Elna Cerafine Capacitor Group Buy
Oct 1, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #32 of 52
I'm sorry I haven't been more active with this. With the meet I'm organizing and school, it's been tough to get everything done. I will attack this issue with renewed vigor starting on Sunday. And no, it may not be dead yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

thrice

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #34 of 52
If anyone is interested in getting Elna caps with a shorter lead time, I've posted elsewhere a new source in Europe:

Elna Silmic II RFS 330uF 25V 12.5 x 25
2.46 Euro

Elna Cerafine 470uF 25V 12.5 x 25
2.64 Euro

Audio Cube, http://www.audio-cube.nl/elna.htm

They have plenty of other values; these fit the PIMETA. They have a 15 Euro shipping charge to the states, it would make sense for small groups to coordinate orders. I'm likely to place an order shortly, but I won't be home to meet up with the package for several weeks.

I actually don't know any other source for single units with this deep a stock. I'd love to stand corrected.

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
Hey folks,

Well I have a new source for the Caps and the price is a bit cheaper. I cannot say who/where/what about the source, so please don't ask.

Here are the details:

Lead Time: 8 weeks (yeah that sucks)
Minimum order quantity: 1000 pieces per cap. value

Values I was thinking about buying:

470uF/25V (for PIMETAs) @ $0.60

100uF/35V (for PPA) @ $0.21
220uF/35V (for PPA) @ $0.54

I know the wait time is longer, but the original prices were alot better. I guess for a couple small orders, it could be worthwhile, but it would be nice to get a large group buy going.

-Ed

Jan 3, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #37 of 52
How's this group buy coming along? Is it still on? Would you be able to ship to UK?

Jan 4, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I know the wait time is longer, but the original prices were alot better. I guess for a couple small orders, it could be worthwhile, but it would be nice to get a large group buy going.

-Ed

Ok here's the poop with the initial group buy....

1) I should've started an Interest check to make sure I could get enough people

2) I did order some caps from someone who said they could get the caps at the aforementioned prices, but I haven't heard anything regarding them for awhile now. I don't think that order is going through so.......

I can check into starting another group buy for these caps but we're going to need to hit a high number per value (probably 1000 for each value) in order to do it. I was looking to stock these for amp building but now I'm leaning towards the Panasonic FC/FM series, although I do like the Cerafines.

So maybe I should start another thread (or alter the first post in this thread) and start an interest check for caps to see how many we can get....if we get close enough to 1000 I might be able to make up the difference on my own. We might have to say no less than X amount of caps (like 10 or 20 or so) to help insure that we get enough.

I've lost the info regarding cap prices from another distributor that I originally planned to use so I'll need a week or so to get that info again.

It will probably be an eight to ten week lead time after we order so that could take a little while.

Perhaps we should shoot for a single value cap group buy...like the 220uF/35V...or something like that.

So what do people think?

Jan 4, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #41 of 52
If we're going to do a new group buy, is it possible to get the SILMIC II's instead? ELNA claims that they're better than Cerafines... I don't know how much more they cost, though.

Jan 4, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Could you ask how much 4700uF 63V caps would be? And in what quantities?

There are a lot of Dynahi builders that could be interested in them for the PSU board. Each one needs six.

-Ed

I don't think I am interested in the other values anymore as I am planning on building a Dynahi and maybe a tube amp now. If the 4700uF caps could be gotten for a decent price I might be interested. 10 weeks might be a bit long to wait though.

Jan 4, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Could you ask how much 4700uF 63V caps would be? And in what quantities?

There are a lot of Dynahi builders that could be interested in them for the PSU board. Each one needs six.

-Ed

They only come in 2.2uF-470uF in the 63V range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back