Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jun 17, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #3,586 of 5,606
IMG_6604.JPG

After spending one day to properly burn in this monster and 1 full day of listening to it, I must say I'm very impressed with this. The difference Eletech's Inferno brought into my rig is bigger than what I'm used to with Eletech IEM cables in IEM setup. Not to say that the IEM cables were subpar but the Inferno brought on that much of a difference!

First of all - "MEAT"! The Inferno thickens up the entire presentation of my rig without introducing any colors especially in the midrange where i fear it'll become overly warm/ muddy which is synchronous with Copper cables this thick. None of that but pure details and lushness. Maybe this is what @Kiats and the rest of you guys meant by note weight? Extremely well done! Headspace is much more spacious and realistic where the instrument separation, as well as positioning, is much more defined.

Trebles were largely untouched except for a more extended presentation. Lows... wow, the rumble and roar when it's needed. Overall it preserves the original signature but added much more enjoyable traits to it.

IMG_6607.JPG

IMG_6609.JPG

Ergonomics were as it looks, sturdy and good heft. It does not weigh down on usage but it's not like the stock cable where you it disappears. Microphonics were strangely non-existent despite this thickness and weight.

@Eric Chong i think you have an absolute winner on your hands, i will eagerly follow for more news on this line-up.

Glad you're enjoying it so much! The team is very encouraged by your appreciation of the Inferno. It's one of the "harder-to-build" SKU in our line-up heheh.

While we do not have any more plans to develop the "Dante Series" in this year, we are however looking to develop something for this line next year. Our plans for the 2nd half of the year are mainly on the IEM field and especially some big excitement in July :D

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jun 17, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #3,587 of 5,606
Glad you're enjoying it so much! The team is very encouraged by your appreciation of the Inferno. It's one of the "harder-to-build" SKU in our line-up heheh.

While we do not have any more plans to develop the "Dante Series" in this year, we are however looking to develop something for this line next year. Our plans for the 2nd half of the year are mainly on the IEM field and especially some big excitement in July :D
To me it is clear that a lot of effort went into the Inferno in order to meet the specific demands for a proper full-size headphone cable and I think it is good to take time before taking the next step in the Dante Series.

I haven't been able to spend much time with the Inferno yet because of obligations otherwise, but should be able to enjoy some R&R with it next week and I am very much looking forward to that! 😁

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #3,588 of 5,606
To me it is clear that a lot of effort went into the Inferno in order to meet the specific demands for a proper full-size headphone cable and I think it is good to take time before taking the next step in the Dante Series.

I haven't been able to spend much time with the Inferno yet because of obligations otherwise, but should be able to enjoy some R&R with it next week and I am very much looking forward to that! 😁
Indeed, it was a case of “Forget what you learnt in the IEM realm and start anew” kind of project heheh. Daunting task but im glad we did manage to explore this.

Looking forward to your thoughts on it :) that is, if Barnie havent chewed it out yet heheh

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jun 17, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #3,589 of 5,606
Indeed, it was a case of “Forget what you learnt in the IEM realm and start anew” kind of project heheh. Daunting task but im glad we did manage to explore this.

Looking forward to your thoughts on it :) that is, if Barnie havent chewed it out yet heheh
Haha! Yeah, I need to keep it away from Barnie. He is on a very strict diet at the moment, so no cable chewing for him! 😂

Jun 18, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #3,590 of 5,606
Haha! Yeah, I need to keep it away from Barnie. He is on a very strict diet at the moment, so no cable chewing for him! 😂
No minerals or metals for him then? :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #3,591 of 5,606
Had almost forgotten that the Inferno for the Meze Empyrean comes with mini XLR connectors which fit the LCD3 as well.

Having a listen on the LCD3. :)
64050979-25EC-4151-8F64-81D6CBFCFECD.jpeg

Jun 18, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #3,592 of 5,606
Had almost forgotten that the Inferno for the Meze Empyrean comes with mini XLR connectors which fit the LCD3 as well.

64050979-25EC-4151-8F64-81D6CBFCFECD.jpeg
And it is sounding so gorgeous! Lovely lovely combination! :)

Jun 18, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #3,593 of 5,606
I keep trying to tell myself that I’m happy with my set up but these reviews of the Inferno really make me want to try this last piece of the puzzle.. I suspect my Diana Phi / Burson Conductor 3XR would sound even better with the Inferno..

