Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Nov 7, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #4,172 of 5,620
I'll be heading down Eric's next week to hang out and listen to his prototypes. I'll tell you about it after :D
What IEMs will you use for your demo? I'm still interested in this cable but I have to make up my mind quickly (about to continue travelling in portable hifi wasteland) and may have to buy a different brand instead; Laura not being within reach financially and Socrates OG not being warm and lush enough in the mids plus a little bit too bright up top.

drftr

Nov 7, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #4,173 of 5,620
Y'all who have heard the Socrates 8 prototype, do you guys think it'll synergise with a warm IEM, say the Mentor FS and the ilk? Or would it be too warm?
I have not heard the prototype (though I hope to one day… ETA yet @Eric Chong?). Pls see my earlier post for my impressions with the Socrates OG on the Legend X, a warm IEM if ever there was one here. Earlier impressions on the P8 Socrates suggest that all this will be taken up to another level entirely. I will share my own impression whenever I get a listen.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #4,174 of 5,620
I have not heard the prototype (though I hope to one day… ETA yet @Eric Chong?). Pls see my earlier post for my impressions with the Socrates OG on the Legend X, a warm IEM if ever there was one here. Earlier impressions on the P8 Socrates suggest that all this will be taken up to another level entirely. I will share my own impression whenever I get a listen.

Great impressions mate, I think I would agree as far as Socrates goes. With 8 wires it would be a gamble, there's a chance that it would head towards a gooey direction paired with a warm IEM. I shall eagerly wait for a prototype or demo impressions. @Jayden your advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've heard Eric re-working the P8 Soc again and again, seemed to me that it'll really be another level as you've mentioned. Love it when creators (IEMs or otherwise) takes their works seriously

Nov 8, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #4,175 of 5,620
Great impressions mate, I think I would agree as far as Socrates goes. With 8 wires it would be a gamble, there's a chance that it would head towards a gooey direction paired with a warm IEM. I shall eagerly wait for a prototype or demo impressions. @Jayden your advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've heard Eric re-working the P8 Soc again and again, seemed to me that it'll really be another level as you've mentioned. Love it when creators (IEMs or otherwise) takes their works seriously
Often, but I'm 100% sure not always, adding extra strands of the very same cable leads to a much more dynamic sound in which both frequency extremes are seemingly becoming more energetic while the mids seem to stay behind a bit. I don't think they do as they must receive the same extra percentage of energy, but because we tend to pick up extremes easier (sub bass + high treble) it may seem that an 8-wire becomes a little brighter instead of warmer. Let's see how that works out for Socrates 8 as in this very case I hope to be wrong as I'd need exactly the opposite effect for my situation, or a more linear approach like a baby Laura so that I can tune with a new DAP instead.

drftr

Nov 8, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #4,176 of 5,620
What IEMs will you use for your demo? I'm still interested in this cable but I have to make up my mind quickly (about to continue travelling in portable hifi wasteland) and may have to buy a different brand instead; Laura not being within reach financially and Socrates OG not being warm and lush enough in the mids plus a little bit too bright up top.

drftr

Im bringing down a UM fusang and Odin to try out Eric's goodies. The OTL doesn't come across to me as an overtly warm piece of cable though, so it might not turn out to be what you're looking for afterall.

Eric teased about some wild "do-not-know-if-it'll-make-the-cut" prototypes over the whatsapp and got me really excited to try them. Cant wait for the outing next week!

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #4,178 of 5,620
Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Nov 9, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #4,179 of 5,620
feels like I need to start saving up and get a pair of OTL to pair with ody

Nov 9, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #4,182 of 5,620
Big shout out to @Eric Chong and team! See what the nice delivery chap brought today? Gorgeous colour! And excellent luxurious feel! Though it took me a while to get the protective stickers off… And Eric wonders why I usually don’t bother with the tape over the cable connectors. 😆

E156F511-F72E-46B8-9FDA-B01D2849EA0C.jpeg
195E8A04-F2A5-4480-BA5E-7080EDEE2F2C.jpeg
FB76C6A8-B69F-40A1-AAF6-7C940FE31F56.jpeg
88C9DF66-2AE9-4A0C-BBF2-74F7C7A1454C.jpeg

Nov 9, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #4,183 of 5,620
feels like I need to start saving up and get a pair of OTL to pair with ody
It will be worth the saving up. :) But then again, the Socrates 8 is coming out as well… First world problems: decisions decisions… :)

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #4,184 of 5,620
It will be worth the saving up. :) But then again, the Socrates 8 is coming out as well… First world problems: decisions decisions… :)
will need to try the socrates 8 first, seems like OTL with ody is for now the better combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back