Emmeline "The Shadow"
Jun 15, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #46 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pale Rider, most of the portable amps, if not all, that use Digital volume control have been designed with input & output caps in the signal path, that by it self is a no no for the one seeking the purest sound possible with out any colorations. The Shadow has NO caps in the signal path & that by it iself should be the biggest selling point of this amp.
Ray Samuels

Point taken Ray. Thanks.

Jun 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #47 of 999
We...need...News!
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #50 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Lee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it look like an amp which i can prepare myself for. look small and nice! hope is cheap too!

"Cheap" is not a word I would ever use to describe an RSA product or price. High value? Absolutely. Worth every penny and more.

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #51 of 999
i mean, hope is cheaper then their other range of products they have! well, my bad for the wrong usage of words yea?

RSA products had nv disappointed me before, and i really believe worth every cent of it.

Jun 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #53 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Lee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mean, hope is cheaper then their other range of products they have! well, my bad for the wrong usage of words yea?

RSA products had nv disappointed me before, and i really believe worth every cent of it.

I agree that it would be nice if the Shadow could have a price point below the Mustang. But I am not counting on it. At this batch size scale, the component, design and case work have certain floor costs that have to be covered. All we can do is wait to find out.

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #54 of 999
Please make this work for the new iPhone 3Gs! I just got one
wink.gif
I assume we are talking port dongle here?

Wish it could be integrated into a case for the entire phone like the extended battery cases that are showing up on the market. I know, I want the world.

I'll settle for better sound even with a circuit board in a clear case just to get Ray's stuff. Sexy!

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #55 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that it would be nice if the Shadow could have a price point below the Mustang. But I am not counting on it. At this batch size scale, the component, design and case work have certain floor costs that have to be covered. All we can do is wait to find out.

yea man, all we can do is to wait for this toy to come out
k701smile.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #56 of 999
Very nice design and philosophy, can't wait to have it; but I really like to know how it sounds different with the P-51 as I am willing to get it within coming weeks.

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #57 of 999
I probably shouldn't mention this to my dad who, after hearing the P-51 at the LAX gathering back in October, proceeded to whine nonstop until he got "the best-sounding little amp ever" (his words) for Christmas... on the other hand, I could always use a smaller alternative to my SR-71 (mostly PCDP use) that I could keep with my iPod rig, and lend it to him if he's REALLY nice!

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #59 of 999
Looks like 2 inches of wholesome goodness. Can't wait!
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back