Maybe in the fall…. :fingers_crossed:

On the other hand there was that announcement of a mid year sale…. Hmm

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #3,594 of 5,606
Lazy Sunday morning. Taking the LCD3/Inferno out for a spin with the DMP streaming QQMusic from the DX300. :)

5512572E-1D01-4230-86B6-92208D44F95B.jpeg

Jun 18, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #3,596 of 5,606
Jun 19, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #3,597 of 5,606
After 3 months of waiting, Eletech Socrates arrived yesterday. I realize this impression is 2-3 years later than everyone else's, and I am thankful for @twister6 and @ngoshawk, whose reviews led me to take the plunge and ---hold on--- these long months. I confess the unboxing last night was quite the experience, I turned the lights down low, drank in the fragrance of that leather case, let the dim light play on the Y-splitter and 2.5 mm terminus as I held in my mind the Pentaconn workers and the 25 million Shanghainese in months of lockdown, and the anxiety I know Eric faced (I hope things are looking up now, sir!). I felt it was only fitting to do this in memoriam to them.

Today I felt I needed to undertake an A/B comparing Socrates on Empire Ears Legend X to the stock Ares II cable. A-II is 2.5 mm terminated with a Cayin 2.5 mm-> 4.4 mm balanced adapter. Socrates is also 2.5 mm terminated, connected to Socrates 2.5 mm -> 4.4. mm pigtail . Source is Hiby R8, Turbo = on. Tracks were Fruhlingsgefuhle by Melokind, Magnetar by Mark Lettieri, Beldiya by Triplego, Twice by Ludovici Einaudi (Reimagined by Mercan Dede) Lifted by Love by KD Lang, Drover by Bill Callahan and When will I begin by Tadeschi Trucks Band. I listened through all tracks, the last one several times (When will I begin) because it was the last one listened to via Ares II before starting to listen to the Socrates. I used Azla Sedna Xelastic tips well worn in.

One 'fit' issue to note is that the 2-pin 0.78 mm connection between the Legend X and the Socrates is TIGHT- I considered this good, I'm not a frequent cable roller, so my chief concern is that the connection will stay snug (no worries at all).

I was immediately struck by the difference in the detail retrieval and presence of the mids. Vocal annunciation was much clearer on Socrates than A-II and immediately noticable (at first I wondered if there was something wrong it was so noticeable). I particularly noticed that background vocals, which with A-II were always far back on the stage and never very noticeable, suddenly were more forward and clear. Some mids instruments that had been hidden in the mix with A-II were now easily distinguishable and clearer with Socrates. Mids instruments spread across the stage with more separation than I had noticed on A-II.

Treble was much more forward, I was noticing a lot more snappy, crispy, sparkly details up top, especially on percussion instruments- transients were perfectly timed. With A-II, there is a kind of warm, gooey smooth musicality that is very comfortable (in fact at times almost soporific), but detail retrieval up top is pretty recessed and rolled off. With Socrates treble jumps forward into focus, and the amount of treble information noticeable is - a lot, and it is more extended. None of this is harsh, sibilant or shouty btw- lower treble in the vocal range is clear, breathy, consonants are forward, but there is no sense of it being in any way shrill. I have read a lot of places how much better U12T treble retrieval is than withLX — I have both, Socrates turns LX to a treble detail emperor, easily U12T's rival.

Bass- on A-II bass quantity was always strong, but with Socrates I am hearing a lot more bass detail, just the right amount of rumble and slam (read: lots), I think sub-bass rumble is in fact more, I can feel it down in my chest. On some tracks with A-II, bass feels a bit 'boom'y and not so well controlled. With Socrates, the control I had wanted, hoped for is -THERE BABY- . @twister6 reported that Socrates did not change LX bass- IMHO I think bass is transformed. This is really noticeable on Bill Callahan's Drover- kind of a test track for physical drums. They were present and impact was OK with A-II. With Socrates, those drums are right in the room with me. Mid-bass (especially bass guitar) vibration is palpable. Bass remains forward but there is zero bleed or suppression of lower mids now (which was indeed present with A-II on some of these tracks). Quality and nuance of bass texture, I think, FAR OUTSHINES A-II. Micro-dynamics (max bass to max blackness in between bass drops) is much better, decay seems a bit quicker with Socrates. When there were several bass instruments playing at the same time, instrument separation and location with Socrates is much wider and clearer than with A-II.

