Emmeline "The Shadow"
Jun 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #31 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Installing the input jack on the back side has two advantages. The first is being closer to the ipod bottom connector now cable manufacturers can design 90 digree connector out of ipod to the input of the Shadow, which I have seen Germania have done that. Secondly it permits the size of the amp being much smaller.
Ray Samuels

Thank you Ray san,
I agree with the place of the input jack on the back side (I use ALO cables which I love too) & recognized the technical reason for much small size.
But, the other RSA Portable Amps have input & output jacks at same direction. They are so easy to use with iPod IMO & a few people have said like me.

In either case, I will expect The Shadow very much from now on too!

Sincerely

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #32 of 999
Quote:

The Shadow is capable to give you more than 7-8 days of listenning at 8 hours per day from a single charge using IEMs.
Ray samuels

Thanks Ray for your reply - good battery life! Two more questions please:

1. How would you compare the sound quality of the Shadow with the P-51? You indicated in your website that the Shadow has improved performance over the P-51. In what ways is it better?

2. Any indication of price?

Thanks so much!
cansman

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #33 of 999
Hi Ray,

I know this may be too much foresight. Do you have any plans of tying up w/ Hifi man to provide the shadow as an amp module? Sorry about this. Just wondering if we can have a really complete solution in one box. =)

Back to topic:
I'm really interested to see how the shadow looks and performs. Up to now my favorite portable amp are the Predator and the SR71A. They drive most of the cans I have and had.

Which I was there at Can jam to try that too. ='/

Jun 4, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #34 of 999
Thank you, Ray.

Quote:

The op-amp used in the Shadow has a 250ma of current capability per channel. it can swing

Then I'm pretty sure that your OP-amp is not a TPA6120 which has AFAIK 700 mA. But it might sound as good, clean, crisp and holographic as well.
beerchug.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #35 of 999
Thanks Ray for all the info!! Can't wait to get more info on cost and date this will be ready. I have owned the Hornet M and now own the P-51 and both have been great
with absolute perfect SQ for my ears. I hope soon I can add the Shadow to that list.

Jun 4, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #36 of 999
I like the sound and the input on the rear, but I just don't know if I could live with the volume switch. I very much prefer a knob that I can go directly to the hour on the clock that I want. What a dilemma.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #37 of 999
I am intrigued by the possibility of a right angle LOD cable. Although as I think about it, what is it about the input jack on the front of an amp like the Mustang [or any other] that prevents a right angle LOD? I actually line up the front of my Mustang with the bottom of my iMod already, so a right angle plug could already work. The only concern I have is that the volume control on the opposite side will make it hard to get to when the amp is underneath the iPod. Or am I being spatially challenged?

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #38 of 999
Quote:

The Shadow is capable to give you more than 7-8 days of listenning at 8 hours per day from a single charge using IEMs.
Ray samuels

This, in combination with the USB recharge capability is just outstanding. I usually charge up my Mustang before a trip and then don't carry the charging plug. I have never run out of juice, but I worry about it. This kind of battery life plus easy USB recharging is sweet.

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #39 of 999
what would be the expected price for this sweet amp?

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #41 of 999
The Shadow being the smallest of our amps it does not lack the punch needed to make many phones shine. One of the most important features of the Shadow is that it does NOT use any input and output capacitors in the
SIGNAL PATH. This feature allows you to listen to the op-amp used in it's full purity with out any caps in the signal path that colors the sound, no matter how good & expensive those caps might be. We are also working with some cable manufacturers to se if we can make the DOC cable in 90 digree angle & very short that works with the Shadow & the ipod connector as both of those connectors are from the bottom of the device.
We will keep you posted.
Ray Samuels

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #43 of 999
Quote:

The Shadow being the smallest of our amps it does not lack the punch needed to make many phones shine. One of the most important features of the Shadow is that it does NOT use any input and output capacitors in the
SIGNAL PATH. This feature allows you to listen to the op-amp used in it's full purity with out any caps in the signal path that colors the sound, no matter how good & expensive those caps might be. We are also working with some cable manufacturers to se if we can make the DOC cable in 90 digree angle & very short that works with the Shadow & the ipod connector as both of those connectors are from the bottom of the device.
We will keep you posted.
Ray Samuels

Thanks Ray. I am looking forward to the development of the Shadow. I love my Mustang, but if I can get smaller, all the better. Getting my impressions done for my JH13 Pro IEMs Monday, and so am looking forward to having the Shadow to run them on. I have a good friend who is a Pico fan, and he has encouraged me to consider the Pico Slim, and it does have some interesting attributes. Right now, I haven't heard a whole lot of stuff to make me want to give up "the RSA sound."

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #45 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ray,

Will there be any updated photo's of the case work in the near future?

As soon as I have some thing in my hand I will post the pictures, Steve.
As to the Price, we have to wait to see the cost of the chassis before we get the final price.

Pale Rider, most of the portable amps, if not all, that use Digital volume control have been designed with input & output caps in the signal path, that by it self is a no no for the one seeking the purest sound possible with out any colorations. The Shadow has NO caps in the signal path & that by it iself should be the biggest selling point of this amp.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back