EM32, EarSonics new flagship ?
Jun 1, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #136 of 188
  The T2 connector is now standard for their ciem. The socket is angled, you can see a pic here

Are you sure its the T2 ?
From the pics on their site its more like a standard Coaxial MMCX connector with the little pin inside the cable jack whereas the T2 have the pin on the earphones itself

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #137 of 188
Hum it's fairly hard to know with the pics... EarSonics did not precise it when they answered to my mail. 

@nickie : did you receive yours ? 

Jun 2, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #138 of 188
Hi all,

Ive got thh Earsonics se-m6 and using only with them my plenue p1 cowon, and wonder if moving to the sm32 would provide something better.

Im a fan of V curve sound and never found good IEM (Ive tested a lot : shure 535, 846, Westone W60, AKG K3003...) and sold them back few days after using it as its not my taste : usually its too flat.

Are the SM32 more colored than the SE-m6 or roughly the same with a bit of better bass extension?

Cheers

Vincent

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #139 of 188
Hi there, I'm gonna speak out of turn since I don't own the EM32 or S-EM6. But I've read a lot about both (and heard from Rolkk2 who will probably give first hand experience), to know that it makes sense what you're saying. From what I've read and asked on the S-EM6 thread, it is extremely midforward with pushed back, attenuated highs. Which is basicly the opposite of what you want for V-shaped music.

I own the Velvet, which is very different from the other EarSonics since it's far more V-shaped, with energetic and full highs which sound very good for EDM, hip hop etc. Focus is more on highs compared to mids. We have had a lot of dissappointed SE846 owners on the Velvet thread, that found what they were looking for in the Velvet.

Anyways, the Velvet is based on the EM32 sharing a lot of the same technology like the drivers I believe. From what Rolkk2 has said, the EM32 sounds similar but better (also since its a ciem). So in conclusion, the EM32 will definitely sound better for your specific taste, as will the Velvet.

Hope this helps. 

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #140 of 188
Agree with flinkenick, my velvets in warm mode are quite v-shaped and em32s should be similar from what I read.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #141 of 188
Agree too in these terms. But the EM32 exists only in custom version.

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #143 of 188
Jun 3, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #144 of 188
Hey Rolkk2 you own(ed) the Harmony 8 Pro right, do you like it overall? And how would it compare to the EM32? I was interested but am afraid 1) its too bright 2) the treble peaks are too harsh 3) bass is lacking

Especially this review was pretty crushing:
http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/float-like-a-butterfly-sting-like-a-bee/

I owned the H8pro and the Em32 and I can say the H8pro is almost the opposite of the Em32. It's more analytical, more detailed and very textured given the right source, on the other hand the Em32 is all about being big, thick and powerful. The H8pro makes classical shines the best while Em32 makes electronic, dance and hip hop sounds like no other.
If I have to choose again I'd probably go with the H8 non pro version since the high on the pro can render bad recordings unlistenable or just plain boring.

To answers your question.
1. Its not bright, in fact it's a bit warm and a tad thin.
2. It can be yes since it's a very revealing ciems, bad track can be very difficult to listen to, bad source will make it sound quite boring.
3. Bass is a lot less than the Em32 but I don't find it lacking, in goes very deep but there is not much mid bass. The quality of the bass especially the texture is still among the best I've heard.

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #145 of 188
Thanks man that helps. Yeah the thinness was actually my other concern. I hated the IE800, wide airy sound but the notes were so thin they lacked impact, making it only suitable for classical or Norah Jones like music. Thats why I loved the Velvet so much after, having similar qualities as the EM32. How does the H8P do on instrument based music like rock etc.? Or would you say it mainly does well and classical but sounds too thin for other genres?

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #146 of 188
Thanks man that helps. Yeah the thinness was actually my other concern. I hated the IE800, wide airy sound but the notes were so thin they lacked impact, making it only suitable for classical or Norah Jones like music. Thats why I loved the Velvet so much after, having similar qualities as the EM32. How does the H8P do on instrument based music like rock etc.? Or would you say it mainly does well and classical but sounds too thin for other genres?

Its definately thin for almost all electronic dance track to my ears.
However it does very well with hard rocks and generally all tracks with dums, base and lots going on, you will hear it all, even the bad stuffs.

It does very well with vocals like Sia and Regina Spektor but does not wow me at any point. However most asian tracks from Japan and Korea really shine on the H8pro

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #148 of 188
I completely agree with nickie. I just want add, or insist on the fact that the EM32 convey more power than the H8pro, especially on electric guitars  or bass guitars for example. 

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #149 of 188
So what is the final conclusion? Are EM32s worthy upgrades over Velvets? I'm really contemplating getting into customs and I do enjoy the Velvets in warm mode. EM32s might be the right answer.

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #150 of 188
Yeah I'm considering it at well, I already know what Rolkk2's answer will be :wink: But I'm still doubting whether its a big enough audible upgrade, since they share most of the technology. 

Hey Rolkk2 how long have you listened to the Velvet? Have you only auditioned it briefly or for a long time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back