of a short sword used by Greek soldiers. My reasoning is that these IEM's would be the trusty, go-to tool for the musician/audiophile just like the short sword was there to defend the soldier when things got hairy. And it just sounds super cool 
wink_face.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #122 of 265

When there is an IEM series called the Dunu Titan 1, 1es, 3, 5...

OK I got it :)

Then I would suggest Naiad . Naiad stands for female spirit and a water nymph in ancient Greek mythology. As someone above made a right remark  that a female name would be nice addition to your collection of eims.  

At the moment I have 1gen Fiio X5 and iphone to listen to. However I am thinking about upgrading to something more high end. Also just recently ordered  Periodic audio's Be single dynamic driver eim. So why I want flagship iem? Actually couple of years ago or maybe more, I had top of the line flagship 6 BA driver per side custom eims and  had other flagship hybrid BA+dynamic driver eims (won't tell the names :) not upset the owners). At the beginning they were sounding nice to my ears, however I have started to notice phase issue between multiple drivers. Especially, it was noticeable in complex and rhythmic music. This issues were became so annoying that I got rid of them. Now, if I am lucky enough, I would like to experience whether today's current flagship eims solved the issue, because there should  a definitive progress in designing complex crossovers. It would be great to compare side by side the latest single dynamic eim and  pinnacle of multidriver flagship from Empire Ears. Good luck to everyone!     

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #124 of 265
Current setup: Trinity Audio Master 4.

Why do I need the flagship?: To be completely honest I don't need the new flagship but I really want it. I listen to music most of my waking hours because it helps me keep unwanted emotions out of my life that I don't want such as stress and fears. I have never listened to a flagship audio device ever. I'm super curious why people spend thousands to buy iems and I would love to learn. I do feel unqualified however because I dont think I possess a dac/amp worthy of these iems but Im taking a shot in the dark nonetheless.

I have no idea what a handle is.

Names: I have two names which I believe have not been introduced thus far.

the first one is ORPHEUS: in Greek mythology, Orpheus was a musician who had the ability to charm all living things. His skill was even able to charm the cold hearted Hades and his wife Persephone into giving him a chance to bring his deceased wife back from the dead. Orpheus has the musical ability to sway even the almighty gods with his musical prowess; he truly is a powerful character.

My second name is EURYDICE: I agree that a female name may be very nice within the current lineup so this is my female name choice. Eurydice is a female nymph who is a daughter of Apollo - the god of music and poetry. Eurydice is also the deceased wife of Orpheus. She was killed by a viper but her husbands love gave her the chance of be brought back from the dead. I think her name works because Eurydice is the reason why Orpheus was able to produce such beutiful music. She is the reason for Orpheus's strength.

I also really liked the ideas of Olympus and Janus, they are great ideas. Good luck to all!!

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #126 of 265
Setup:
I currently have some MEE M6 Pro with my trusty Chord Mojo. I need the Zeus-XR because most of my universal iems never fit. I would love to upgrade to customs to listen to that sweet sweet bliss. Also, I would love to test out the Zeus in stage/audiophile/mixing situations.

Name:
I like the names Atlas or Nyx

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #131 of 265
Why not the most expensive ever IEms, so I recommend the oBravo EAMT-1s. I personally am very happy with my ATH-CKS990s.
Huh?

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #133 of 265
Hows about moving to new line with different mythology names instead of using Nord and Greek mythology which are common nowadays. I would call it "Ra" - the sun god in ancient Egypt  

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #134 of 265
Hows about moving to new line with different mythology names instead of using Nord and Greek mythology which are common nowadays. I would call it "Ra" - the sun god in ancient Egypt  
Yeah, the names are for a new line, that's why I said Egyptian names.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #135 of 265
Yes, and it costs just £ 3699, but I will be very curious what justifies such a price.
I'm more just confused why this is being discussed here? Because it has nothing to do with this thread unless it has something to do with your current set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back