Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Dec 15, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #5,253 of 5,745
About 150-200 hours for me
Can do. I'll give it a month of burn in before a final assessment.
I love the substantial feeling of the Inferno. It feels so well built.
It's a very deep and holographic sounding cable. Currently not as spacious and wide as the stock, but I surmise that will improve with burn in.

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #5,254 of 5,745
How long did the burn in take?
Tubewin

Sorry to jump in here but wanted to just say for both the Inferno and the Purgatorio I've purchased both took about 150-175 hours of burn in.
Speaking to Eric directly, he suggested 125-150 hours.
From when I first received the cable to 150 hours there was definitely a marked difference and I did not cheat and listen during the process so I don't think Brain Burn In was a factor.
Hope this information helps!

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #5,255 of 5,745
Tubewin

Sorry to jump in here but wanted to just say for both the Inferno and the Purgatorio I've purchased both took about 150-175 hours of burn in.
Speaking to Eric directly, he suggested 125-150 hours.
From when I first received the cable to 150 hours there was definitely a marked difference and I did not cheat and listen during the process so I don't think Brain Burn In was a factor.
Hope this information helps!
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, even 10 hours in, there was some change to the sound. It's become slightly harsh in the upper mids and highs. I've got a long way to go.

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #5,256 of 5,745
Hi all

I am just about to order the Raphael to go with my 64audio u12t and Hugo2/Poly combo.
Can you share how you like the u12t + Raphael combo?

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #5,257 of 5,745
Mwah

5267F98F-6C9D-4756-9906-682923B3A980.jpeg

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #5,259 of 5,745
What a fantastic combination both in terms of looks and its sound characteristics as it is reported.
At the moment I am also thinking about getting one of the great looking Trifecta versions.

It may sound cliche but I owned Trifecta for a year and don’t feel I really heard it until I plugged it into the WM1Z.

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #5,260 of 5,745
It may sound cliche but I owned Trifecta for a year and don’t feel I really heard it until I plugged it into the WM1Z.

Getting the Sony WM1Z to match the trifecta is probably a rather impossible task, as the WM1Z seems to be no longer available, even on the used market.

I hope you enjoy this combination all the more!

Dec 20, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #5,261 of 5,745
Just got the Inferno in for my Susvara. First immediate impression is that it needs burn in. There is a deepness in the soundstage and a slightly thicker sound on the Inferno compared to the stock cable. Currently the stock sounds more transparent and more nimble. I'm going to give it a few days of listening to see how it burns in.

I just got the Purgatorio Tour set and tried it out Abyss 1266 Phi TC with SC & Susvara with WyWires Platinum. I'm not sure how many hours of burn in this tour kit has had, but I did not care for the sound. The sound was more muddy and thin compared to either one of those options.

Dec 21, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #5,263 of 5,745
I just got the Purgatorio Tour set and tried it out Abyss 1266 Phi TC with SC & Susvara with WyWires Platinum. I'm not sure how many hours of burn in this tour kit has had, but I did not care for the sound. The sound was more muddy and thin compared to either one of those options.
Does sound like a burn in issue. Silver does take a fair bit longer to burn in. Vs cables you are likely to have had for a long time now. :)

Dec 21, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #5,264 of 5,745
I just saw the Versa adapters launch on Eletech's facebook. Will the adapters be on all Eletech products? Will I be able to opt out of the swappable connectors from the product?

Versa will be available on Eletech products early 2024. It will come as an option, you can opt out of Versa and go for the regular pins configuration if you'd like :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Dec 21, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #5,265 of 5,745
I see. I'm actually really starting to like the sound of the Inferno. I feel it's even more transparent and clearer sounding than the stock cable. The stock in comparison comes off a little bit veiled, but still enjoyable. The build quality is many times better than the stock cable. I love interacting with the Inferno cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back