Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Nov 10, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #4,186 of 5,571
feels like I need to start saving up and get a pair of OTL to pair with ody
Yes, you do 🤭
FAC6EA86-9DA3-4EBA-97A6-CB4E870CABF7.jpeg

Nov 10, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #4,187 of 5,571
Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #4,188 of 5,571
The biggest question I've been excited to find out about is if the Socrates 8 would go a different direction from the OTL or would it be a mini OTL?

With 8 wires I tend to be a little cautious, I've seen many 4>8 not working out well, not because they weren't good products in itself but because it differs from the 4 wires in direction or differs from our expectation of it as an 8 wire.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #4,189 of 5,571
OTL with 8 wires = huge cable, and compromised ergonomics, as I think...

Maybe I am wrong, but... :thinking:

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #4,190 of 5,571
The biggest question I've been excited to find out about is if the Socrates 8 would go a different direction from the OTL or would it be a mini OTL?

With 8 wires I tend to be a little cautious, I've seen many 4>8 not working out well, not because they weren't good products in itself but because it differs from the 4 wires in direction or differs from our expectation of it as an 8 wire.
Agreed,

With 8 wires, there's a chance where the inherent DNA is lost. 8 wires are always a headache to work with and the team secretly hates it on Project 8 months :D

OTL with 8 wires = huge cable, and compromised ergonomics, as I think...

Maybe I am wrong, but... :thinking:
Doubly agreed.

Hence highly unlikely we'll ever see a Laura 8. The ergonomics would be atrocious

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Nov 10, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #4,192 of 5,571
Agreed,

With 8 wires, there's a chance where the inherent DNA is lost. 8 wires are always a headache to work with and the team secretly hates it on Project 8 months :D
Absolutly.
8 wires don't automatically seems "better", but "different", sound wise (ergonomics = it's definitively worse ! :deadhorse::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). :thinking:

And "different" ? = Sometimes it's better (technical chops, textures, note weight, soundstage expansion...), sometimes it's worse.

"Worse" ? = exemple, the classic EA Lionheart. 4 wires = magical (good tube sound to resume). 8 wires = no magic....
100% agree. :beerchug:

So... I was a hardcore 8 wires guy, but with experience, listening sessions, etc., from now on, 50% of my iems are equiped with 8 wires cables, and the others 4 wires....

And all is about synergies, synergies, synergies.... always think as a whole system... always.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #4,194 of 5,571
Absolutly.
8 wires don't automatically seems "better", but "different", sound wise (ergonomics = it's definitively worse ! :deadhorse::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). :thinking:

And "different" ? = Sometimes it's better (technical chops, textures, note weight, soundstage expansion...), sometimes it's worse.

"Worse" ? = exemple, the classic EA Lionheart. 4 wires = magical (good tube sound to resume). 8 wires = no magic....
100% agree. :beerchug:

So... I was a hardcore 8 wires guy, but with experience, listening sessions, etc., from now on, 50% of my iems are equiped with 8 wires cables, and the others 4 wires....

And all is about synergies, synergies, synergies.... always think as a whole system... always.

Word, i've been burnt by 8 wires too many times in the past. While it's easy to get lost in the additional details and lows rumble, sometimes the flavor or magic as you mentioned, is no longer there.

I've been happy with Eric's P8 so far and a lot of expectation is riding on the Soc 8! Can't wait and fingers crossed.

Nov 11, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #4,195 of 5,571
Word, i've been burnt by 8 wires too many times in the past. While it's easy to get lost in the additional details and lows rumble, sometimes the flavor or magic as you mentioned, is no longer there.

I've been happy with Eric's P8 so far and a lot of expectation is riding on the Soc 8! Can't wait and fingers crossed.
Agree. Eric does do wonders with his Project 8 cables. That much we can trust him with. :)

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #4,196 of 5,571
All is not a matter of wire count, but talent 😎

Musical wise. Then sound wise...

And if we can get both... 😋👌✌️😉👍

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #4,197 of 5,571
Hey all, just published my full review of the illustrious Ode To Laura! You can read it here.

Enjoy! :)

TKP - Ode To Laura Review - 1.jpg

Nov 12, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #4,200 of 5,571
Nifty little case. Just nice to take out of hand luggage for use on the flight tomorrow. Shanling M9, FitEar DC Ti/Aeneid, charging cables. Very well thought out and executed. :)

1CE2FF85-8A9E-4E6D-8CF6-C64DC3EC0045.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back