Electronica fans, bought "Geogaddi" yet?
Feb 28, 2002 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 39
I haven't picked it up myself yet but I will do so soon. It's getting mixed reviews. Some reviewers say it's more of the same and therefore don't like it, but how can that be a bad thing?
confused.gif

Mar 1, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 39
It's on the top of the list, thanks for the nag!

Mar 12, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 39
I personally dont really like boards of Canada, there are too expairmental for me, but i guess once you listen to the tracks a few times its all right. but there i alot of better stuff out there!

Mar 12, 2002 at 4:49 AM Post #7 of 39
Driftwood -- thanks for the link -- coolness!

Still awaiting my mail-order copy of Geogaddi, ordered it with some other things that haven't come in yet, and asked to hold it...may have to change that...

Apr 19, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 39
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
WOW!!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Last night I had the most incredible experience listening to Geogaddi! So much detail, so deep dark and intense!

Love the contrast between the beautiful and the sinister.

There are some sounds in that recording that just dance in 3-D space. I swear there's a spot that sounds like a distorted child's voice is doing a figure-8 in front of your head!

Music Is Math has got some sounds that appear to be emanating right next to your ear where your headphone drivers are. Like there's something there! I've never heard anything like it!

Music Has the Right is a great album, but this is a masterwork!

Apr 19, 2002 at 10:51 PM Post #11 of 39
Music Has The Right To Children draws on my happy childhood memories, whereas Geogaddi draws the darker, sinister sides to the surface. Good stuff. BOC are a superbly creative duo that deserve all the recognition they get.

Apr 19, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #12 of 39
I am going to school in scotland studying electronic music. I can see the pentland hills from my window where their "bunker" supposedly is. It is nice to put BOC on, look outside at night, and enjoy the openess and huge soundstage of these 890's (I can only imagine what it must be like with an ampped hd600).

May 8, 2002 at 8:56 PM Post #13 of 39
Just got "Music Has the Right..." from my CD club for $2.99. I bought this one based on reviews of the new one (which is also on my list to buy). I'll let you know how I like it.

Nick or anyone,
In your opinion, which is "better" the first one or the new one? Thanks.

markl

May 8, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #14 of 39
What a deal. If you've never heard this kind of music before, give it time. Let it unravel slowly like a good mystery novel. Before you know it, you'll be in another world.

I personally prefer Music Has The Right To Children more than Geogaddi... but not by much. Both are wonderful works of art that will prove to be essential classics in the genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back