Emotiva Pro airmotiv4 Loudspeakers Review
Jan 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #16 of 413
I got a pair of KRK Rokit5 g2's for $245 shipped, so this isn't gonna apply any buyers remorse at all

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #20 of 413
I've had a pair on my desk for a while now. They aren't anywhere near up to my headphone rig for overall ability, but the tweeters are certainly very good. I hope to give them a run in my living room rig to see how they fare as I thought of getting the 6's to replace my old Paradigms. They shipped them to me direct in Japan, which was handy. I imagine they do that where they don't have a local distributor.

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #22 of 413
I LOVE that you can EQ these in accordance with your room properties using the on-board EQ settings (that's also how I could dial my Genelec 1032A's into a room so fast when I needed to ref a mix, or even do some tracking). A nice touch, I wonder how they are, with regard to timbre, compared to the Audioengine A5+ (a FAR better speaker than the original A5, which I though was outstanding for the money as well)??

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #23 of 413
If you can please have a look at yamaha hs50m. In terms of feature they are the same as airmotiv4, in terms of sound I consider them the ER4S of monitors. 

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #24 of 413
WOW, I didn't even see Steve's response about the Audioengine A5+ before I typed mine just now! STRANGE.  I've been LOVING my A5+  - I can rock them w/ my DJ rig (2 1200's and a Pioneer ALL analog DJM-500 mixer) and they won't heat up and cut-out (the original A5's would if we BANGED em all night into the early-morning hours).

Mr. C loves his A5's too - so I can't wait to install the new A5+'s in his place!!  That spot rocks in Echo Park.

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #25 of 413

Quote:
Headphone Addict, I will be getting the new Audioengine A5+ soon, and will compare them. As for the A5, it's no contest, the airmotiv4 is way better. That tweeter is tough to beat.

I bet that tweeter is FAR better, sharper and more prescise than any silk dome - that's for sure.  The transient attack probably has so much more velocity with that tweeter.
You killed me Steve! Now I gotta hear these, and then convince the wife that I nee them.  Lucky for me, she's a fellow music addict (put in plenty of time with boots on the groun
at Geffen and Sony/BMG too - so she don't give a F__K what things look like as long as they get the hell out of the way of the music).

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #26 of 413
The HS series is beat out by almost every other monitor in their respective price ranges I've heard. I absolutely loathe the whole line... (IMO of course)

Quote:
If you can please have a look at yamaha hs50m. In terms of feature they are the same as airmotiv4, in terms of sound I consider them the ER4S of monitors. 

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #27 of 413
Yes their price range puts them in a bad position but they are very transparent and revealing. I was used KRK and m-audio, to my years their PSU section is clean with no noise, both KRK and m-audio had hissing sound at 50% turned up volume. Right now their price have dropped alot. Right now you can get a pair with $499. But I cant deny I dont want a mackie (and right now this emotiva 4).
To my eas hm are like the ER4S. They are analytic but in a good way. 

Quote:
The HS series is beat out by almost every other monitor in their respective price ranges I've heard. I absolutely loathe the whole line... (IMO of course)

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #30 of 413
I guess...They're revealing like most 'hi-fi' gear, but I honestly think they sound like crap. I know people that like them, but most of the actual producers I've talked with dislike them. Granted, I don't know too many production guys either.

I'm hit up KRK, or Mackie.

Mackies are my personal choice. Though these Emotiva monitors look pretty sweet.
Quote:
When I was scouting about for monitors, I read that the yamaha hs50m's have a hi-fi sound to them. Can either of you echo those sentiments?
I'm just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back