Elekit TU-882 modifiers Are you out there??
Jan 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tweaker829

New Head-Fier
I am a lucky owner of this fine amp and would like to link up with people familiar with it. Lots to do inside this one if one is so inclined. I would especially like to link up with  someone in the San Mateo , San Francisco area who owns one of these amps.Tweaker

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #2 of 2
You sent me a pm about this, but I think I'll just respond to you here.  I'm not the most knowledgeable about amplifier circuits and whatnot, other than what I read here. 

If you're looking for circuit diagrams and information about the Elekit amplifiers, Victor (vkung here on head-fi) is the primary person distributing the Elekit amplifier kits here in North America and should be able to help you out. 

There are a couple of things you can do to modify the TU-882.

Upgrading the coupling capacitors.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/516864/tu-882-vcap-upgrade

I didn't spring for the V-caps (pretty pricy), but did purchase some decent Mundorf silver-oil capacitors (still pricy, but not as much as V-caps) to replace the four coupling capacitors.  I found it a worthwhile upgrade, cleaner mid-bass and treble. 

Rolling tubes.  I have some NOS United 2C51 tubes in mine because I found a pair for a fair price.  Only minor improvements over the GE 5670 tubes that come stock with the amplifier.  If you can find WE396A tubes, those should be a nicer upgrade, but again, very pricy due to scarcity. 

Swapping the potentiometer.  Some people find the stock pot in the kit to have a little too much gain, so low impedance headphones, even on the low gain settings, get too loud too fast.  I do use UE's airplane adapter to add a little impedance to my IEM's whenever I plug them into the TU-882 so that they are more usable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back