EMM Labs DAC2X slays all comers - and wallets .....
Jul 25, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #106 of 125
Anyone using a slightly more budget friendly ddc than the ns1? Currious what works well here synergy wise since I can't use network connection (have to use USB out of my main comp and can mess with it from there)
No point getting NS1 if you are not going to use network - it’s a network bridge after all.

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #107 of 125
No point getting NS1 if you are not going to use network - it’s a network bridge after all.

I thought ns1 also had a usb input, no?

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #108 of 125
I thought ns1 also had a usb input, no?
I think that is only for USB thumb drives and similar, and not USB from a laptop or similar, but I could be wrong about that.

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #109 of 125
I think that is only for USB thumb drives and similar, and not USB from a laptop or similar, but I could be wrong about that.
Well damn. Well guess I'll have to look more into options

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #110 of 125
Recently picked up a DAC2X V2 and I'm loving the sound with my MZ3 and VCs so far.

My go to test song to start listening to a new piece of gear is Georgia from Charles Lloyd's Water is Wide album (FLAC 44.1 /16, ripped from CD). I've listened to numerous DACs that just can't handle the sax, piano and the percussion (especially the cymbals). Cymbals always sound smoothed over (almost clipped for lack of a better term) and hissy. The Emm Labs has allowed me to finally hear the recording. A lot more listening to do but I'm a believer so far.

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #111 of 125
Recently picked up a DAC2X V2 and I'm loving the sound with my MZ3 and VCs so far.

My go to test song to start listening to a new piece of gear is Georgia from Charles Lloyd's Water is Wide album (FLAC 44.1 /16, ripped from CD). I've listened to numerous DACs that just can't handle the sax, piano and the percussion (especially the cymbals). Cymbals always sound smoothed over (almost clipped for lack of a better term) and hissy. The Emm Labs has allowed me to finally hear the recording. A lot more listening to do but I'm a believer so far.

You snag that one on usam? Gz (and im jealous). I message him when I finaly sold enoygh to snag it and he told me I was like 6 hours late

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #112 of 125
Mine wasn't from USAM. I scored it from a store in the Pacific Northwest, it was a trade-in/consignment. I was in the same boat, I needed to move my MSB Analog DAC to buy it. Don't get me wrong the MSB was great (great DAC and company). However, I do not regret the move so far but I have much more listening to do.

Mar 11, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #113 of 125
why do you guys think emmlabs is little less popular than playback?

Just curious why that is, serious q.

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #115 of 125
Emm labs is more popular than PBD in loudspeaker world especially paired with the Aurrender N20/ N30

For headphone use, it is limited by the small stage and dimensions.
So, which specific dac have you owned that you believe has a large soundstage and great dimensionality for headphone use?

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #116 of 125
So, which specific dac have you owned that you believe has a large soundstage and great dimensionality for headphone use?
Amid accusations of me forcing others to buy anything, I decided to not disclose any info of my system nor offer consultations for free.

Plus even Emm Labs dealer agrees with me of the caveats hearing DV2 in my electrostatic.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #117 of 125
why do you guys think emmlabs is little less popular than playback?

Just curious why that is, serious q.
I think they are more or less equivalent. It is possible that PBD has a better dealer network/promotor than emm labs. I also think modern (ie, ear candy) sound profile of many speakers probably do pair better with the slightly warmer PBD sound profile. what do you think?

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #118 of 125
Amid accusations of me forcing others to buy anything, I decided to not disclose any info of my system for free.
Got it. So you are a dealer or industry insider looking to do business on Headfi and to peddle your brands.

what’s the dealer? there is only 1 dealer east of Mississippi and I know them well. That dealer would never demo an emm labs gear with Aurender streamer because emm labs‘s own NS1 is better.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #120 of 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Back