Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Nov 21, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #4,231 of 5,571
Spoke to Eric recently about the Socrates 8 before going on a sabbatical and I got really interested in getting one when the time comes. All the positive reviews about Socrates 8 final prototype from you guys just made the poison more potent!

Just one thing I would like to ask, for those who've listened to the Socrates 8 (initial or final protoypes), what are your thoughts on the cable, or how does the initial prototype compare to the final one?

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #4,232 of 5,571
Spoke to Eric recently about the Socrates 8 before going on a sabbatical and I got really interested in getting one when the time comes. All the positive reviews about Socrates 8 final prototype from you guys just made the poison more potent!

Just one thing I would like to ask, for those who've listened to the Socrates 8 (initial or final protoypes), what are your thoughts on the cable, or how does the initial prototype compare to the final one?
I will provide full details asap. I have the OG Socrates and will compare to that, primarily, on several IEMs (EE LX, U12T, Monarch MK2). I will provide my impressions on this thread. Eric had not sent the prototype requesting a formal review but I will do my best for him.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #4,233 of 5,571
I will provide full details asap. I have the OG Socrates and will compare to that, primarily, on several IEMs (EE LX, U12T, Monarch MK2). I will provide my impressions on this thread. Eric had not sent the prototype requesting a formal review but I will do my best for him.
Nice! Awaiting your kind impressions, especially on Soc v8. I might've missed Eric's tour/ review call somewhere. Would've definitely signed up for it

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #4,234 of 5,571
Nice! Awaiting your kind impressions, especially on Soc v8. I might've missed Eric's tour/ review call somewhere. Would've definitely signed up for it
It’s not really a tour per se. We were among those who waited for the OG Socrates for many months during the Shanghai shutdown and Eric kindly offered to allow us to have advance chance to hear it when the prototype was ready. But we will do our best to share- tho pls don’t expect a review like that of @twister6

Nov 22, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #4,235 of 5,571
Literally told Eric to put me after the two of you on that list. Because I definitely wasn't getting the first 2 made, I'll settle for the third one.
Not sure if I'm still in line to get my hands on the 4th one, but if there're only 3 pieces available for reserve, I guess we would have to fight for the 3rd piece :p

I fell in love badly with the final tuning of Soc 8 and it took me no hesitation to tell Eric that I am definitely getting it when it's launched. Speaking of which, anyone has any insider news on the actual launch date? The suspense is killing me!

Nov 22, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #4,236 of 5,571
Not sure if I'm still in line to get my hands on the 4th one, but if there're only 3 pieces available for reserve, I guess we would have to fight for the 3rd piece :p

I fell in love badly with the final tuning of Soc 8 and it took me no hesitation to tell Eric that I am definitely getting it when it's launched. Speaking of which, anyone has any insider news on the actual launch date? The suspense is killing me!
I frankly thought the first prototype was already stunning and so sumptuous! But Eric, being the perfectionist that we know he is, insisted that he was still going to do further work on it to improve it further. :)

Nov 22, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #4,237 of 5,571
I frankly thought the first prototype was already stunning and so sumptuous! But Eric, being the perfectionist that we know he is, insisted that he was still going to do further work on it to improve it further. :)
And since he's been a bit quiet in the past few days I wonder if he is reinventing either himself or Socrates 8 at the moment. Or... reading Plato's Apology about Socrates to find out what to do if the cable doesn't deliver... 😁

drftr

Nov 22, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #4,238 of 5,571
Likely to be tied up working on the Socrates 8. @metaljem77 and I are happy he is so dedicated. 🙏 Look forward to the final Socrates 8. It will definitely be worth the wait! :)

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #4,239 of 5,571

Eric's team is probably going " Y'all want a 4th Project 8?!"

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #4,240 of 5,571
Eric's team is probably going " Y'all want a 4th Project 8?!"

Pitchforks and all, yes. Getting ready to burn me at the stake.

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Nov 23, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #4,242 of 5,571
Haha! Eric never disappoints. So, nothing at stake as far as I'm concerned :)

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #4,245 of 5,571
Returning the proto back tomorrow. Last day of time with it and i know i'll miss it. Pairs exceptionally with the Fusang. My impressions of it can be super concise - Honey , Rich , Body. Anybody who prefers a lighter toned setup would probably go for the OTL instead
Agree. I too tried it with the Fusang primarily. I would describe the Laura as being lithe and nimble, whilst the Socrates 8 is lush and sweet. Amazing how the organic Socrates (in 4 wire format) can be so lush and sweet in 8 wire format. At the same time, there is this intimacy in the vocals, whilst there is great detail that shines through the lushness. I particularly liked how there is a deeper, layered and nuanced soundstage. The timbre is also fantastic. As I was telling Eric, I thought the conductivity was fantastic too: so much information and details coming through. :)

I verily think that adherents to richer, lusher mids like @metaljem77 @hshock76 and myself will enjoy this for a while yet. I even had this moment of madness when I was wondering if I should get one in 2 pin connectors and one in FitEar connectors. 🤭

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back