Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Nov 24, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #4,246 of 5,577
Agree. I too tried it with the Fusang primarily. I would describe the Laura as being lithe and nimble, whilst the Socrates 8 is lush and sweet. Amazing how the organic Socrates (in 4 wire format) can be so lush and sweet in 8 wire format. At the same time, there is this intimacy in the vocals, whilst there is great detail that shines through the lushness. I particularly liked how there is a deeper, layered and nuanced soundstage. The timbre is also fantastic. As I was telling Eric, I thought the conductivity was fantastic too: so much information and details coming through. :)

I verily think that adherents to richer, lusher mids like @metaljem77 @hshock76 and myself will enjoy this for a while yet. I even had this moment of madness when I was wondering if I should get one in 2 pin connectors and one in FitEar connectors. 🤭
I’m super excited to try with my current collection and wonder whether we are allowed to order more than one? I’m contemplating one mmcx and one 2 pin… I’ve not only contemplating but have gone mad lol

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #4,247 of 5,577
I’m super excited to try with my current and wonder whether we are allowed to order more than one? I’m contemplating one mmcx and one 2 pin… I’ve not only contemplating but have gone mad lol
Give Eric a sugar rush and food coma and then ask the Q ? Heheh

Nov 24, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #4,248 of 5,577
Agree. I too tried it with the Fusang primarily. I would describe the Laura as being lithe and nimble, whilst the Socrates 8 is lush and sweet. Amazing how the organic Socrates (in 4 wire format) can be so lush and sweet in 8 wire format. At the same time, there is this intimacy in the vocals, whilst there is great detail that shines through the lushness. I particularly liked how there is a deeper, layered and nuanced soundstage. The timbre is also fantastic. As I was telling Eric, I thought the conductivity was fantastic too: so much information and details coming through. :)

I verily think that adherents to richer, lusher mids like @metaljem77 @hshock76 and myself will enjoy this for a while yet. I even had this moment of madness when I was wondering if I should get one in 2 pin connectors and one in FitEar connectors. 🤭
wha lao I can't keep up.

I need thick sweet and lush omg. Maybe I can steal 1 from @metaljem77 in future

Nov 24, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #4,249 of 5,577
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #4,252 of 5,577
Cross post from Watercooler

IMG_2695.JPEG
IMG_2696.JPEG

Initial impressions of OTL on the Ody.
Definitely sounding fuller and clearer as compared to stock Ares II which I didn't spend a lot of time on. Previous pairing was on Iliad.
OTL sounds wider, slightly better imaging. Bass sounds more crisp, gives the DD on Ody sufficient punch with slightly faster decay.

Overall great pairing! Next up when I have the time is to swap around OTL to Jewel and FT to Ody! Special thanks to @Eric Chong and @MusicTeck for the ridiculously fast turnaround

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #4,253 of 5,577
Hi Eletech friends
Has anyone here experience pairing Inferno with Susvara? Just got a great deal on the Susv’s on-line in the US and have the opportunity to get a separate great deal on Inferno in the next day or two. Given the famous smooth mids and detailed treble of the Susv’s I wonder how the copper cable will pair?

Nov 27, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #4,254 of 5,577
Cross post from Watercooler

Initial impressions of OTL on the Ody.
Definitely sounding fuller and clearer as compared to stock Ares II which I didn't spend a lot of time on. Previous pairing was on Iliad.
OTL sounds wider, slightly better imaging. Bass sounds more crisp, gives the DD on Ody sufficient punch with slightly faster decay.

Overall great pairing! Next up when I have the time is to swap around OTL to Jewel and FT to Ody! Special thanks to @Eric Chong and @MusicTeck for the ridiculously fast turnaround
Slightly O/T but which VN case is that?

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #4,255 of 5,577
Slightly O/T but which VN case is that?
that's the 6 iem Wide case, E045-00. Do remember to get wide versions if you have thick cables

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #4,256 of 5,577
Hi Eletech friends
Has anyone here experience pairing Inferno with Susvara? Just got a great deal on the Susv’s on-line in the US and have the opportunity to get a separate great deal on Inferno in the next day or two. Given the famous smooth mids and detailed treble of the Susv’s I wonder how the copper cable will pair?

I almost pulled the trigger on a Susvara during the lockdown days but have since gone past it as i'm back to travelling and IEM makes more sense currently. That said, I have the Inferno on the HEK & Utopia while I sold off the LCD3's inferno. The Inferno in my view pairs exceptional when the HP is clean , smooth and detailed - it adds a much needed weightage and meat to the presentation while also adding to the stage and air. It's not the usual warm lush copper that you would expect from it's heft and looks.
If you're looking to add loads of warmth and midbass, the Inferno is not ideal.

Share your thoughts on the Susvara if you get around to it, it may trigger my itch for it again =X

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #4,257 of 5,577
Got my OTL. I can't speak to how it sounds yet, as I'm awaiting my Odyssey. But I was amused that the unboxing experience was far better than with my SP3000 (or for that matter, any recent Apple products). And the cable itself is extraordinarily pretty...

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #4,258 of 5,577
Got my OTL. I can't speak to how it sounds yet, as I'm awaiting my Odyssey. But I was amused that the unboxing experience was far better than with my SP3000 (or for that matter, any recent Apple products). And the cable itself is extraordinarily pretty...

A&K should have chosen it as the stock cable...

0518CF6C-7F1E-4025-B5C1-9CDFE25E21E4.jpeg

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #4,259 of 5,577
A&K should have chosen it as the stock cable...

0518CF6C-7F1E-4025-B5C1-9CDFE25E21E4.jpeg

Same sentiments when I heard the Odyssey with the default Ares II. OTL would definitely have amazing synergy with it

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #4,260 of 5,577
As someone who’s never spent that much on a cable before, I’m in awe of the workmanship and attention to detail.

Part of me thinks that it would’ve been better to save cost and make it uglier, in a plain box, at a lower price point—because after all it’s a cable, and all we should care about is what it sounds like.

But then part of me is just amazed that someone can take something as mundane as a cable and really make me feel like I’m holding some special magical object. 😛 (I sort of feel the same way about the SP3000 and the 904L steel…)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back