Elysian Pilgrim
May 21, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #271 of 590
I’ve got the Pilgrim OG hooked up to the SP3000 and listening is in progress. So far I’m impressed with what I’m hearing.

I’ve got some more listening to do and I also want to compare with the Pilgrim Noir. I’ll post up my thoughts after that.

May 21, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #273 of 590
Well it's been a few days more of a good amount of time spent with the Pilgrim - Penon Orange Liquer tips and iFi Go Blu or RU7 as sources. They have been on every long dog walk in the last few days, occasionally listening to the Volur at home as well as the Pilgrim.

I enjoy these IEM's. The bass is solid and the right amount of presence, although sometimes with a tiny bass boost. I listen to a lot of beat driven music so this has to work out for me and it does. The treble is also solid. I'm enjoying that bit of sparkle. The mids are not the highlight but also not a weakness. The test is, will a set of IEM's get me busting out little dance moves when walking the dog listening to my favorite tunes? And these pass the test. Still not quite perfect so still searching for the best IEM to pair with my Volur.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #274 of 590
May 21, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #275 of 590
@warrenpchi That is correct, no changes were made to the Pilgrim's tuning since CanJam NYC. However at that point in time, the stock cable has not been confirmed. The prototype Pilgrim was hooked to random Effect Audio Signature Series cable.

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
May 21, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #276 of 590
@warrenpchi That is correct, no changes were made to the Pilgrim's tuning since CanJam NYC. However at that point in time, the stock cable has not been confirmed. The prototype Pilgrim was hooked to random Effect Audio Signature Series cable.

- Jordon
Can you comment on the tuning changes inbetween Noire and og Pilgrim?

May 21, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #277 of 590

- Jordon
Seems to be a great testimony to the cables then heheh

Always hesitant to take CanJam demos as gospel anyway.

May 21, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #278 of 590

Okay, that's what I seem to remember, that there were no changes made to the standard version. The Noir, yes. Standard, no. Thanks for confirming! :thumbsup:

May 21, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #279 of 590
The cable swap explains the different impressions, but it doesn’t explain the differences in measurements shown in MRS’s video.

The measurement of the production unit does look more down-tilted.

I’m not implying there was a stealth re-tune or anything like that. If Jordon says there were no changes to the tuning I believe him. It could have been measurement technique, different couplers, etc. Just wanted to point it out.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #280 of 590
I’m not implying there was a stealth re-tune or anything like that. If Jordon says there were no changes to the tuning I believe him.

Right, especially since they did a very public re-tuning in the form of an alternate edition (Noir).

May 21, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #281 of 590
The Noir has landed!
1000028570.jpg

May 21, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #282 of 590
I've got to say, I'm really enjoying these little Piglims! I've got about 50 hours on them and they sound beautiful. They do like power. It's the only IEM I'm running on High Gain both desktop and portable to give them extra juice to extract all the goodness from them. They will play nice on low gain but the extra power does benefit them. I do believe that as more of these units make their way into people's homes the praise is going to start rolling in. They are very well vented so the initial impressions coming off the floor at CANJAM for both these and the Noirs can be considered indicators but with all that noise, they can't be entirely valid. As the hours have mounted, to my ear they have become more refined. So too has the depth and width of the soundstage ever so slightly increased but more than that, the textures in the sub and mid bass have gotten more tactility. The graph shown above would indicate a rolled off treble response but I'm finding the treble in perfect balance with the supplied SpinFit 100s. Tips make a big difference on pretty much every IEM and I usually go foor a wide bore open tip like Azla Sedna Earfit or Crystal, Tenmak Whirlwind, of Divinus Velvet - but on the Pilgrim, I've gone the opposite. Wide bore tips make the treble too hot for me but the Spinfits or Final E seem perfect. Shortly, the Noir will be in the house and I'll be able to contrast them..... For now, I'm finding the Pilgrim OG to be a beautiful addition to the collection.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #283 of 590
The Pilgrim landed!
1000000849.jpg
1000000848.jpg
1000000847.jpg
1000000846.jpg
1000000845.jpg
1000000844.jpg

First few min into the listening, I would say that I agree with many previous impressions/reviews that Pilgrim is absolute NOT a baby Anni 23. However, it indeed carries the most important attribute of Anni 23, which is the treble and the mids. What is missing is the powerful bass (mostly in term of the quantity). I am not sure if Noir fixed it, but I am highly doubtful since Mr. Lee don't want Noir to cannibalize his high-end IEMs. However, if you want to have a taste of Elysiam's house sound signature, you definitely get it.

Too early to give any verdict, but I am already feeling that one of the void in my collection being filled, that is the treble singing bird.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #284 of 590
And voila, just like that - Noirs are in the house! I'm going to let them settle in by letting them run overnight - before I try to make any comparative notes but off the bat they too look stunning and the EA Eros S cable makes a difference 1) its a 4.4 Balanced Connection vs the 3.5 that came with the OG and 2) its clearly a higher end.
More to Follow.

IMG20240521155427.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back