Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
May 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #4,773 of 6,987
Quote:

Ya know, I've been looking at Beyerdynamic for a new set of cans.  I want something that'll punch as well as the DJ1, but more comfortable and an even better bass response.....and portable.  But I don't see anything like that from the Beyerdynamic camp :frowning2:  my search continues.

......................hmm, no Hardcore lovers here?

Also... go for the byer dt 990 if you want comfort and kick. But be warned, I used my dt 990s portably [although I've got screws loose] and Byer Bass is very tight and concise! I doubt the Dj 1 has the tight low end kick that a byer has. Some like it some don't. It's very... suttle but has serious aurthority! But it might not be enough bass for you. Stil the Byer dt 990 is a great can and it has plenty of bass [I made that comment about my 880s which are NOT bass head cans] Still try the 990s, if they aren't enough get something cheap like an Indeed G3 [has a bass boost hard eq] and that should get you to bass heaven! 

May 13, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #4,774 of 6,987
Looks like I need to stop slacking.  Lots to catch up on, MEEEP!  I did check out the 3 songs on this page though.  Now just the 3-5 pages before it ha ha hah.

Anyhow, I found this song and there so many different elements going on in it that I will just call it - Amazing.

New Zealand Sprawl (Original Mix)

Sorry for the font, that is how it pasted in as from Soundcloud and my shoulder is bothering me from too much training to worry about changing it.  Oh and that song is FREE by the way, so enjoy.

EDIT:
Looks like there is one already on YouTube, but also looks like some people are still subscribing to me (not sure why) so decided to throw it up on my channel.

Quote:
I think Soular Order might be my favorite working artist right now. Even over Burial at this point. Burial will still produce a track I like more than anything Soular Order does (like Kindred) but Soular Order is more consistently good I think.

That being said. This is once again some sick Future Garage.

I agree.  Soular Order doesn't really do anything to stand out but their stuff is consistently good.   I been on a Future Garage kick lately too.

Quote:
fantastic! i posted another new release of his a few posts ago, be sure to check it out.

Nice, thanks for that!  Always down for SO.  :D

Quote:
A few songs I've been enjoying!

Thanks for that!  Great song.  The Au5 and Fractal song wasn't bad either.

May 13, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #4,775 of 6,987
New Progressive/Big Room/Subground mix.
https://soundcloud.com/raidzero/pollinate-set-5-1-13

Tracklist:
1. Morgan Page & Lissie vs Michael Woods - Longest Platinum Chains (Bamboora Bootleg)
2. Taylor I Knew You Were Trouble (George Acosta Bootleg)
3. R3hab & David Solano - Do It (Life In Color Anthem 2013)
4. Dannic - Viper (Original Mix)
5. Avicii Vs. Mike Perry - Silhouettes on me (George Acosta Mash)
6. Gta, Henrix, Digital Lab vs John Dish - Karmma It (Bamboora Mashup)
7. Wolfpack feat. Coco Star - Miracle (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Remix)
8. Daddy's Groove - Stellar (Martin Garrix Remix)
9. Macklemore - Thrift Shop (Dem Slackers Bootleg)
10. Dirty South & Thomas Gold Vs. Albin Mayers feat. Kate Elsworth - Eyes Wide Bells (George Acosta Mashup)
11. Drake ft. Rihanna vs Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - Take Care vs Alarma (Hardwell & Dannic MashUp)
12. Cocaine (Gerry Cueto Bootleg)
13. Gotye, Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know (Tiesto Remix)
14. SHM & KNIFE PARTY - Antidote (Chuckie Bumpy Ride EDC Edit)
15. Semi Precious Weapons - Aviation High (Chuckie Remix)
16. Organ Donors - Kickin' On Wax
17. Activator - Rombee
18. Activator - Darron
19. Activator - Braddom
20. Activator & Alex Kidd - Excess (Extended Mix)
21. Activator - Pantre
22. Zedd - Shotgun (Organ Donors Pump Action Re-Work)

