Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
Aug 26, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #556 of 903

The DC-1 was designed to sound very neutral - which may not line up with everyone's needs or preferences. (The DC-1 is also relatively immune to jitter, and to power supply noise, so most "USB tweaks" probably won't have a major effect on how it sounds.)

Agreed, the DC-1 responded MUCH less than the HDP to the USB power supply.

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #559 of 903
Emotiva DC vs Benchmark??
What do you guys think?

I wouldn't worry about it. The Benchmark is VERY highly rated by a number of reputable ears.
BUT it also costs 4x as much!  If it does beat out the DC-1 it won't be by a 4x margin.
I got my DC-1 on sale for $449 and am sure I got WAY more than my moneys worth. It looks like it's built like a tank so it will probably remain in my system for many many years.

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #560 of 903
I just bought this DAC to replace a Schitt BiFrost cause I need a sub and XLR. Look forward to getting it setup. It also has a headphone amp so the Asgard I guess is gonna go.

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #561 of 903
The only issue I have with the DC-1 however is the remote. It is solid metal but looseish on the backplate.

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #562 of 903
 It is solid metal but looseish on the backplate.

??? I don't understand, if your saying the backplate is loose maybe talk to Emotiva if it bothers you. Mine is very tight with no looseness at all. Are the top and botton screws tight?

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #563 of 903
I bought the DC-1 to use with the Cavalli Liquid Carbon and I am really enjoying it so far. Solid build, great connectivity options and a remote that you can drive nails with.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #564 of 903
I bought the DC-1 to use with the Cavalli Liquid Carbon and I am really enjoying it so far. Solid build, great connectivity options and a remote that you can drive nails with.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

If there's ever an intruder I'll skip the knives and chuck the DC-1 remote at him. 
biggrin.gif

It reminds me of the Audio-GD old style remotes a lot. Either way, no complaints. I think adding a remote gives a lot of functionality to the DC-1 for use as a speaker preamp! 

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #566 of 903
  ??? I don't understand, if your saying the backplate is loose maybe talk to Emotiva if it bothers you. Mine is very tight with no looseness at all. Are the top and botton screws tight?

What's there not to understand? It's loose. The stopper isn't long enough so it's about 2mm too short. The screws are on fine. It slides slightly up and down if I grab the back of it with my fingertips. If I shake it it rattles. If I put it on the table it rattles. I can just put a small bit of rubber or something on the plate and stop it. I'm not gonna bother them with it. Personally I think the remote is a little over built if there is such a thing, too big and too heavy.

I just setup the unit and it's great so far. Great to have two units in one and have them run my monitors. Overall a nice unit.

Aug 28, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #568 of 903
  What's there not to understand? It's loose. The stopper isn't long enough so it's about 2mm too short. The screws are on fine. It slides slightly up and down if I grab the back of it with my fingertips. If I shake it it rattles. If I put it on the table it rattles. I can just put a small bit of rubber or something on the plate and stop it. I'm not gonna bother them with it. Personally I think the remote is a little over built if there is such a thing, too big and too heavy.

I just setup the unit and it's great so far. Great to have two units in one and have them run my monitors. Overall a nice unit.

It would aggravate the heck out of me over time, I'd warranty it but your call.
Enjoy.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #569 of 903
  It would aggravate the heck out of me over time, I'd warranty it but your call.
Enjoy.

I think you're right. I did the rubber trick and this stopped the backplate from sliding but it's loose in the rails too so when I tap on the back of it it rattles there as well. I wrote them today and showed them a copy of my invoice from Amazon and the replied stating they couldn't find a sales receipt from their site. Kind of an odd response considering I said I purchased it from Amazon and gave them the invoice. Anyway we'll see what they do.

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #570 of 903
If you have any issues talk to Keith from Emotiva, either here or on their factory forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back