Emmeline "The Shadow"
Feb 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #976 of 999
Has anybody listened to the shadow with Westone3?

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #977 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only portable solution I know of for this is (forgive me Head-Fi Admin) another manufacturer's product, the Red Win iMod. Search for that online. It pulls the signal off the iPod digitally and without the iPod's built-in muss and fuss goes straight off the DAC. Ray's amps sound AMAZING off an iMod.

no actually this is not true, the imod does NOT pull the digital signal off the ipod, currently the only way to pull a digital signal off the ipod is with non portable docks such as the iwadia.

apologies ray for the OT.

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #978 of 999
Mr Ray would tell me which one of your amps did used to listen to the westone 3 when you wrote the review? Thanks

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #979 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by che15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr Ray would tell me which one of your amps did used to listen to the westone 3 when you wrote the review? Thanks

P-51 & the Shadows are perfect match with Westone 3, which ever you choose you will never go wrong.
Ray Samuels

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #980 of 999
Thank you sr.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #981 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P-51 & the Shadows are perfect match with Westone 3, which ever you choose you will never go wrong.
Ray Samuels

I concur wholeheartedly. (I have all 3)

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #982 of 999
Thanks woody, I have the shadow and I love it , but you know how this goes we are always on the quest for better sound.

May 3, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #983 of 999
Short story. I "found" a pair of Sennheiser HD 480 II's while going through some of my packed stuff. I take good care of my things so they were in the original box etc. I hooked them up to various setups I have, hoping to breathe some life into an almost 18yr old? set of headphones. Long story short, I connected them to an iPod 5.5 and "the Shadow". Truthfully I didn't expect much because the headphones are very old and I have only listened to the Shadow with iems.

Wow, was I wrong. Those old open back headphones came to life man. I'm not talking just playing loud here. (the other combos did that) I'm talking these headphones gained resolution, emitted deep controlled bass, and threw an eerily 3D soundstage. Presentation was as good or better than any "new" headphone I've listened to in a like category. Synergy is a wonderful thing. Very, very nice indeed. Great job Ray ! How you pack sound like that into an amp the size of a matchbox is just magical !

(stock photo, too lazy to take my own)

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #985 of 999
biggrin.gif

HI RAY
It's about how much power MW?
How much can drive headphones or earplugs ohms? I refer to the drive was good and reasonable resistance。
THANKS!

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #988 of 999
Really considering this amp for my ultra portable setup actually I had already purchased a nano 6G ipod in advance. I wonder if the lod connector from RSA is compatible with the new ipod nano 6G.

Has anyone tried it with the new ipod nano coz I tried it with my old LOD and i doesn't work.

Ray, is it available in brushed silver color of Shadow amp? 

Thanks and regards,
Jon

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #989 of 999

We have it in black & the Silver/White brushed aluminum anodized.
The low profile LOD works with all Apple products.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Quote:
Really considering this amp for my ultra portable setup actually I had already purchased a nano 6G ipod in advance. I wonder if the lod connector from RSA is compatible with the new ipod nano 6G.

Has anyone tried it with the new ipod nano coz I tried it with my old LOD and i doesn't work.

Ray, is it available in brushed silver color of Shadow amp? 

Thanks and regards,
Jon

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #990 of 999
That's great Ray, time to park my Hornet for home duty!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back