Emmeline "The Shadow"
Sep 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #272 of 999
Hello Ray,
apparently the SE530 are very sensitive and thus show some hiss easily. Also apparently everybody recommends your amps (like the Tomohawk) to avoid hissing. My SE530 hiss a lot with my MacBook Pro, and a less (bearable) with my iPod classic. Will I be able to ge rid of the hiss with the lovely Shadow?
Cheers

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #273 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Ray,
apparently the SE530 are very sensitive and thus show some hiss easily. Also apparently everybody recommends your amps (like the Tomohawk) to avoid hissing. My SE530 hiss a lot with my MacBook Pro, and a less (bearable) with my iPod classic. Will I be able to ge rid of the hiss with the lovely Shadow?
Cheers

Make sure that your source output signal is pre-amplification & not the headphone jack of the player or computer. As to the Shadow, it has just the right gain, that of three, which works well with all IEMs with no hiss at all, also if you play files that are compressed or any MP3 files you should expect the hiss in those formats. Good lossless files or wave through pre-amplification output of your player will gives you the result that you are looking for.
Ray Samuels

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #274 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure that your source output signal is pre-amplification & not the headphone jack of the player or computer. As to the Shadow, it has just the right gain, that of three, which works well with all IEMs with no hiss at all, also if you play files that are compressed or any MP3 files you should expect the hiss in those formats. Good lossless files or wave through pre-amplification output of your player will gives you the result that you are looking for.
Ray Samuels

Hello Ray,
thanks for that, very re-assuring. I planned to get the Line out for my ipod, however, for my laptop...this only goes out via a combined headphone/optical jack, the Shadow does not have an optical line in? I suppose the hiss (and quality) will still be miles better with the headphone out from my laptop, or there might be some adapter to get a a jack-line out from usb or optical. Does anyone know about this? Laptop is not my main source anyway

Cheers

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #275 of 999
hello ray,

please remove my reservation for the shadow.
altrough i realy wuld love to own one of your artworks, i found a solution for me that work quite well for my needs, and i think the extra device to carry with me wuld not justify the incrase of sq.

sorry for the inconvience caused.

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #278 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please reserve one for me. black
Serial #, if possible 008, if not 838

Thanks,
John

Hi Ray,

Sorry, please remove me from preorder list. Just send in my impression for JH13 and I can't afford both. I really wish I can...

John

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #285 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Ray,
thanks for that, very re-assuring. I planned to get the Line out for my ipod, however, for my laptop...this only goes out via a combined headphone/optical jack, the Shadow does not have an optical line in? I suppose the hiss (and quality) will still be miles better with the headphone out from my laptop, or there might be some adapter to get a a jack-line out from usb or optical. Does anyone know about this? Laptop is not my main source anyway

Cheers

Hi grumpyoldman,
1:The Shadow doesn't have optical line-in, analogue line-in only.
2:The line-out jack of my laptop (MacBook Pro) gives more clear sound to my IEM or my headphones than I guessed (though maybe SE530 is easy to get hiss compared to triple.fi 10Pro or Westone UM3X).
But, if you use iPod outside mainly, Ray's portables would be enjoyable for you.
3:I have never heard an adapter to get a jack-line out from USB or optical so far.

Basically the build quality of Ray,s products are So Good & they sound my IEM or my headphones with cheerful or comfortable taste (I have P-51, The Predator & SR-71A), IMO.

Best Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back