In terms of staging and separation overall, as I've already I think made clear, Socrates has it in spades- instrument separation in both width and depth and space between instruments across the FR. Stage width was wider with Socrates than AII, not a lot but noticeable, but the preciseness of instrument or vocals location on that stage was crystal clear, with greater instrument separation and clarity than I noticed with A-II, ever. Depth is about the same between the two. Soundstage with the A-II is much more "inside the head" or at best 'helmet-like'. Having said that, it's not terrible with A-II, instrument separation was still good- everything is just closer and more intimate. Interestingly the center image is still clear for both, the difference to me is in the details I can hear coming from it with Socrates. Having said all that, the smoothness, a musicality, and coherence I have always loved on LX is still present. I do agree with @twister6 that Socrates makes LX a more W shaped set.

Conclusion: I am glad that the Socrates fits snugly into the 0.78 mm sockets on LX because it is never coming off. This is transforming. This makes LX all I ever hoped it would be. I don't know how you did it Eric, this is even more than I anticipated or had read about. This was my first near-TOTL cable (my first foray out of mid-fi in cable land) so perhaps I should not be surprised; having said that, I was perfectly prepared to report if I heard no differences. I wish I had some of the cable nay-sayers listening with me this afternoon. This is not subtle. If anything, it may take some getting used to. LX is now much more of an exciting listen to me now.

Bravo man, well worth the wait!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #3,598 of 5,606
After 3 months of waiting, Eletech Socrates arrived yesterday. I realize this impression is 2-3 years later than everyone else's, and I am thankful for @twister6 and @ngoshawk, whose reviews led me to take the plunge and ---hold on--- these long months. I confess the unboxing last night was quite the experience, I turned the lights down low, drank in the fragrance of that leather case, let the dim light play on the Y-splitter and 2.5 mm terminus as I held in my mind the Pentaconn workers and the 25 million Shanghainese in months of lockdown, and the anxiety I know Eric faced (I hope things are looking up now, sir!). I felt it was only fitting to do this in memoriam to them.

Today I felt I needed to undertake an A/B comparing on Empire Ears Legend X the stock Ares II cable. A-II is 2.5 mm terminated with a Cayin 2.5 mm- 4.4 mm balanced adapter. Socrates is also 2.5 mm terminated, connected to Socrates 2.5 mm -> 4.4. mm pigtail . Source is Hiby R8, Turbo = on. Tracks were Fruhlingsgefuhle by Melokind, Magnetar by Mark Lettieri, Beldiya by Triplego, Twice by Ludovici Einaudi (Reimagined by Mercan Dede) Lifted by Love by KD Lang, Drover by Bill Callahan and When will I begin by Tadeschi Trucks Band. I listened through all tracks, the last one several times (Where will I begin) because it was to be the one directly opposed to the Socrates. I used Azla Sedna Xelastic tips well worn in.

One 'fit' issue to note is that the 2-pin 0.78 mm connection between the Legend X and the Socrates is TIGHT- I considered this good, I'm not a frequent cable roller, so my chief concern is that the connection will stay snug (no worries at all).

I was immediately struck by the difference in the detail retrieval and presence of the mids. Vocal annunciation was much clearer on Socrates than A-II and immediately noticable (at first I wondered if there was something wrong it was so noticeable). I particularly noticed that background vocals, which with A-II were always far back on the stage and never very noticeable, suddenly were more forward and clear. Some mids instruments that had been hidden in the mix with A-II were now easily distinguishable and clearer with Socrates. Mids instruments spread across the stage with more separation than I had noticed on A-II.

