Elysian Annihilator 2023
Sep 30, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #196 of 874
Hello Anni fans. I'm blown away by this thing and I'm now noticing that the source chain matters a whole lot. I'm focusing on amp/dac for now. I'm looking for something on the portable side. SO...my questions:

• What do you guys think of the ifi Gryphon for it?
  • What about the ifi iDSD Signature?
  • Thoughts on usb dongle dacs? There seems to be consistently good buzz on the Questyle M15?
I'm trying to not go nuts with spending on gear. I'm sure there are some amazing $2000 portable options but I'd rather not go there... yet.

Thanks!
Rich

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #197 of 874
Hello Anni fans. I'm blown away by this thing and I'm now noticing that the source chain matters a whole lot. I'm focusing on amp/dac for now. I'm looking for something on the portable side. SO...my questions:

• What do you guys think of the ifi Gryphon for it?
  • What about the ifi iDSD Signature?
  • Thoughts on usb dongle dacs? There seems to be consistently good buzz on the Questyle M15?
I'm trying to not go nuts with spending on gear. I'm sure there are some amazing $2000 portable options but I'd rather not go there... yet.

Thanks!
Rich
I tested the Anni with my Gryphon and they blew my mind, so I ordered them.

Unfortunately I will pickup them in mid October, so my impressions are only based on two sessions of about 15 mins each, but I am pretty sure that the the combination Anni-Gryphon is really amazing and you too won't be disappointed at all!

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #198 of 874
I would be interested in purchasing Anni2023. I wanted to know from those of you who own it , merits and limitations......and if anyone has compared it with Viking Ragnar.
Thanks

Oct 1, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #199 of 874
@fabio19 they're different IEMs: Anni are more fun and has better highs, Ragnar are a little bit more detailed and have better separation. Anni are more natural, Ragnar are more "metallic".
I found Ragnar more fatiguing, it's like they always demanding attention to be listened.

I went to CanJam to buy a new pair of IEMs, Ragnar were available at the show (last pair) Anni had to be pre-ordered.
I chose Anni, as you know ☺️

You're welcome to my place to try them, when I'll have in my hands (and ears) 😉

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #200 of 874
I've owned/tried: u12t, Vision Ears EXT, VE Elysium, MEST MK2, Singularity...

There is just nothing like it. It is the king of treble detail and vocals are other-worldly. I have zero reason to hype anything over anything else. But the EXT (which is just spectacular in my opinion) just couldn't keep up in a side-by-side. I'm not sure what's going on in there but it's the best I've ever heard. Note: I have not head some other TOTL like Odin, Raven, Ragnar etc.

I will add this: it needs more than a dongle dac/amp to shine. It really soars when you give it proper hardware. A higher-end DAP or proper desktop or transportable really make a difference.

Oct 1, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #201 of 874
@fabio19 they're different IEMs: Anni are more fun and has better highs, Raven are a little bit more detailed and have better separation. Anni are more natural, Raven are more "metallic".
I found Raven more fatiguing, it's like they always demanding attention to be listened.

I went to CanJam to buy a new pair of IEMs, Raven were available at the show (last pair) Anni had to be pre-ordered.
I chose Anni, as you know ☺️

You're welcome to my place to try them, when I'll have in my hands (and ears) 😉
Raven or Ragnar ?

Oct 1, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #203 of 874
I would be interested in purchasing Anni2023. I wanted to know from those of you who own it , merits and limitations......and if anyone has compared it with Viking Ragnar.
Thanks
I have also tried both at CanJam and yes, the Ragnar has great detail and treble. It can sound a bit harsh and unnatural/thin in the treble though. The thing that makes the Anni magical is that it somehow has more detail and treble quality than any other IEM, while making it sound warm and pleasant. Not in a sound signature way, but in a "lots of treble still being comfy to listen to" way. It is such a cohesive package where every part just fits together. My memories of the Ragnar are about its treble and nothing else. With Anni, what stuck with me is how well the whole frequency range just got together.

Oct 1, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #204 of 874
Yes they're magical and annihilate every other TOTL IEMS I've heard.

Oct 1, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #205 of 874
Yes they're magical and annihilate every other TOTL IEMS I've heard.
I see what you did there…lol.
Thanks
I have not heard the Ragnar but i can tell you the Anni is definitely special beyond what i heard/read before having them. Top tier techs with very good tonality along with an engagement factor that exceeds everything else i’ve heard. The note weight plus the control of the whole fr adds up to the most pleasing experience i’ve had with music period. I’ve had them since April of this year, listen to them daily and they still blow my mind with each listen.

Oct 1, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #206 of 874
I was actually pretty disappointed. It sounded quite bassy and the quality of bass is not good. Treble wasn't as pronounced as I expected either. I liked Diva more. Driven off iBasso DX320MAX Ti.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #207 of 874
I was actually pretty disappointed. It sounded quite bassy and the quality of bass is not good. Treble wasn't as pronounced as I expected either. I liked Diva more.
As an Anni owner, I like it, but I don’t love it.

I have the same qualms about the bass. I think the quality could be much better and it’s about 1-3dB too elevated.

The treble, while very capable, could use more weight IMO. Despite all the praise it gets, I still prefer the Helios OG treble, and even the Monarch MK2 treble.

My favorite Anni qualities are the midrange and dynamics.

I do like it more than Diva though. I was initially enamored with Diva when I owned it, but I didn’t like its bass quality either, and it felt overly-smoothed in the treble with some roll-off. It’s well-tuned though, and has very good mids if a somewhat intimate soundstage.

Oct 1, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #208 of 874
I’m a happy Helios owner but its treble is nowhere near as refined as Anni.

Preferences at play for you perhaps, but we’re comparing quite a tier gap imho.
As an Anni owner, I like it, but I don’t love it.

I have the same qualms about the bass. I think the quality could be much better and it’s about 1-3dB too elevated.

The treble, while very capable, could use more weight IMO. Despite all the praise it gets, I still prefer the Helios OG treble, and even the Monarch MK2 treble.

My favorite Anni qualities are the midrange and dynamics.

I do like it more than Diva though. I was initially enamored with Diva when I owned it, but I didn’t like its bass quality either, and it felt overly-smoothed in the treble with some roll-off. It’s well-tuned though, and has very good mids if a somewhat intimate soundstage.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 1, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #210 of 874
I have also tried both at CanJam and yes, the Ragnar has great detail and treble. It can sound a bit harsh and unnatural/thin in the treble though. The thing that makes the Anni magical is that it somehow has more detail and treble quality than any other IEM, while making it sound warm and pleasant. Not in a sound signature way, but in a "lots of treble still being comfy to listen to" way. It is such a cohesive package where every part just fits together. My memories of the Ragnar are about its treble and nothing else. With Anni, what stuck with me is how well the whole frequency range just got together.
Thank you :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back