Elite TWag OM replacement cable with over molding Pre Order Info
Jul 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 312
Craig
I would love the 64" with the protector balanced termination ( I guess my old will be FS soon)

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 312
Hey Craig,
As per our emails, please put me down for a 48" with a viablue term.  As an afterthought, due to your glowing endorsement, I think I'll take a 48" RSA Protector also.
Thanks!!
shh

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 312
Hey Craig,

Check out my email, id love a second OM cable if i can with a protector plug

thanks so much mate

Linton

Jul 25, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #23 of 312

Quote:
I can terminate my lamp if there is a desire!! So certainly I can terminate with with a Protector connector.
Craig

hmmm but can you terminate your kettle? :p

so is that a yes mate for 2 cables (one viablue one protector) like in our first discussions?

can i send payment earlier while the exchange rate is holding at a decent rate or is it easier to manage if you bill us later when its ready?

thanks mate, get some rest

Jul 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #24 of 312
Hi

Can I get a 48" cable terminated with Viablue 3.5mm. Can I also ask, are these compatible with the Westone UM3X removable cable version?

Also, is there any sort of memory sheath for the section of the cable which goes around the ear?

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #25 of 312

Quote:
Hi

Can I get a 48" cable terminated with Viablue 3.5mm. Can I also ask, are these compatible with the Westone UM3X removable cable version?

Also, is there any sort of memory sheath for the section of the cable which goes around the ear?

There is no memory cable in the overmolded version, nor there is a need for one.  The overmolded (grommit) section will just naturally loop around your ears without any issues.  If you're running or jumping, you may optionally use the choker to further stabilize the cable, but in terms of overall comfort, the new cable beats the old one hands down.

The other benefit is that you can easily have the cable run down behind your neck instead of front, such as when bicycling, etc., when the front-hanging cable can get hooked into something.  This was next to impossible to do with the old version due to the memory wire, but now this restriction is gone as well.  You can find more info in my review of this cable (link in my sig block)

Jul 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #26 of 312

Quote:
There is no memory cable in the overmolded version, nor there is a need for one.  The overmolded (grommit) section will just naturally loop around your ears without any issues.  If you're running or jumping, you may optionally use the choker to further stabilize the cable, but in terms of overall comfort, the new cable beats the old one hands down.

The other benefit is that you can easily have the cable run down behind your neck instead of front, such as when bicycling, etc., when the front-hanging cable can get hooked into something.  This was next to impossible to do with the old version due to the memory wire, but now this restriction is gone as well.  You can find more info in my review of this cable (link in my sig block)

Actually, I currently own the UM3X with the fixed cable and I do have a need for the silicone ear guides. In fact, I cannot use the earphones without them because they keep falling off. I could just use the ear guides on the new cable if I buy it, but one of the reasons of buying the UM3X with removable cables was so I could use a new cable with a permanent ear guide as opposed to one which can be removed. My current ear guides have a tendency to come off so I have to readjust or fully reapply them every time I put the earphones on.

Thanks for your help.

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #27 of 312
I see.  I have used my JHA customs to test the prototype and I have never owned the UM3X.  If you do not feel comfortable with the molded grommit/choker combination of the new TWag, perhaps you should consider getting one of the old styled ones at the discount price.

Before transitioning to customs, I have burned thru a number of universals, including the Westone 3 and about a $150 worth of different tips so I do realize what you're going thru.  At some point you should consider making a move, the comfort of the customs when fully compliant to your ear canal are simply amazing.  If that's your plan, you should go for the new cable, without hesitation.

Just my advice, based on my own experience.

Jul 26, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #28 of 312

Quote:
I see.  I have used my JHA customs to test the prototype and I have never owned the UM3X.  If you do not feel comfortable with the molded grommit/choker combination of the new TWag, perhaps you should consider getting one of the old styled ones at the discount price.

Before transitioning to customs, I have burned thru a number of universals, including the Westone 3 and about a $150 worth of different tips so I do realize what you're going thru.  At some point you should consider making a move, the comfort of the customs when fully compliant to your ear canal are simply amazing.  If that's your plan, you should go for the new cable, without hesitation.

Just my advice, based on my own experience.

Thank you. I do indeed foresee myself buying some customs at some point in the future, although I am currently finding it difficult to justify the cost. So, am I right then in thinking that the old cable did have a fixed ear guide?

Finally, I still don't even know if these are compatible with the UM3X (both old and new cable).

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #29 of 312
Yes they are compatible with the Westone Customs, Ultimate Ears Customs and JH Audio...

Guides might work, however the wire is much thicker than the stock wire.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back