May 13, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #4,776 of 6,987
Quote:
Also... go for the byer dt 990 if you want comfort and kick. But be warned, I used my dt 990s portably [although I've got screws loose] and Byer Bass is very tight and concise! I doubt the Dj 1 has the tight low end kick that a byer has. Some like it some don't. It's very... suttle but has serious aurthority! But it might not be enough bass for you. Stil the Byer dt 990 is a great can and it has plenty of bass [I made that comment about my 880s which are NOT bass head cans] Still try the 990s, if they aren't enough get something cheap like an Indeed G3 [has a bass boost hard eq] and that should get you to bass heaven! 

open cans are a no-no for me :'( I like my music loud...and by loud I mean max volume.

Now to suggest a Hardstyle track.  The Machine - "Place of Terror" (Crypsis Remix).  EASILY one of my favorite basslines in a Hardstyle track, EVAR!!!!!!!

May 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #4,777 of 6,987
Quote:

open cans are a no-no for me :'( I like my music loud...and by loud I mean max volume.

Now to suggest a Hardstyle track.  The Machine - "Place of Terror" (Crypsis Remix).  EASILY one of my favorite basslines in a Hardstyle track, EVAR!!!!!!!

when you waear cans at MAX volume your most likely over driving them and well chances are your quality is down the drain. 

In addition your going to ruin your ears or the cans by listening that loud, trust US. There was a fellow n the bass head thread that ended up with Tintinus 

still if you want to listen that loud... what ever.

Try the XB 700s... the sub bass at MAX Volume will smash ur face... I promise q.q

May 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #4,778 of 6,987
Quote:
when you waear cans at MAX volume your most likely over driving them and well chances are your quality is down the drain. 

In addition your going to ruin your ears or the cans by listening that loud, trust US. There was a fellow n the bass head thread that ended up with Tintinus 

Try the XB 700s... the sub bass at MAX Volume will smash ur face... I promise q.q

Have the eq at 100hz and below to +12 too
wink.gif

May 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #4,779 of 6,987
For any of your guys on a Future Garage kick I'd recommend this...

The use of Saxaphone on the first track is excellent (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFSGQZVsBJA) and the rest of the album follows suite for the most part. What do you know, another hit from Ninja Tune. I was going to get the 7" box but just decided to pick up the 12" cut locally. Really great stuff.

May 13, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #4,780 of 6,987
Quote:

The use of Saxaphone on the first track is excellent (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFSGQZVsBJA) and the rest of the album follows suite for the most part. What do you know, another hit from Ninja Tune. I was going to get the 7" box but just decided to pick up the 12" cut locally. Really great stuff.

Nice time to go dwnload some more DnB :D, sounds good even without an extra bit of bass eq'd! 

May 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #4,781 of 6,987
Quote:

Yea I know.  I'm pretty sure I already have a case of tinnitus because I've had a permanent ring in my ear since I was five years old.  & I wish I could find headphones that I can play at max volume with no distortion :frowning2:

But are they clear (for a basscan), comfy, and portable?

May 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #4,782 of 6,987
Also a fan of the DT990s by the way.

Quote:

Wow Bonobo, I haven't seen that name or heard his stuff in years.  I'm sitting here trying to remember the last song I heard of his.   Thanks for sharing.  These guys are doing a great job blending in the instruments, like the one I linked above with the piano, this one with the sax, and quite a few thats been linked in this thread.

Last year Liquid DnB was on fire, now it looks like Future Garage is on the rise.

May 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #4,785 of 6,987
Quote:

Yea I know.  I'm pretty sure I already have a case of tinnitus because I've had a permanent ring in my ear since I was five years old.  & I wish I could find headphones that I can play at max volume with no distortion :frowning2:

But are they clear (for a basscan), comfy, and portable?

Super Comfy, I used to carry them around in their bag so I thought they where portable.

They are pretty V shaped though, no mids just bass and some highs every now and then.

Sadly though I put em on eBay... no bites here on Head Fi. Non the less the ad is still on Head Fi, and there's a link to the eBay listing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back