Elevate Your Audeze Maxwell Experience with Dekoni Audio's New Premium Earpads
Apr 17, 2024 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14
What's up Head-Fi,

We're thrilled to introduce our latest addition to the Dekoni Audio family: Maxwell Premium Replacement Earpads. With the launch, two styles are available for anyone interested in upgrading their Maxwell headset.

Elite Velour Earpads - $49.99

Crafted with high-density memory foam, our Elite Velour pads are tailored to enhance your audio. They provide an expansive soundstage and precise imaging, ideal for competitive gamers who seek a more detailed frequency response. The neutral bass can be precisely accentuated and reintroduced to your liking using Audeze Maxwell’s EQ software, making these pads a perfect match for gaming and music enthusiasts alike.

Maxwell-ELVL-scaled.jpg
Elite-Velour-Installed-scaled.jpg

Elite Sheepskin Earpads - $79.99

These earpads are all about creating an intimate, front-and-center audio experience. The high-density memory foam, covered in premium sheepskin leather enriches the bass, offering a warm and enveloping sound. By mimicking the dimensions of the original OEM earpads, they maintain excellent isolation and ANC performance, ensuring you're always at the heart of your music or game. We highly recommend the Sheepskin model for anyone looking for a more immersive gaming experience.

Maxwell-SK-scaled.jpg
SheepSkin-Installed-scaled.jpg

Seamless Integration with Audeze Maxwell

Our Maxwell earpads are designed perfectly to complement the Audeze Maxwell headset. Whether for intense gaming sessions or diving deep into your favorite tracks, these earpads will take your experience to new heights.

Discover the difference with Dekoni Audio's Maxwell Premium Replacement Earpads and give your Audeze Maxwell headset the upgrade it deserves.

Explore more and get yours today at DekoniAudio.com!

Cheers,
Dylan Scarzafava
Product Manager, Dekoni Audio

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Apr 18, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #3 of 14
Please explain why are they better than the original pads
The sheepskin ones have a little more sub-bass and a little less mid-bass fog, while being pretty much the same elsewhere. Is that not better?

The velour pads, uh, yeah, I am with you there lol.

I do love this new graph format though!

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 14
Need to try these out

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 14
Will you add the cooler gel in the pads like previous game earpads? @DekoniAudio

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #6 of 14
I gotta be honest guys. Leather pads never failed me once, while i've yet to hear any velour that improves sound.
Am i missing the velour greatness somehow?
Are there really people that go "i wish there was a way to remove 4db off my bass without EQ"?:thinking:

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #7 of 14
I gotta be honest guys. Leather pads never failed me once, while i've yet to hear any velour that improves sound.
Am i missing the velour greatness somehow?
Are there really people that go "i wish there was a way to remove 4db off my bass without EQ"?:thinking:
:raised_hand: Hi, its me. I'm the one who appreciates the velour more than the sheepskin model.

The velour opens up some of the soundstage and enhances imaging in my opinion, it's almost as if the clarity gets a boost. I then just tweak the bass content in the EQ software and find that I don't lose much of the clarity at all after reintroducing sub bass.

I would say the velour v. sheepskin debate is really what your main purpose is for having a Maxwell. Are you using the 3D audio software to play FPS games at a higher skill level and need to hear your teammates on voice chat? OR are you using them to listen to music and get the most out of a cinematic gaming experience?

Sheepskin = Immersive and Music oriented
Velour = Competitive oriented

Don't forget comfort reasons as well. Leathers can get hot and sticky, some people might go for a pure comfort play of a fabric material especially when some people can sit at their computer desk or couch for hours.

-Dylan

Will you add the cooler gel in the pads like previous game earpads? @DekoniAudio
We find gel to not be the best solution for cooling. Gel has a larger thermal capacity before it reaches equilibrium with your body temp, but once it gets there it stays hot.
Currently the team is working on a new way keeping earpads cool.

Last edited:

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #14 of 14
How does the depth of these compare to the stock ear pads? I just have an issue with my left ear getting irritated due to it touching the driver.
Similar to stock in terms of dimensions. They are hand made so there can be a +/- 2mm variance in depth.

Do the Sheepskin get as warm as the stock pads?
Sheepskin is closed just like the stock pleather. The heat performance will be similar to stock. We are currently looking into better ways to handle earpad heat while maintaining sound quality, but that is further on our horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back