Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Aug 12, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #511 of 656
You can easily test them yourself at Starpickers? Just wait a bit till Lee send the demo set back to them.
For me i definitely prefer the Annihilator over the VX, but everyone has different preferences. The Annihilator has more body in the bass up to the lower mids compared to VX which makes vocals and timbre seem more natural.
That’s true. But issue is I’m from Penang rather than KL. That’s why it’s a bit hard for me to demo

Aug 12, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #512 of 656
Aug 17, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #514 of 656
Looking for the X if anyone is thinking about parting with one.

Aug 17, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #515 of 656
Aug 23, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #516 of 656
It's been posted for few days, i overlook this because of some work deadline.
More impression: it's warm, round-bass, have boosted vocal, and (acceptable) smooth presentation for my taste.
Technically not mind-blowing, but for the price segment, it's fun tuning, i like it more than Axiom.
Plus, they came with a great cable from Effect. Highly recommend to audition this.

Price: HKD 10380 (USD ~1,300)
299734251_5588924937833666_7812461314023371250_n.jpeg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/crystalsoundaudio/photos/a.446169148775963/5588924941166999/?type=3&theater

Aug 23, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #517 of 656
It's been posted for few days, i overlook this because of some work deadline.
More impression: it's warm, round-bass, have boosted vocal, and (acceptable) smooth presentation for my taste.
Technically not mind-blowing, but for the price segment, it's fun tuning, i like it more than Axiom.
Plus, they came with a great cable from Effect. Highly recommend to audition this.

Price: HKD 10380 (USD ~1,300)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/crystalsoundaudio/photos/a.446169148775963/5588924941166999/?type=3&theate
How's this one vs. Other Elysian IEMs?

Aug 23, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #518 of 656
How's this one vs. Other Elysian IEMs?
Having tried these myself for a very brief time, I'd say that compared to the Diva, the midrange is very much a slight bump above it, it feels a bit thicker and also lusher.

Low end wise, it's got a very natural decay and rumble with plenty of punch to it. Though if we dial the Diva's bass level up to max, I'd say in quantity alone the Diva still has the edge on what I call "Basshead mode". At normal though, both are quite similar, but Gaea has a bit more punch to it with texture to spare.

On the treble side, it goes very high up and is free of offensive piercing sibilance, just like the Annihilator. Sparkly and with plenty of air, it's another one of those IEMs that loves to have power fed to it. Like, a lot of power, and certainly benefit from good recordings.

Staging wise it's plenty wide and tall but it's certainly not Annihilator level, not to my ears at least. But it's nothing to scoff at either.

Separation is also very good and accurate with a nice 3D imaging that gives you a sort of psuedo out-of-head experience. I've heard some stuff that sounded more insane but this is definitely quite up there.

This thing shares a similar character to Annihilator and X -- It. Loves. Power.

So if you have a good source, I'd say take advantage of it.

P.S: My brief session with it was paired with the iFi Gryphon.

Aug 24, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #519 of 656
Having tried these myself for a very brief time, I'd say that compared to the Diva, the midrange is very much a slight bump above it, it feels a bit thicker and also lusher.

Low end wise, it's got a very natural decay and rumble with plenty of punch to it.
Lusher Diva + DD? I'm in. How's its technicalities vs Diva?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #520 of 656
Lusher Diva + DD? I'm in. How's its technicalities vs Diva?
Personally I cannot hear that much difference between the two. I'd say they can trade blows with one another easily. Wouldn't wanna get into too much technical mumbo jumbo but I'd say detail level wise they're both very close, and it's really a matter of preference of genre from that point.

I would say though that the Gaea scales better with variable of source since unlike Diva which sounds great out of any source you pair it with (other than your smartphone's onboard 3.5mm jack directly, of course), and as I mentioned before, this one has that power craving character like the X and Annihilator.

Aug 24, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #522 of 656
Annihilator.jpg

I think I found the perfect fit for my ears with the Annihilator.

The Spinfit CP-155 M size is an ideal fit for my canals and everything sound absolutely sublime. And on a lovely night like right now, listening to Bruno Mars' Versace on the Floor is an absolute treat with these gems.

Annihilator and Moon River.jpg

Pairing with the Moon River 2, while not the most superior combination in technicalities, but gosh darn it sure is fun and energetic.

And of course, try as I might to crank the volume up, the Annihilator really sings but it still gives off that subtle feeling of "Come on, is this all the power you can muster? Give me more, dang it!!"

This thing really craves for power, just like the X.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #523 of 656

Low end wise, it's got a very natural decay and rumble with plenty of punch to it. Though if we dial the Diva's bass level up to max, I'd say in quantity alone the Diva still has the edge on what I call "Basshead mode". At normal though, both are quite similar, but Gaea has a bit more punch to it with texture to spare.

On the treble side, it goes very high up and is free of offensive piercing sibilance, just like the Annihilator. Sparkly and with plenty of air, it's another one of those IEMs that loves to have power fed to it. Like, a lot of power, and certainly benefit from good recordings.

Staging wise it's plenty wide and tall but it's certainly not Annihilator level, not to my ears at least. But it's nothing to scoff at either.

Separation is also very good and accurate with a nice 3D imaging that gives you a sort of psuedo out-of-head experience. I've heard some stuff that sounded more insane but this is definitely quite up there.

This thing shares a similar character to Annihilator and X -- It. Loves. Power.

So if you have a good source, I'd say take advantage of it.

P.S: My brief session with it was paired with the iFi Gryphon.
Do you have a chance to compare the Gaea with Spear Labs ASL 4.5? They have the same configurations and fairly similar price range.

Aug 25, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #524 of 656
Do you have a chance to compare the Gaea with Spear Labs ASL 4.5? They have the same configurations and fairly similar price range.
No Spear Labs carrier around my area, unfortunately.

Aug 25, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #525 of 656
Annihilator.jpg

I think I found the perfect fit for my ears with the Annihilator.

The Spinfit CP-155 M size is an ideal fit for my canals and everything sound absolutely sublime. And on a lovely night like right now, listening to Bruno Mars' Versace on the Floor is an absolute treat with these gems.

Annihilator and Moon River.jpg

Pairing with the Moon River 2, while not the most superior combination in technicalities, but gosh darn it sure is fun and energetic.

And of course, try as I might to crank the volume up, the Annihilator really sings but it still gives off that subtle feeling of "Come on, is this all the power you can muster? Give me more, dang it!!"

This thing really craves for power, just like the X.
Ordered this a few weeks ago. Elysian said 6-8 weeks wait. Only 3 weeks to go...hopefully it's on time. Kinda worried considering the delays on the Divas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back