Elite TWag OM replacement cable with over molding Pre Order Info
Aug 22, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #167 of 312

Hi, I have a few questions that maybe fellow forumers can help answer too.

1) What is the new TWag OM cable about and how is it different from the original TWag?

2) Will the sound be very different if I do not wish to have the wooden dampener? I don't really understand what it means by to "dampen".

3) There's no heat shrink for this cable, will the cable snap at the connector area? That is what happened to my JH stock cable. I believe it's due to the angle that my ear protrudes out and me constantly trying to pull the wire behind my ears.

The only different is the overmold that is now used instead of the heat shrink. Look thru the thread there are pictures posted.
I don't think there is any different in sound quality between with or without wood.
The dampening is just a theory that the wood choker helps with the vibrations in the wire.
Craig says it's just as strong if not stronger. But nobody knows because it hasn't been out long enough to know if there's a structure problem.

Aug 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #168 of 312
I know that my dampers on my Bogden Gold/Silver Spirits do a nice job, as well as keeping the two parts of the IC distanced from
each other.
I like the damper on the original TWags because it was perfect to snug it against the back of my head. the only problem is that Craig
specifically requested that the damper not be used as a cinch because it unraveled the beautiful wire work that Craig did, but I asked specifically for a second one, just for cinching. When using a boutique product, I believe the designer knows what he is talking about
and I make sure to color within the lines. Buyer beware.

It's all about respect and admiration towards the innovator. Craig is an innovator and his instructions should be carried out to the tee.

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #169 of 312

Quote:
I know that my dampers on my Bogden Gold/Silver Spirits do a nice job, as well as keeping the two parts of the IC distanced from
each other.
I like the damper on the original TWags because it was perfect to snug it against the back of my head. the only problem is that Craig
specifically requested that the damper not be used as a cinch because it unraveled the beautiful wire work that Craig did, but I asked specifically for a second one, just for cinching. When using a boutique product, I believe the designer knows what he is talking about
and I make sure to color within the lines. Buyer beware.

It's all about respect and admiration towards the innovator. Craig is an innovator and his instructions should be carried out to the tee.

Thanks!!

Yes the wood dampens any microphonics from the lower portion of the cable. This is where most of the vibrations comes from. Granted it does not completely eliminate the issue, but I certainly helps!!

There are reasons for my madness; immtbiker - no comments...ha!

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #170 of 312

Quote:
Hi Craig,

I have just received my cables after a whole month waiting for your OM, and guess what? You have sent me the old cables with the old black heat sink version.

I have ordered also for the elite TWag Silver Rhodium right angle mini-to-mini interconnect. Guess what? You have sent me the ipod connector to swiftcraft right angle connector.

This is frustrating and really not professional at all. Can I have my full refund back please or can you send me an express delivery for what I have ordered please?

Thanks.
Mark

You said you wanted black and I told you that the over mold does not come in black.

Email me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com exactly what you ordered. Not sure on the IC what that was. I never saw that part. 

Craig

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #171 of 312
I think I have figured out why some orders are not correct. This might exclude the above example.

People are changing their mind either on the comment section in PayPay or they might make a new post with the changes. I cant check that many spots for changes. 

If you change your mind on an order, please edit your ORIGINAL post. Also I will have this on my site so no mistakes will happen.

I hope everyone understands.

Craig

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #175 of 312
Yes!! I'm officially launch ibasso cables next week, however they are ready to go!

Contact me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com. I can certainly discount early buyers!!

Craig

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #176 of 312
Crai, did you receive my $? i pm you sometime ago.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #177 of 312
I received my TWag overmold today and man this cable is awesome I had forgotten how silky smooth the sound from this wire is and not even broken in yet. The over mold is so comfortable compared to the memory wire and the craftsmanship is first rate. Craig as usual puts out the best cables on the planet and has topped himself yet again. Great customer service and great products I hugely recommend his work.

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #178 of 312
I also received my Twag today (sent all the way to Japan - Can you say fast?! Sure I knew you could).

This is one sexy cable! Awesome does not describe the workmanship. Performance and sound is top notch. Not to mention it really goes well with my 13s (blue and clear).

I have to say I've reached as far as I can reach when it comes to portable hi-fi. At least for the time being.

Craig, thanks for the great customer service and quick turn on the order.

Well back to the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back