Emotiva BasX A2m Flex Speaker + Headphone Amp
Mar 18, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #47 of 80
I have the BasX A-100 and love it. Haven't needed to put the jumper in yet. Enjoy.
Installing the jumpers unleashes it's full potential, IMO, especially if you have harder to drive HPs like high-impedance ones or planars. It helps to put a preamp in front of it too. I use a BAL Gustard H20 discrete Class A headphone amp/preamp with mine to decrease it's noise and increase/improve it's staging, timbre, and texture. Tube/tube hybrid buffer/preamps work well also, IMO.....

Mar 18, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #48 of 80
I received my a2m today and it didn't come with jumper pins.
Please get in touch with Emotiva to have them send you some - or go to a computer store - they're pretty much the exact same as standard electronics pin jumpers I think......

Mar 18, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #49 of 80
Installing the jumpers unleashes it's full potential, IMO, especially if you have harder to drive HPs like high-impedance ones or planars. It helps to put a preamp in front of it too. I use a BAL Gustard H20 discrete Class A headphone amp/preamp with mine to decrease it's noise and increase/improve it's staging, timbre, and texture. Tube/tube hybrid buffer/preamps work well also, IMO.....
Sometime when I'm in the mood to play around I might do that. I have the volume of the amp at three o'clock when using my Sundara's.
I had read somewhere that if you need the jumper it is something computer related but I would ask Emotiva to send a replacement. They are supposed to have good customer service.

Mar 22, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #51 of 80
Thank you!
I bought the jumper pin today and installed it.
The very standard pin matched and worked fine.
I love it when a plan comes together. How does it drive your HPs now??? I hooked up my resistor-bypassed A100 to my Arya V2 really hard to drive well) - and it was like a whole different HP. What was once polite bass was then a bass cannon. Bass was deep, detailed, textured, and totally dynamic. I still smile when I think about that experience, WOW....

May 18, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #52 of 80
I just added a Schiit Freya N preamp to my system. And it sounds phenomenal feeding the Emotiva a2m amp. I did change the tubes, but that’s part of the fun. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a modern preamp that scales really well. FWIW

May 18, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #53 of 80
I just added a Schiit Freya N preamp to my system. And it sounds phenomenal feeding the Emotiva a2m amp. I did change the tubes, but that’s part of the fun. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a modern preamp that scales really well. FWIW

Very nice system! Enjoy! 😊

May 18, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #54 of 80
I love it when a plan comes together. How does it drive your HPs now??? I hooked up my resistor-bypassed A100 to my Arya V2 really hard to drive well) - and it was like a whole different HP. What was once polite bass was then a bass cannon. Bass was deep, detailed, textured, and totally dynamic. I still smile when I think about that experience, WOW....

I use my A-100 in both my 2 channel and headphone system with great results. IME the A-100 and its successor are incredible bargains!

May 18, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #55 of 80
I use my A-100 in both my 2 channel and headphone system with great results. IME the A-100 and its successor are incredible bargains!
This^^^.....

May 20, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #56 of 80
I got a good deal on a Schiit Magni 3+ and I've been playing with the idea of using it as a preamp for my A-100. It's nice to have options. I use my Emotiva to drive a pair of Elac UB5's. They require some power to light them up and the amp does a fine job of it.

May 20, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #57 of 80
I got a good deal on a Schiit Magni 3+ and I've been playing with the idea of using it as a preamp for my A-100. It's nice to have options. I use my Emotiva to drive a pair of Elac UB5's. They require some power to light them up and the amp does a fine job of it.

I use my A100 with a Naim 62/Hicap and it's a good synergy with my vintage bookshelf speakers: Linn Kan I and KEF Reference Series Model 101.
The Kan is about 83 db @ 1 watt and the Model 101 81 db @ 1 watt, very inefficient. Yet, the A 100 drives them with ease. It really is a flexible
amp! 😊

May 20, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #58 of 80
I used a Magni heresy and piety as a preamp with good results. The volume pots on the Magnis are much better than the free spinning volume knob on the basX.

Sep 3, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #59 of 80
I've been using a Magni 3+ for a while now as a preamp for my A-100. I'm having good results with them driving my Elac UB5's. They are great sounding speakers if you have the power to drive them properly and my combo is doing a fine job of that. Also, it's my second headphone set up. You can't have too many of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back