Elysian Acoustics DIVA 2023
Jul 30, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #47 of 277
I tried the Symphonium helios just now too haha, but i felt the highs were richer on the Diva, which made me gravitate towards the Diva, especially in the upper mid area
Grab the one you like, the Diva is a pretty interesting set, the vocals are really nice but with the sacrifice of it not sounding too natural, I noticed that it seems to shorten echos and reverbs to achieve that clear cut sound it has in the vocal range. It definitely is a fun set for studio recorded music. Maybe not as good for live music, but depending on your music preference that might not even be an issue.

The other good thing for Diva is that it seems to not be too thin sounding while achieving excellent clarity, which some other treble heavy IEMs might have trouble with. Perhaps that's the reason you felt that the Diva sounded better?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #49 of 277
@AoiMomo Yeah, i felt that the Diva had impressive clarity, which stood out to me among the best IEMs that i have tried. If only it had lesser bass..
Personally I felt the low bass switch (2023 version) actually brought the bass down quite a bit to the point where I felt like I missed it somewhat, though I do like a balanced bass vs thin, was it still too bassy for you even at the lowest bass switch?

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #51 of 277
Anyone tried the original and the 23 version side by side? I got the new one and it sounds quite distinctly different than what I remember the original sounded like.
I think the tuning on the 2023 per switches are bit different from the original, and the wiring inside were supposedly upgraded?

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #53 of 277
Personally I felt the low bass switch (2023 version) actually brought the bass down quite a bit to the point where I felt like I missed it somewhat, though I do like a balanced bass vs thin, was it still too bassy for you even at the lowest bass switch?
I feel the same way. The low-bass switch makes me miss the bass a little bit but there are use cases for it when I want the vocals, and only the vocals highlighted.

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #54 of 277
Anyone tried the original and the 23 version side by side? I got the new one and it sounds quite distinctly different than what I remember the original sounded like.
I’ve heard people prefer the older Diva as well. I’ve only heard/own the 2023 version. What intangibles do you think are missing on the newer iteration?

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #55 of 277
The most apparent one for me is in the bass. The original had better bass decay and slam, even in the mid setting, which I feel is somewhat lacking in the new one. The OG also had a peak in the upper treble which sounded more spacious in staging. The technical capabilities remain somewhat on par but the bass on the new one really hampers its sense of dynamics for me.

Jul 31, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #57 of 277
Owning 21 version before and now 23. I can say 21 bass is slightly better but 23 has better cymbal/trebul
Really? What’s the reason for the switch? I’m kind of sad I didn’t plonk down the money right then and there during my demo sessions. Zeppelin & co was still stocking them when I was in Singapore at the start of the year.

Jul 31, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #58 of 277
I feel the same way. The low-bass switch makes me miss the bass a little bit but there are use cases for it when I want the vocals, and only the vocals highlighted.

Yeah the bass is still a little too thumpy for my tastes, even at lowest bass setting. Personally, I'd like as low bass as possible, to bring out more clarity in the upper mids..

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #59 of 277
Has anyone found a place that sell cable alternatives? The Diva cable is def high quality but I'm finding it too thick and stiff for my liking and would like something softer around my ears. Can't seem to find anything googling it.

Jul 31, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #60 of 277
Has anyone found a place that sell cable alternatives? The Diva cable is def high quality but I'm finding it too thick and stiff for my liking and would like something softer around my ears. Can't seem to find anything googling it.
As the Diva uses Pentaconn connection, it's actually extremely elusive right now for aftermarket cable as far as I could tell. The only one I found was from the actual Pentaconn website itself, you can find the 2.5mm balanced cable and 3.5mm SE cable here, but honestly they look abuot as thick as the one that comes with the DIVA so if the issue is softness I dunno how much this will help you... The ones I am linking are their sterling silver cable, if you browse around there's also a silver plated OFC cable, the quality I have no idea because I've never tried before...

https://pentaconnglobal.com/products/NBB1-12-101-12/21 (2.5mm balanced, sterling silver cable)

https://pentaconnglobal.com/products/NBB1-13-101-12/31 (3.5mm SE, sterling silver cable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back