Electronica Essentials
Mar 15, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #107 of 112
Not to be a total anal freak, but Autechre released their first 12" ("Cavity Job") in 1989.. four years before Incunabula.

OK, that was totally total-anal-freak information. For all intents and purposes Incunabula is their debut.
tongue.gif

- Chris

Mar 16, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #109 of 112
Please don't say "anal freak" and "Cavity Job" in the same sentence again!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by minya
Not to be a total anal freak, but Autechre released their first 12" ("Cavity Job") in 1989.. four years before Incunabula.

OK, that was totally total-anal-freak information. For all intents and purposes Incunabula is their debut.
tongue.gif

- Chris

Mar 16, 2004 at 5:29 PM Post #110 of 112
Also, seeing how many have cited Kraftwerk... after you've heard all their albums a few dozen times... might I suggest a different take on their music:

B00004HYJA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Doing ManMachine with salsa/cha-cha instruments initially seems objectionable, but giving El Baile Aleman a listen has totally changed my view. This man is a genius.

And surprisingly, YES, this album is also totally electronic. Somehow he did it all with a sythesizer!

Mar 16, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #111 of 112
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
Please don't say "anal freak" and "Cavity Job" in the same sentence again!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Heh. Nice. Didn't catch that.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by chillysalsa
Doing ManMachine with salsa/cha-cha instruments initially seems objectionable, but giving El Baile Aleman a listen has totally changed my view. This man is a genius.

And surprisingly, YES, this album is also totally electronic. Somehow he did it all with a sythesizer!

Uwe Schmidt (aka Atom Heart) is indeed a genius, but IMO, all of his Senor Coconut work (except his first album) is kinda gimmicky. The Kraftwerk stuff is neat.... but it gets old kinda fast. If you want some similar crazy Latin electronica, try his first album, El Gran Baile.

edit: Just have to add that all of Schmidt's work on his own label -- Rather Interesting -- is absolute genius. He is a true innovator.

- Chris

Mar 17, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #112 of 112
A few that I've enjoyed for a while (and that only get better as my rig improves) are:

Juno Reactor: "Beyond the Infinite" & "Pistolero"
Eat Static: "Implant" & "Epsylon"
The Crystal Method: "Vegas"
Bassic: "Sleepwalker"
Delerium: the "Archive" Volumes
William Orbit: "The Best of Strange Cargos"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back