Eleven Audio XIAUDIO Formula S Headphone Amplifier
Apr 3, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #496 of 674
On that note I actually feel a slight paranoia stacking them all 3 together as I personally feel the feet of the components arent rubbery enough to grip well as it is sorta smooth surfaced, but this could be in my own head.

Anyone else happen to feel this way? I feel comfortable stacking powerman and formula S, but when stacking the third Sagra on top, I feel a little paranoid that if I accidently pulled my headphone via some freak accident that the components in the stack will fall off of each other.

Embarassing thought but hey it was a thought.

Though it is recommended to stack powerman below amp since amp gets hot. I actually feel safest in terms of stability to stack amp as bottom, powerman 2nd, and sagra 3rd if it was up to me.
I stacked the Formula S on top of the Powerman and had the Sagra DAC off to the side.

Apr 5, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #497 of 674
On that note I actually feel a slight paranoia stacking them all 3 together as I personally feel the feet of the components arent rubbery enough to grip well as it is sorta smooth surfaced, but this could be in my own head.

Anyone else happen to feel this way? I feel comfortable stacking powerman and formula S, but when stacking the third Sagra on top, I feel a little paranoid that if I accidently pulled my headphone via some freak accident that the components in the stack will fall off of each other.

Embarassing thought but hey it was a thought.

Though it is recommended to stack powerman below amp since amp gets hot. I actually feel safest in terms of stability to stack amp as bottom, powerman 2nd, and sagra 3rd if it was up to me.

literally the first world problem

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #498 of 674
literally the first world problem
True, 1st world problem within 1st world.

But with that said USA seems to be heading in a downward direction. Just imo. All that money printing....

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #499 of 674
True, 1st world problem within 1st world.

But with that said USA seems to be heading in a downward direction. Just imo. All that money printing....
sadly everyone has been printing money...whole world problem

Apr 9, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #500 of 674
Damn it is 3AM right now in NY. I keep listening to "one more song, one more song" since 1AM.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #501 of 674
May 23, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #502 of 674
I have a Sagre DAC sitting in its box that I bought a few months ago, at the same time I bought a Formula S and Powerman but am still awaiting it to arrive as it was sent via surface mail.

Ahead of this, being in the UK, is there anything I need to do in terms of the power of each unit as I bought it from the US - isn't there a switch to set it to 220V on each?

In terms of powering on order, I assume I need to switch the Powerman on first, then amp and DAC?

Any other tips or info would be appreciated, it would be slightly upsetting to have waited over 2 months for delivery only to switch it all on and it blow up in my face

May 23, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #503 of 674
I have a Sagre DAC sitting in its box that I bought a few months ago, at the same time I bought a Formula S and Powerman but am still awaiting it to arrive as it was sent via surface mail.

Ahead of this, being in the UK, is there anything I need to do in terms of the power of each unit as I bought it from the US - isn't there a switch to set it to 220V on each?

In terms of powering on order, I assume I need to switch the Powerman on first, then amp and DAC?

Any other tips or info would be appreciated, it would be slightly upsetting to have waited over 2 months for delivery only to switch it all on and it blow up in my face
First connect the umbilical cord to the Powerman and Formula S. Then you only need to put a power cord on the Powerman and turn it on.

May 29, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #505 of 674
I'm selling my Formula S and Powerman combo. Check the classifieds if interested

I'm open to bundling the 1266 TC and superconductor hp cable, along with the amp.

May 29, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #506 of 674
I enjoy the sound of the Broadway balanced, would the formula s + powerman be a worthwhile upgrade?
You did not enjoy the Sagra?

May 31, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #509 of 674
I'm selling my Formula S and Powerman combo. Check the classifieds if interested

I'm open to bundling the 1266 TC and superconductor hp cable, along with the amp.

Hi

One question, do you think Stealth sound better through HMS/TT2 + Formula stack or HMS/TT2 alone?

May 31, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #510 of 674
I think the Stealth sounds more vivid and real, with better depth, from the TT2. I prefer the rear XLR output specifically due to the increased bass compared to the SE output.

The Formula S has more voluptuous mid to sub-bass region, slightly warmer color, fuller mids, and wider but flatter stage. I find my impression is somewhat affected by my RCA and power cables, so YMMV. The stealth don't really need more warmth or help enriching its mids, so the bonuses are not as helpful to this headphone as they are to the 1266.

Overall, I get the sense that Stealth is designed for accuracy and realism, so my preference is to pair it with the TT2, and EQ a 4 db bump to below 100 Hz. If you want a more exciting sound (in terms of bass) and don't like to EQ, then go with Formula S.

Hope that answers your question.

Right now I'm really enjoying Stealth with the Soloist GT with its stock op-amps. This amp, in true balanced mode, brings even more incredible separation, layering, and expansive soundstage, which are all aspects that the Stealth already excel at, but it's just taken to a new level. Now it really does sound like an open back. It s a match made in heaven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back