Eleven Audio XIAUDIO Formula S Headphone Amplifier
Jun 1, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #526 of 664
then you would simply pay more for the amp...you want a "free" power cable..ok, we will raise the price of the amp 100 bucks..this is a ridiculous discussion lol

A power cable and basic XLRs are litteraly $2 wholesale. He not asking for it to come with shanteya totl cables or anything

Jun 1, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #527 of 664
come on, lets be honest...who doesnt have one of these cheap cables lying around...who cares?...You will replace it anyway..if they were to include a 2 dollar cable the next threads would be why include such a junky cable...it is like buying an expensive product and complaining they didnt include batteries with the remote!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #528 of 664
then you would simply pay more for the amp...you want a "free" power cable..ok, we will raise the price of the amp 100 bucks..this is a ridiculous discussion lol
Well they must be bundling 7 power cables because they increased the price of the FS/P combo by $700

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #529 of 664
Actually standard practice across qualifiers of high-end.
Damnit. Today is the day I realized my cans are TOTL, but I guess I'm still mucking around in mid-fi amplifier territory.

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #530 of 664
of all the concerns in this crazy hobby I would place the inclusion of a 2 dollar cable very low on the list lol

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #531 of 664
Damnit. Today is the day I realized my cans are TOTL, but I guess I'm still mucking around in mid-fi amplifier territory.
I'm not sure I'd even call the Formula S mid-fi. Indefinitely meh.

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #532 of 664
I'm not sure I'd even call the Formula S mid-fi. Indefinitely meh.
Ooph. The Formula S' fake heat sinks were incapable of mitigating the heat from that burn.

Listen @jlbrach I don't mean to be dumping on your favorite amp. I actually like its sound, especially with the 1266. But is it so wrong to expect a litttttle bit more for $6600?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #533 of 664
come on, lets be honest...who doesnt have one of these cheap cables lying around...who cares?...You will replace it anyway..if they were to include a 2 dollar cable the next threads would be why include such a junky cable...it is like buying an expensive product and complaining they didnt include batteries with the remote!

I still use $2 cables with all my crap tbh

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #534 of 664
Ooph. The Formula S' fake heat sinks were incapable of mitigating the heat from that burn.

Listen @jlbrach I don't mean to be dumping on your favorite amp. I actually like its sound, especially with the 1266. But is it so wrong to expect a litttttle bit more for $6600?
I dont take it as dumping on the amp...my comment has nothing to do with the amp and everything to do with the fact that a 2 dollar cable with any high end product is irrelevant

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #535 of 664
I dont take it as dumping on the amp...my comment has nothing to do with the amp and everything to do with the fact that a 2 dollar cable with any high end product is irrelevant
Maybe for you it is. Let's just disagree and keep it moving.

In this case, considering the company's rather pricey cable products, I can assume the main reason why a stock one isn't included: $$

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #536 of 664
I have mixed thoughts myself on the courtesy cable debate. I do feel it would be nice if they gave a courtesy one, but at same time I do feel they may "upcharge us" for it so it sometimes feels better that they NOT include one so no chance of that baked in upcharge in the final price.

I do have to agree that the Formula S does seem a little underwhelming visually and build wise/feature wise for it's price point. With that said though, I do absolutely love mine and enjoy mine thoroughly. I was also the lucky guy who decided to buy the powerman/formula S literally within 2 weeks of them raising the price. =(

Sometimes we have to make these "trade offs" and decides ourselves if a certain product it worth it to ourselves. =)

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #537 of 664
After 3 months of waiting I finally took delivery of the Formula S / Powerman from Canada.

This cable was included in the box, what do I need in order to make use of it in a UK socket..?

Also is there a specific Windows USB driver for XI Audio I should be installing?

Attachments

• IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #538 of 664
After 3 months of waiting I finally took delivery of the Formula S / Powerman from Canada.

This cable was included in the box, what do I need in order to make use of it in a UK socket..?

Also is there a specific Windows USB driver for XI Audio I should be installing?
Nice, glad to hear it finally arrived

There are cheap travel adapters for going US -> UK, but I've only used that for a phone charger. Not sure what the impact would be on your powerman with such a travel adapter.
I would just grab a standard AC cord from Amazon or your local store tbh.

Btw make sure you select right voltage for your country on the red switch.

Jun 9, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #539 of 664
Nice, glad to hear it finally arrived

There are cheap travel adapters for going US -> UK, but I've only used that for a phone charger. Not sure what the impact would be on your powerman with such a travel adapter.
I would just grab a standard AC cord from Amazon or your local store tbh.

Btw make sure you select right voltage for your country on the red switch.

All good, have switched each to 220v, thankfully they all power on and in brief testing it all seems to be working. Using this via my Elitedesk PC with Tidal across USB.

Probably not optimal for airflow where I have it currently, but for now here is my XI Audio / Abyss rig. Surprised that even on high gain, the Diana TCs only really get loud beyond 6 o'clock on the dial. Will report back once I have had a bit of a listen :)

Attachments

• IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #540 of 664
All good, have switched each to 220v, thankfully they all power on and in brief testing it all seems to be working. Using this via my Elitedesk PC with Tidal across USB.

Probably not optimal for airflow where I have it currently, but for now here is my XI Audio / Abyss rig. Surprised that even on high gain, the Diana TCs only really get loud beyond 6 o'clock on the dial. Will report back once I have had a bit of a listen :)
The gain is not the issue with the amp.
In fact should have more power than you would require especially for the Diana.
The issue is your source output level, use a desktop dac and see the change in gain.

For comparison I use the Abyss 1266 and my volume level is at 10 o’clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back