Elysian Annihilator 2023
Oct 1, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #211 of 874
@fabio19 they're different IEMs: Anni are more fun and has better highs, Ragnar are a little bit more detailed and have better separation. Anni are more natural, Ragnar are more "metallic".
I found Ragnar more fatiguing, it's like they always demanding attention to be listened.

I went to CanJam to buy a new pair of IEMs, Ragnar were available at the show (last pair) Anni had to be pre-ordered.
I chose Anni, as you know ☺️

You're welcome to my place to try them, when I'll have in my hands (and ears) 😉
Where are you from ?

Oct 1, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #212 of 874
I’m a happy Helios owner but its treble is nowhere near as refined as Anni.

Preferences at play for you perhaps, but we’re comparing quite a tier gap imho.
I’ve had both for quite some time as well, only recently selling the Helios.

Agreed that Anni has a significantly more capable treble. It’s faster, more detailed, etc. It’s objectively better. I never intended to insinuate that Helios’ treble was *better*, only that I prefer it (subjectively) and to make the point that Anni’s treble isn’t unimpeachable.

Oct 2, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #215 of 874
I’m considering the Annihilator 23 or FF Grand Maestro. Haven’t seen any direct comparison of these two. Anyone want to chime in? Which had more mid bass? Seems like Annihilator is the vocal king. I can’t demo these before purchase sadly.

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #216 of 874
I’m considering the Annihilator 23 or FF Grand Maestro. Haven’t seen any direct comparison of these two. Anyone want to chime in? Which had more mid bass? Seems like Annihilator is the vocal king. I can’t demo these before purchase sadly.
Anni 23 vocal and treble is better than GM. GM has better bass than Anni 23. Midbass I'm not sure, can't rmb. But I prefer GM's entire bass profile over Anni 23.

I don't think GM's mids and treble are dealbreakers (they are very good despite not being it's best qualities). But I think Anni 23's bass is a dealbreaker for me. Dry and average.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #217 of 874
Who makes nice PentaconnEar cables? I know Brise does a nice job but they're so expensive. Anyone else?

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #218 of 874
Who makes nice PentaconnEar cables? I know Brise does a nice job but they're so expensive. Anyone else?
You could look at the Effect Audio line up, with the full Con-X set of interchangeable connectors.

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #220 of 874
Right, however I have found that PWAudio has the best quality pins and connectors. The pins from Effect Audio and Eletech are very hard to plug in and the connectors are quite scratchy.
I totally agree, except that Peter typically doesn't stock his dealers with cables that have the Pentacon connector. Not certain, but I believe they have to be special ordered.

Oct 3, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #221 of 874
What's wrong with the Martini cable?

Oct 3, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #222 of 874
You could look at the Effect Audio line up, with the full Con-X set of interchangeable connectors.
Yeah, if I'm looking for a cable for an Elysian Acoustics IEM, it's definitely Effect Audio first because of their Conx system. I wouldn't want to be stuck with expensive PentaconnEar-only cables if I were to sell off my Elysian IEMs.

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #225 of 874
I just find it to be a bit bulky.
That's true. What I meant was, there's nothing wrong sonically with the stock LL Martini cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back