Eleven Audio XIAUDIO Formula S Headphone Amplifier
Jul 22, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #316 of 674
Powerman is here! Hasn't warmed up yet but it does sound better right away! I don't like this expression but I feel like I can see more into the recording. Sound just became bigger, better imaging, bass, and stage. Happy with this upgrade
combo.jpg

Looking forward to doing some more focused listening later today and will update with more impressions at some point.

Jul 22, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #317 of 674
yes, all the cliches you hear apply to the difference...blacker background...better bass and soundstage and detail....

Jul 22, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #318 of 674
Powerman is here! Hasn't warmed up yet but it does sound better right away! I don't like this expression but I feel like I can see more into the recording. Sound just became bigger, better imaging, bass, and stage. Happy with this upgrade
combo.jpg
Looking forward to doing some more focused listening later today and will update with more impressions at some point.
Excellent upgrade or addition

Jul 23, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #319 of 674
Been listening to the Formula S and Powerman for a few hours. The Powerman really improves on the Formula S in all areas, my favorites being bass texture and extension, imaging, and detail. Going through my list of favorite tracks I feel like adding the Powerman has caused me to discover new flaws in tracks I enjoy. While it can be annoying to hear issues with tracks that I like I think this sort of thing is a good sign that I've made a definite improvement in my listening setup. Although the price is somewhat high considering the internals of the Powerman, the build is excellent and the sound is a significant improvement so I think it is worth it.

I had mentioned being concerned with the temperature that my Formula S was running at but with the Powerman installed the Formula S is running much cooler with the Powerman feeling much warmer to the touch than the Formula S.

Now that I'm happy with my amplification especially for use with the 1266 I think I will start looking at where I want to go with my dac. I think the Pontus is pretty good and I can enjoy using it for a while before upgrading but I like researching new components so I will start looking at what I want to get next. Also I may reach out to Abyss about this to see what they think about dacs. Obviously they have the sagra dac but I know based on their youtube videos they use some other dacs in their setups like Mytek Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Jul 23, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #322 of 674
Yes! I've just received the Powerman today. I'll be testing it over the weekend :)
Awesome, curious to see what you think of it and the differences you pick up using the Diana. I like how well the RME stacks on top of the Formula S too

Jul 23, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #323 of 674
Awesome, curious to see what you think of it and the differences you pick up using the Diana. I like how well the RME stacks on top of the Formula S too

Thank you!
I've listened to the Phi for a couple of hours with the addition of the Powerman. So far, I'm very impressed with it. Before adding the Powerman, I felt that the Phi felt a little too thin, not as musical/fun as the V2. And of course, badly recorded songs doesn't sound that good on it. I was so close on returning the Phi and ordering the V2 due to it's smoother, warmth, and more forgiving nature. The moment I listened with the Powerman, I was mindblown by how much better the Phi is across the entire board. The soundstage is more holographic, there's more space between instruments, imaging, detail/clarity, better bass, and the background is super black to the point where I felt like the music is enveloping me in it. The most important factor is how much denser, fuller the notes are within the music itself.. This really is my endgame for a very long time.

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #324 of 674
Can two headphones play at the same time out of the Formula S, by plugging one into the 3-pin XLRs on the sides, and the 2nd into the 4-pin XLR in the middle?

Jul 24, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #325 of 674
Can two headphones play at the same time out of the Formula S, by plugging one into the 3-pin XLRs on the sides, and the 2nd into the 4-pin XLR in the middle?
The manual states that only one headphone should be plugged in at a time.

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #326 of 674
Yeah it's written in bold too so I would assume that plugging more than one in could cause some damage to the amp.
FS manual.jpg

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #327 of 674
Thanks!

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #328 of 674
I'm listening to some IEMs out of the Formula S as a friend was curious how they compare to the 6XX. The IEMs are the Tin P1. I'm using a silver ALO balanced cable to a 2.5mm to 4 pin xlr adapter into the Formula S. The amp is on low gain and there is no hiss or any other sort of noise that I usually get when using a full size amp with IEMs! This amp is definite overkill for driving IEMs but it sounds good so just wanted to post and let everyone know that it's possible

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #329 of 674
I'm listening to some IEMs out of the Formula S as a friend was curious how they compare to the 6XX. The IEMs are the Tin P1. I'm using a silver ALO balanced cable to a 2.5mm to 4 pin xlr adapter into the Formula S. The amp is on low gain and there is no hiss or any other sort of noise that I usually get when using a full size amp with IEMs! This amp is definite overkill for driving IEMs but it sounds good so just wanted to post and let everyone know that it's possible
The Audeze LCD-i4's I had was outstanding out of the Formula S/Powerman.

Jul 27, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #330 of 674

I tried the 6XX on my Formula S, and it sounded crazy good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back