EM32, EarSonics new flagship ?
Jun 18, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #167 of 188
vm66, do you think EM32 bass hits harder than Velvets both in subbass and midbass?

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #168 of 188
That's what I mean too vm66 (bloubi ? ^^) and I think the new acrylic material come from the 3D printing/pro-shell isn't ? 

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #169 of 188
Yes they do record your ear print in 3D and use a new acrylic and the result is really amazing : comfort and isolation wise.

The EM32 subbass are cleary more present (doesnt mean its better), for the bass Im unsure, Id need to purchase again the Velvet 
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #170 of 188
Did EarSonics run out of 360D (T2) cables?

They've removed the option on their CIEMs and also the spare cable as accessory..

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #172 of 188
Does anybody know if the 360D connectors are just standard MMCX connectors that will work with MMCX cables, or if the 360D means its some type of proprietary connection?

Minne have the 360 sockets but I'm not sure if it's mmcx, but by the look of it it does look very similar, will post some pics of it later

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #174 of 188
I'm truly in need of advice regarding the EM32. For the last month I've been twisting and turning whether the EM32 can offer what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is a mixed bag for different purposes. The purposes being:

1. For motion picture stuff and video games, I think I need something that gives a good sense of space in a 360 degree circle, with a relatively large radius (relative to what can be reasonably expected from an IEM), and imaging that is capable of rendering a good definition of where an object is (at which degree an object is in the circle, and whether it's really close or more distant) but is still capable of producing lows that can do justice to impacts and explosions (I don't consider myself a basshead, but in terms of bass I'd just want the lows to at least go a tad deeper and at least be slightly more present than my current Fischer Audio FA-003Ti -- which is considered a neutral headphone).
  2. For music -- that's a bit more difficult to explain. I wish I could be the type of person that is capable of forming a bias to one specific genre of music. It would make my choice much simpeler. Instead I don't really fixate on genres, but rather if the song has that unexplainable and inexplicable thing that just makes that particular song capable of standing on its own and stand out. Song first, genre second. So to condense it: for music I'm definitely not asking for every genre to be rendered perfectly, but just be on a good level. The IEM has to be able to make good friends with anyone, in spite of being designed to be best friends with a few. It shouldn't have enemies, is what I'm trying to say.

Now I thought I had it figured out -- that the above criteria could be met with the EM32 -- but now I'm doubting again. What got me doubting is that the more I dig, the more I see the line "EM32 is made for live concerts". Despite such a statement might seem obvious to some, I have no idea of what that precisely means. Does it mean that the EM32 s*cks for anything that isn't an actual live concert recording? Or does it mean that it'll work really well for any genre that's supposed to simulate a lot of space (as in with movies, video games, classical recordings, and other forms of music that require a sense of space?
Also a conflicting thing I've picked up, is while it's frequently stated that EM32 is made for live concerts, I've also read that it matches EDM really well -- with both being polar opposites, as the former is a live recording, and the latter isn't. Are any of the EM32 owners able to clear this conflicting information up?

Thank you humbly much.

Edit: some addendums.

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #175 of 188
The EM32 are bot bad as allrounder but they can not handle all recordings properly, depends how the mastering was recorded.

At that price level you can find many alternatives hence your criteria are not enough accurate. All TOTL offer a good imaging in a relativ vast soundstage. Some sound thin, others more or less thick. Some sound engaging (the EM32 are) others more calm. You have to determine that before deciding going with the EM32 (or any other CIEM).

The Em32 are made for stage use because they can sound very loud staying laid back, their trebles and sub bass are enhanced (and sensitive to the mastering quality, trebles can sound sharp and the bass bloated), and the presentation, to me, is near from monitors speakers.

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #176 of 188
Well the first thing I'll say is that Holy Moly! They finished them in 3 business days!
EarSonics got my ear impressions last Friday. Tuesday I got a shipping confirmation. That's the craziest fastest time I've ever seen for a CIEM. Because I'm an idiot, I also went all nuts and ordered a EM6 at the same time. How EarSonics managed to finish 2 CIEMs in 3 days... no clue.

They're super well made. They're smooth and the fit is perfect. I'd rank them just above 64 Audio but just below Rhines in terms of just the shell manufacturing.

Initial sound impressions are positive. These sound fairly close to the Focal Spirit Classic and Focal Spirit Pro range of headphones. Not identical. But a similar feel of really rich tonality with deep enveloping bass, clear mids and crisp highs without a hint of digitalitis so often present with balanced armatures. These have a really smooth sound.

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #178 of 188
Well the first thing I'll say is that Holy Moly! They finished them in 3 business days!
EarSonics got my ear impressions last Friday. Tuesday I got a shipping confirmation. That's the craziest fastest time I've ever seen for a CIEM. Because I'm an idiot, I also went all nuts and ordered a EM6 at the same time. How EarSonics managed to finish 2 CIEMs in 3 days... no clue.

They're super well made. They're smooth and the fit is perfect. I'd rank them just above 64 Audio but just below Rhines in terms of just the shell manufacturing.

Initial sound impressions are positive. These sound fairly close to the Focal Spirit Classic and Focal Spirit Pro range of headphones. Not identical. But a similar feel of really rich tonality with deep enveloping bass, clear mids and crisp highs without a hint of digitalitis so often present with balanced armatures. These have a really smooth sound.

Hello, how do EM32 and EM6 compare, specially highs, resolution and detail? Thanks in advance.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #180 of 188

Hello, how do EM32 and EM6 compare, specially highs, resolution and detail? Thanks in advance.

EM32 sounds more neutral, with greater resolution and soundstage a bit more detailed. EM6 is thicker and warmer, slightly more dynamic. Both have killer bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back