Eleven Audio XIAUDIO Formula S Headphone Amplifier
Jul 13, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #631 of 674
Yeah I think that's what I'll do now it's just deciding between the Bliss and WA33

Honestly, I don't think those two are even in the same league. Wa33 is an incredible amp. I would also recomend looking at wa23 as well though. While wa33 elite is probabaly mlre technical (haven't had both side by side tbf) my subjective preference very very clearly leans wa23 personaly.

Jul 13, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #632 of 674
Honestly, I don't think those two are even in the same league. Wa33 is an incredible amp. I would also recomend looking at wa23 as well though. While wa33 elite is probabaly mlre technical (haven't had both side by side tbf) my subjective preference very very clearly leans wa23 personaly.
I haven't read anything on the 23. What makes you prefer the 23 over the 33?

Jul 13, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #633 of 674
I haven't read anything on the 23. What makes you prefer the 23 over the 33?

It's a little more exaggerated, imactful, and a bit more holographic of staging. Just tbh, while wa33 is crazybtechnical, I find it pretty exceptionaly boring

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #634 of 674
It's a little more exaggerated, imactful, and a bit more holographic of staging. Just tbh, while wa33 is crazybtechnical, I find it pretty exceptionaly boring
Was that your impression with stock tubes or did you play around with all three types?

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #635 of 674
Was that your impression with stock tubes or did you play around with all three types?

I've heard a number of tube combos as well as std, elite, and std jps. Frankly, my opinion of it hasn't changed much at all regardless of options.

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #636 of 674
Interesting. I had the standard for a bit before I upgraded to the Elite. What did it for me was changing out the tubes. The KR’s for me made a very nice difference in terms of impact but this amp is just soo smooth that I can see folks wanting something else.

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #637 of 674
Bringing this back to the X1 Audio topic, getting the Powerman and their R2R dac to have the whole stack and you’d be pretty well set. I had the full stack with the 1266 and Diana and it was great.

There really is something to synergy and only if you start introducing other headphones or components do you feel like there might be more, or your taste might evolve. That happened to me.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #638 of 674
Interesting. I had the standard for a bit before I upgraded to the Elite. What did it for me was changing out the tubes. The KR’s for me made a very nice difference in terms of impact but this amp is just soo smooth that I can see folks wanting something else.

It's an amp that I totaly understand why people love and honestly kinda want to love myself, but it just doesn't end uo doing it for me subjectively. Kinda one of those where om constantly impressed but never tapping my foot if that makes sense.

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #639 of 674
Bringing this back to the X1 Audio topic, getting the Powerman and their R2R dac to have the whole stack and you’d be pretty well set. I had the full stack with the 1266 and Diana and it was great.

There really is something to synergy and only if you start introducing other headphones or components do you feel like there might be more, or your taste might evolve. That happened to me.
I ordered Holo May KTE (hopefully it is shipped at the end of July) and I decided to go with the Bliss and sell the Formula S when I get it

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #640 of 674
I’m sure you will be very happy. The May, in my opinion, is probably one of the best if not the best dac under $10k. The Bliss is great and worth every penny.

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #641 of 674
That would be great! thanks!
I just listened to with and without the Powerman and I can confirm it’s definitely not night and day. You will pick it up in a blind test but you are not missing anything by not having the Powerman certainly not a $2700 worth difference.
I’d say sell the Formula S and look at getting the WA33 that will slow you to change the sound with tubes rather than expecting some sort of upgrade by getting the Powerman. This is my opinion only.

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #642 of 674
I just listened to with and without the Powerman and I can confirm it’s definitely not night and day. You will pick it up in a blind test but you are not missing anything by not having the Powerman certainly not a $2700 worth difference.
I’d say sell the Formula S and look at getting the WA33 that will slow you to change the sound with tubes rather than expecting some sort of upgrade by getting the Powerman. This is my opinion only.
Thank you for taking the time to test. This only reinforces the decision not to purchase the Powerman. I'll Formula S and get a Holo Bliss KTE.

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #643 of 674
Thank you for taking the time to test. This only reinforces the decision not to purchase the Powerman. I'll Formula S and get a Holo Bliss KTE.
I'll sell the Formula S*

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #644 of 674
I’m sure you will be very happy. The May, in my opinion, is probably one of the best if not the best dac under $10k. The Bliss is great and worth every penny.
I can't wait to hear the May! I've read and watched reviews over and over lol

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #645 of 674
The May needs to break in, the initial sense clarity will improve along with the imaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back