Elysian Pilgrim
May 22, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #301 of 590
I've just recently bought Anni 23 and today I finally had a chance to AB test with Noir in a quiet environment (CJ SG was pretty crowded).
Noir is a pretty fun iem, easy to label as all rounder :)
Now continue to the listening time.

Attachments

• 20240522_191343.jpg
    20240522_191343.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
May 23, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #302 of 590
Can you comment on the tuning changes inbetween Noire and og Pilgrim?
Absolutely! 😃 For the collab PILGRIM:NOIR, we wanted to make the mid range thicker and a smoother top end while ensuring we kept the Elysian House Sound intact. 3 Words are on our objective board for the Noir project - 1) Smoother 2) Sophistication 3) Seductive

The interplay between Light and Dark was interesting for Elysian and Effect Audio to explore. Delicate versus Strength. Polished Technicalities versus Soulful Intimacy. Both the PILGRIM and PILGRIM:NOIR has something unique to offer at their respective price points 🙌🏽

- Jordon

Last edited:
Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
May 23, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #305 of 590
Two days ago I received the Pilgrim (retail) + Noir (sample) myself.
20240521_151737.jpg

20240521_154931.jpg

And as I also just finished reading the first 20 pages over here...
checking in....gif

...I thought it might be time to check in at this hotel thread now :smile:

Although they haven't had that much listening time (only a couple of hours) yet...
20240523_133108.jpg

I certainly already did like what I heard (soundquality wise with both of them) so far! :)

May 23, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #306 of 590
May 23, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #308 of 590
Two days ago I received the Pilgrim (retail) + Noir (sample) myself.
20240521_151737.jpg
20240521_154931.jpg

And as I also just finished reading the first 20 pages over here...
checking in....gif
...I thought it might be time to check in at this hotel thread now :smile:

Although they haven't had that much listening time (only a couple of hours) yet...
20240523_133108.jpg

I certainly already did like what I heard (soundquality wise with both of them) so far! :)
Any early impressions on the differences?

May 23, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #309 of 590
Here it goes,

Finally got into the train of Noir samples. The photo below is an intentional message. No cables pictured, so we can go pass the "extra cable".

Noir is much more than just an extra Eros S cable, although I love the looks and few of the new Eros S Noir... It's a full upgrade in all aspects:

- Internal wiring upgrade with "exotic" palladium, Copper, And Silver. (you gotta love the wordings :p)
- 4-Crossover - instead of 3-way
- Also noticed the nozzle filter mesh difference between them. (apparently no-one noticed that yet and I may be daydreaming)
- + more.

And that is clearly heard when putting them side by side. I did try both with Both Eros S Noir and Anniversary Edition I have here to ensure the first impressions were consistent.

In simple words (for now) and what came right away into mind when trying both, Noir sounds more refined, balanced and textured.

IMG_1124.jpeg

May 23, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #310 of 590
I heard TermX degrades sound quality? I might consider swapping the stock cable.
I seriously wouldn't know. I don't think I have an EA cable both hardwired and in TermX over here. So there's no way I can A-B test that myself. But maybe somebody else over here who has done such a test, or else maybe @JordonEA could tell something about that :thinking:

All I know is that this Eros S Noir (I like the matte black finish btw) seems to work / sound perfectly fine to my ears.

Any early impressions on the differences?
Pilgrim OG: maybe a little more exciting at first listening, because of the extended treble and I think a little more air (compared to Noir) overall.
Pilgrim Noir: less treble and therefor a more smooth / sophisticated signature. Pretty good note definition, resolution, instrument separation and timbre.
Both delivered fantastic (sub)lows and quite a wide soundstage to my ears. Btw, all listening was done out of a LPGT (high gain) using the stock cables.

But hey, these are still very early impressions and most of the listening was done in the late hours (because of family life during the day) and at night over here :)

I did try both with Both Eros S Noir and Anniversary Edition I have here to ensure the first impressions were consistent.
Aaah nice! So, you've already did some A-B test between them both. I already noticed that the Eros S 1AE seems to be a bit thicker, but maybe that's also because the Eros S Noir still has a tighter braid, because it's new. I have to check that again to be sure about that though :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #311 of 590
Putting on a Oxygen filter might do very much the same for $0.20 just saying
graph(2).png

May 23, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #312 of 590
Putting on a Oxygen filter might do very much the same for $0.20 just sayinggraph(2).png
Oh, nice mod. That 5k looks much smoother. Can you share how to do this?

May 23, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #313 of 590
- Also noticed the nozzle filter mesh difference between them. (apparently no-one noticed that yet and I may be daydreaming)
Pics of this anyone?

May 23, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #315 of 590
Oh, nice mod. That 5k looks much smoother. Can you share how to do this?
This is just putting a Tanchjim Oxygen filter on the nozzles easy peasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back