Elekit 300B Amp kit
May 13, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #287 of 369
What's the cost of those?

1652477955769.png

...or should I even ask?

May 13, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #290 of 369
Jul 30, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #300 of 369
I couldn't really find any comparisons. Just one person said they like the 8600.

Maybe it was on another BB there are definitely some comments from owners of both Kaiju and 8600 out there.

I was looking for the same answers as well.
After building many of the different Bottlehead kits myself the Kaiju seemed the natural choice long before I had heard of Elekit.

Fwiw as a long time lurker on the Bottlehead forum the topic of the Kaiju for headphone use comes up quite regularly BH recommend the DC power upgrade supply option if using headphones.

One of Bottlehead designers also has commented

"If you aren't powering K-1000's, HE-6's, or a similar pair of headphones, I would take a more serious look at the Mainline."

As a Bottlehead Mainline builder/user for the last 7 years fwiw it's definitely my impression the 8900 brought a noticeable improvement over the Mainline imho

My cravat here would is that it required a Chord Dave for me to reach that conclusion. With my other DACs best of which currently is a Oppo 205 it's hard to notice the differences between them it's only when moving up to the Dave that the limitations of the Mainlines abilities become apparent and the Elekit 8900 pulls ahead particularly in transparency and 3D spaciality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back