Treble was much more forward, I was noticing a lot more snappy, crispy, sparkly details up top, especially on percussion instruments- transients were perfectly timed. With A-II, there is a kind of warm, gooey smooth musicality that is very comfortable (in fact at times almost soporific), but detail retrieval up top is pretty recessed and rolled off. With Socrates they are jumping forward into focus, and the amount of treble information noticeable is - a lot, and it is more extended None of this is harsh, sibilant or shouty btw- lower treble in the vocal range is clear, breathy, consonants are forward, but there is no sense of it being in any way shrill. I have read a lot of places how much better U12T treble retrieval is than withLX — I have both, Socrates turns LX to a treble detail emperor, easily U12T's rival.

Bass- on A-II bass quantity was always strong, but with Socrates I am hearing a lot more bass detail, just the right amount of rumble and slam (read: lots), I think sub-bass rumble is in fact more, I can feel it down in my chest. On some tracks with A-II, bass feels a bit 'boom'y and not so well controlled. With Socrates, the control I had wanted, hoped for is -THERE BABY- . @twister6 thought that Socrates did not affect LX bass- IMHO I think bass is transformed. This is really noticeable on Bill Callahan's Drover- kind of a test track for physical drums. They were present and impact was OK with A-II. With Socrates Drums they are right in the room with me. Mid-bass (esp bass guitar) vibration is palpable. Bass remains forward but there is zero bleed or suppression of lower mids now (which was indeed present with A-II on some of these tracks). Quality and nuance of bass texture now FAR OUTSHINES A-II. Micro-dynamics (max bass to max blackness in between bass drops) is much better, decay seems a bit quicker with Socrates. When there were several bass instruments playing at the same time, instrument separation and location with Socrates is much wider and clearer than with A-II.

In terms of staging and separation overall, as I've already I think made clear, Socrates has it in spades- instrument separation and in both width and depth and space between instruments across the FR. Stage width was wider with Socrates than AII, not a lot but noticeable, but the preciseness of location on that stage was crystal clear, with greater instrument separation and clarity than I noticed with A-II, ever. Soundstage with the A-II is much more "inside the head" or at best 'helmet-like'. Having said that, it's not terrible with A-II, instrument separation was still good- everything is just closer and more intimate. Interestingly the center image is still clear for both, the difference to me is in the details I can hear coming from it with Socrates. Having said all that, the smoothness, a musicality, and coherence I have always loved on LX is still present. I agree with @twister6 that Socrates makes LX a more W shaped set.

Conclusion: I am glad that the Socrates fits snugly into the 0.78 mm sockets on LX because it is never coming off. This is transforming. This makes LX all I ever hoped it would be. I don't know how you did it Eric, this is even more than I anticipated or had read about. This was my first near-TOTL cable (my first foray out of mid-fi in cable land) so perhaps I should not be surprised; having said that, I was perfectly prepared to report if I heard no differences. I wish I had some of the nay-sayers listening with me this afternoon. This is not subtle. If anything, it may take some getting used to. LX is now much more of an exciting listen to me now.

An excellent review of the Socrates! I am glad you are enjoying the sound. Every time I think of replacing the LX/Socrates with another I just listen. Still my all-time favorite combination. Plus, I do love spending other peoples money for them! That said, I do have a set of custom UE Live, that I will also be reviewing. Came about through a show out west, and I am looking forward to them.

Cheers, and keep listening.

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #3,599 of 5,606

Heheheh, glad that LCD gets some ear time after the introduction of Inferno :D

I keep trying to tell myself that I’m happy with my set up but these reviews of the Inferno really make me want to try this last piece of the puzzle.. I suspect my Diana Phi / Burson Conductor 3XR would sound even better with the Inferno..

Maybe in the fall…. :fingers_crossed:

On the other hand there was that announcement of a mid year sale…. Hmm
No worries at all man, we'll always be around. Whenever you're ready. I hope the amp situation is resolved already?

Managed to snag one, my first Eletech product :) love the build quality!

5CA5CB3A-5446-4C74-A3C2-810CC261A04F.jpeg8CB8A2F5-FF48-4B1F-867A-AD8014B25E3D.jpeg
Hope you liked~!!

