Emmeline "The Shadow"
Oct 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #647 of 999
DSC00834.jpg

"In Rainbows". One of the greatest albums of all time.

Enjoy your new toys guys. I'll have to wait for the November NYC Fall Meet to get mine, but it sounds like it will be worth it.

I am on a plane 3-4 days a week and this puppy is going to get worn out.

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #648 of 999
Well, another day and mine didn't get here. Hopefully tomorrow? :p

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #649 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"In Rainbows". One of the greatest albums of all time.

Enjoy your new toys guys. I'll have to wait for the November NYC Fall Meet to get mine, but it sounds like it will be worth it.

I am on a plane 3-4 days a week and this puppy is going to get worn out.

Couldn't agree more about "In Rainbows". I love how dynamic of a recording it is too... it's a great album to evaluate equipment with. It's always one of my references for testing new pieces of gear, as well as just all around a great listen every time.

Hope you enjoy the Shadow once you get it, I know I'm looking forward to traveling with mine to either Thailand or China in a few months.

Oct 29, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #650 of 999
Shadow arrived today. Beautiful little amp. The thing is tiny. From what I gather, it is "mainly" to be used with iems or very efficient cans.
Red light is still on so it hasn't finished charging.
My logical self tells me to leave it alone tonight. I really can't afford another night with no sleep. I'd be willing to bet each of you can relate to that. Also, I sprung for recommended "Reverie" cable from CablePro. Pricey but in the end, I know it will be worth it. Ted is a seriously nice guy with a great attitude and tons of knowledge. Hope everyone enjoys their new toy!!!
regular_smile .gif

Thanks Ray !!!

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #651 of 999
Serial #31 here. Just finished my first Shadow-commute from lower Manhattan to the Bronx and all I can say is this little pixie is a powerful monster! Was listening to "Knock Yourself Out" by Tower of Power and I couldn't believe the way this thing was resoving the bottom end! Far more punchy than my tomahawk. I agree with previous poster who said that it seems to take a bit long to get the volume to the right spot but perhaps practice will make it go faster. Probably doesn't help that I like my music loud and visceral!

Way to go Ray and all the Samuels family
smily_headphones1.gif

You've set the benchmark higher once again.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #653 of 999
I find that once you have become accustomed to the volume control you will arrive at your preferred sound level very fast. Just like anything, there is a learning curve. I wasn't sure I would like the volume back to zero each time the amp was turned off but my ears sure are thankful. With IEM's in and the volume accidently turned up it is painful but with this amp that doesn't happen. Have fun!

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #654 of 999
It's fun already without even being burned in....

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #655 of 999
A question: While I'm waiting for my ALO line out cable, I wanted to "test" my Shadow. I tried the headphone jack. No sound at all. Then, I have an old IPod dock and I connected a Nano from the line out - mini to mini. Still no sound.

Where am I going wrong?

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #656 of 999
bergman,

Remember that the volume goes back to zero when you turn on the Shadow so you need to turn the volume up. Also, ensure your iPod volume is up since your going mini-mini out of the iPod into the Shadow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back