EML 5U4G Mesh Plate VS. NOS Tubes VS. Sophia Princess 274B Mesh Plate WA22
Nov 22, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #16 of 184
By the way, sorry to hear about your faceplant! I went down a mountain today too (but on a bike). Fortunately no stacks, although I'll be picking the mud out if my Shure E500s for a while
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #17 of 184
Many thanks to Jack and his father created nice amp like WA22 have so many tube options that will make everybody happy. If you can't find a tube combo to your liking with WA22. You may just quit Head-Fi.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #18 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by h.rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EML 5U4G is a very beautiful tube. And it sounds good too. Personally, I don't find much differences rolling rectifier tubes. I bought the EML for the rugged construction and the beautiful mesh plate
biggrin.gif

In my case rolling rectifier tubes make pertty large difference. Easy to tell, most the time.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #19 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was watching trees so close and bashed my face into it when snowboarding. Hurt a looooot.
biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear about that accident. I am glad nothing serious has happened.

BTW, thank you for the detailed review and sharing your experience
smile.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #20 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by artears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear about that accident. I am glad nothing serious has happened.

BTW, thank you for the detailed review and sharing your experience
smile.gif

Hey, I was in pain and tired. Only thing saved me from the hit was the helment. I typed up this review last night with a lot help from Redbull mix with Vodka
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #21 of 184
Quote:

In my case rolling rectifier tubes make pertty large difference. Easy to tell, most the time.

I mean tube rolling is a must. If I only can chose Sylvania 6SN7WGTA, Russian 6AS7, and few choice of rectifier. WA22 is total wast of money. Yes, there are that much difference.

I already emailed my adapter maker, next shot 12AU7!! since I have Mullard and Brimar CV4003 in stock, what the hell right?

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #22 of 184
thanks for the review.

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #23 of 184
It sucks, I have a EML 5U4G rectifier just died on me. Replaced it with my old generic tube, what a difference. Will have to find another one, it was used when I bought it, don't think it lasted more than 50 hours total. Argh...

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #24 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by htsource /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sucks, I have a EML 5U4G rectifier just died on me. Replaced it with my old generic tube, what a difference. Will have to find another one, it was used when I bought it, don't think it lasted more than 50 hours total. Argh...

That does suck, especially since EML don't transfer warranties to new owners
frown.gif
I wonder how many hours the previous user put on it?

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #25 of 184
Not too sure, but the tube was tested good when I bought it. I'm new to tubes so not too sure all the details. The bottom of the tube does have some kinda white coating all over, I guess a sign of bad tube?

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #26 of 184
Quote:

<snipzilla>
Many thanks to Jack and his father created nice amp like WA22 have so many tube options that will make everybody happy. If you can't find a tube combo to your liking with WA22. You may just quit Head-Fi.

QUIT? QUIT! I would never quit Head-Fi even if I am stumbling to find the sweet tube combo. Always learning thanks to great impressions shared by individuals like you. Thanks Seamaster.
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #27 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the review.

No problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htsource /img/forum/go_quote.gif

6moons.com had EML factory tour. Every thing is hand made with quality. You are very unlucky I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton SF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QUIT? QUIT! I would never quit Head-Fi even if I am stumbling to find the sweet tube combo. Always learning thanks to great impressions shared by individuals like you. Thanks Seamaster.
biggrin.gif

I stumbled through to find what best for WA22, so others can save money and enjoy more. This hobby drians wallet quick!

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #29 of 184
Quote:

My 12au7 adapters was shipped out today. Let's find out what's up with this deal.

Yes. I just ordered the 6cg7/6fq7 adapters from Glenn. Anxiously awaiting those. And, of course, I'll be waiting for your impressions on your next tube roll with the 12au7 adapters.

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #30 of 184
I always have some Mullard and Brimar CV4003 around. I bet a lots of people want to find out about this.

Glenn is good guy sell good stuffs for good price. All my adapters are made by him.

Remember the time Singlepower charged twice the price as glenn for same kind of adapters? People still order them left and right like no tommorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back