EM32, EarSonics new flagship ?
May 12, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #122 of 188
  Since when JH16 is considerate as a TOTL ciem? It was failure and never had much love except from JH fanboys.

How does that influence its spot as a TOTL ciem? It doesn't matter what peoplel think of a product, if it exists as a TOTL from a manufacturer, it is a TOTL product. 

May 13, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #123 of 188
yeah I know ^^ to me the JH16 sound metallic and dry compared to the richer, warmer and more coherent EM32. Technically both share qualities which are on the ToTL but notes are more thick and somehow with less clarity but with more emotion and power.
Comparatively to the EM6 the EM32 are more competitive to the other ToTL CIEMs because of some characteristics as details level or soundstage which are higher, but you know, it's not only a matter of qualities vs qualities with EarSonics, it's about a feeling in your heart and soul :wink: 

May 13, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #125 of 188
I already have answered to that question in PM, so I transfer it here : 

It's really hard to answer to that question... I'm hesitating right now which CIEM I want to take to go outside... both perform at the same level in terms of emotion.

If you're a concert/live addict you should take the EM32 because the bass feeling is the more like what you feel in EDM/drum&bass/dubstep/... concert. The bass of the Encore is very good too but it's more like an instrument than like a feeling. EM32 bass is unique.

If you're a record guy, you mosly know how it sounds on the CD but not in reality, you should take the Encore because they convey a lot of emotion thanks to full body of the image.

The Encore performs perhaps better with a weak source, but frankly I'm using a Sony A867 for both an I really enjoy my EM32 as my Encore.

If you like the soundstage of the H8pro you should like this of the Encore. If you are looking for an ambiant soundstage, with the feeling it's open but on the stage, take the EM32.

Oh, and if you want a tank as a CIEM, something you can transport and plug where you want, take the EM32 because they're easier. Hiss are inexistant with those. 

May 13, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #127 of 188
They're complementary yes, that's why I'm pretty happy to own botch :)

Don't sure Velvets and EM32 share the same drivers and architecture. The main differences are, quickly and from memory : 

- soundstage is more open with the EM32 and focus is perhaps less obvious but more realistic
- imaging is more precise, a  bit more analytic on EM32
- body has more resolution on EM32
- Velvets are more dynamic but not as powerful as the EM32
- mids are more transparent on EM32
- detail level is higher on the EM32 but as the other ES' products it's not mind blowing

May 13, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #129 of 188
Do em32s have more bass then velvets(set to warmest mode). I think a need few dbs more bass from my velvets :)

May 14, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #130 of 188
it gets lower but not sure it gets louder

May 16, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #132 of 188
It depends if they're very busy of not. If you contact them to plan your order one or two weeks before they receive your earprints it can be very quick. Otherwise they usually take 7-10 days.

May 18, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #133 of 188
  It depends if they're very busy of not. If you contact them to plan your order one or two weeks before they receive your earprints it can be very quick. Otherwise they usually take 7-10 days.

Sounds very good. 
BTW i saw they have a new 360 type of cable for their product line, do you have any intel on that ?

May 18, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #134 of 188
The T2 connector is now standard for their ciem. The socket is angled, you can see a pic here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back