Today I felt I needed to undertake an A/B comparing on Empire Ears Legend X the stock Ares II cable. A-II is 2.5 mm terminated with a Cayin 2.5 mm- 4.4 mm balanced adapter. Socrates is also 2.5 mm terminated, connected to Socrates 2.5 mm -> 4.4. mm pigtail . Source is Hiby R8, Turbo = on. Tracks were Fruhlingsgefuhle by Melokind, Magnetar by Mark Lettieri, Beldiya by Triplego, Twice by Ludovici Einaudi (Reimagined by Mercan Dede) Lifted by Love by KD Lang, Drover by Bill Callahan and When will I begin by Tadeschi Trucks Band. I listened through all tracks, the last one several times (When will I begin) because it was the last one listened to via Ares II before starting to listen to the Socrates. I used Azla Sedna Xelastic tips well worn in.

Treble was much more forward, I was noticing a lot more snappy, crispy, sparkly details up top, especially on percussion instruments- transients were perfectly timed. With A-II, there is a kind of warm, gooey smooth musicality that is very comfortable (in fact at times almost soporific), but detail retrieval up top is pretty recessed and rolled off. With Socrates they are jumping forward into focus, and the amount of treble information noticeable is - a lot, and it is more extended None of this is harsh, sibilant or shouty btw- lower treble in the vocal range is clear, breathy, consonants are forward, but there is no sense of it being in any way shrill. I have read a lot of places how much better U12T treble retrieval is than withLX — I have both, Socrates turns LX to a treble detail emperor, easily U12T's rival.

Bass- on A-II bass quantity was always strong, but with Socrates I am hearing a lot more bass detail, just the right amount of rumble and slam (read: lots), I think sub-bass rumble is in fact more, I can feel it down in my chest. On some tracks with A-II, bass feels a bit 'boom'y and not so well controlled. With Socrates, the control I had wanted, hoped for is -THERE BABY- . @twister6 reported that Socrates did not change LX bass- IMHO I think bass is transformed. This is really noticeable on Bill Callahan's Drover- kind of a test track for physical drums. They were present and impact was OK with A-II. With Socrates, those drums are right in the room with me. Mid-bass (especially bass guitar) vibration is palpable. Bass remains forward but there is zero bleed or suppression of lower mids now (which was indeed present with A-II on some of these tracks). Quality and nuance of bass texture, I think, FAR OUTSHINES A-II. Micro-dynamics (max bass to max blackness in between bass drops) is much better, decay seems a bit quicker with Socrates. When there were several bass instruments playing at the same time, instrument separation and location with Socrates is much wider and clearer than with A-II.

In terms of staging and separation overall, as I've already I think made clear, Socrates has it in spades- instrument separation in both width and depth and space between instruments across the FR. Stage width was wider with Socrates than AII, not a lot but noticeable, but the preciseness of instrument or vocals location on that stage was crystal clear, with greater instrument separation and clarity than I noticed with A-II, ever. Soundstage with the A-II is much more "inside the head" or at best 'helmet-like'. Having said that, it's not terrible with A-II, instrument separation was still good- everything is just closer and more intimate. Interestingly the center image is still clear for both, the difference to me is in the details I can hear coming from it with Socrates. Having said all that, the smoothness, a musicality, and coherence I have always loved on LX is still present. I agree with @twister6 that Socrates makes LX a more W shaped set.

Conclusion: I am glad that the Socrates fits snugly into the 0.78 mm sockets on LX because it is never coming off. This is transforming. This makes LX all I ever hoped it would be. I don't know how you did it Eric, this is even more than I anticipated or had read about. This was my first near-TOTL cable (my first foray out of mid-fi in cable land) so perhaps I should not be surprised; having said that, I was perfectly prepared to report if I heard no differences. I wish I had some of the nay-sayers listening with me this afternoon. This is not subtle. If anything, it may take some getting used to. LX is now much more of an exciting listen to me now.

Glad to hear that you've been enjoying it. Im so grateful for your kind patience during the nightmare of supply shortage/stoppage. I hope the Bloom peeps did remember to ship you the little gift i got you?

Apologies for the lapse in CS, the lead time were never meant to be so ridiculously long.

Jun 20, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #3,600 of 5,606
Since we are on the subject of Socrates. Had the Final Shichiku Kangen out with the SP2000Cu (running as a Roon endpoint). Sporting the peerless Socrates (until the Socrates8 comes out, of course). Wonderful music with Hikaru Utada in Live Sessions from Air Studios. Bliss! :)

8A81D2EA-3E6A-4B42-8F56-0192B9AA9E81.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back