Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
May 19, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #4,801 of 6,987
Quote:
yea bonobo was recommended here a couple of posts back, made me download both albums, im loving them to bits!

haha, i agree. but thats why i have 3-4 of his albums, to continue enjoying his brilliant music! i was going to link a free download of one of his albums, but i see its no longer free XD 
still, if youre interested, i really like this album - http://syntheticepiphany.bandcamp.com/album/the-archives sub bass assault! 

Damn that album is amazing...

I'm quite liking this album at the moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A44iXmvpqeU&list=PL2bMwLneXJyrwc-VWUk0zKvBwDrkzR1z8

May 20, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #4,803 of 6,987
After 5 listens through Daft Punk's Random Access Memories on vinyl I must say that as an album I like it more than Discovery. Discovery had the killer first 4-5 tracks and to the end for example Face to Face, my favorite electro song. It's very uneven as and album imo.

RAM has beautiful songs throughout the whole span, some not as interesting as others. The tempo feels a bit too slow at times so that I get a bit drowsy time to time but the melodies, production and groove is very real. I really would like to learn to play drums imitating this record.

Giorgio By Moroder is a killer track. Touch hasn't really done anything for me. In interviews they've called it their magnum opus but it just doesn't fit to the record imo. It's not really a dance track to me with all the experimenting, it breaks the mood and flow.

This record is probably a grower, not a shower. The value is really in the production and real instruments recorded in analog format. It's down to Earth, simple and beautiful 
o2smile.gif

May 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #4,804 of 6,987
I've been addicted to this song since I got ATOLS' 3rd album in the mail a few days ago.

May 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #4,805 of 6,987
Quote:
After 5 listens through Daft Punk's Random Access Memories on vinyl I must say that as an album I like it more than Discovery. Discovery had the killer first 4-5 tracks and to the end for example Face to Face, my favorite electro song. It's very uneven as and album imo.

RAM has beautiful songs throughout the whole span, some not as interesting as others. The tempo feels a bit too slow at times so that I get a bit drowsy time to time but the melodies, production and groove is very real. I really would like to learn to play drums imitating this record.

Giorgio By Moroder is a killer track. Touch hasn't really done anything for me. In interviews they've called it their magnum opus but it just doesn't fit to the record imo. It's not really a dance track to me with all the experimenting, it breaks the mood and flow.

This record is probably a grower, not a shower. The value is really in the production and real instruments recorded in analog format. It's down to Earth, simple and beautiful 
o2smile.gif

I used to have an opinion of Discovery similar to yours, liking only the first four tracks + "Something About Us". But then I gave the whole album another listen on my dad's old stereo system (which probably isn't hi-fi grade, but is still clearly better than my laptop's onboard audio), and then all of the tracks from "High Life" to "Face To Face" grew into new favorites, and caused me to wonder why I didn't like these songs the first time I listened to them. You could say I rediscovered this album.
biggrin.gif

That said, I agree with your assessment on RAM. While it's strange that these two robots are sounding more "organic" with every new release, they still manage to retain at least some of their old magic. While it doesn't trump Discovery imo, RAM might be able to grow on me more than Homework did.       

May 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #4,807 of 6,987
Quote:
I don't think there's a bad song in Discovery at all. That album is wonderful front to back.

I think we'll have to settle to disagree on this one 
tongue.gif
 (it's one of the very few albums I feel like skipping tracks) The good stuff is very  inspirational and brilliant.

May 21, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #4,809 of 6,987
NO YOURS IS. I HAVE A BABE IN MY AVATAR YOU HAVE A HAIRY DUDE

May 21, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #4,811 of 6,987
Had not been listening to my Daft Punk albums in many years now as I had growed bored of them, the new album made me listen to them again. I would call almost all their albums good, and on the new album Giorgio by Moroder is brilliant.

Othern thant that my wife styarts to get mad from me taking on Giorgio by Moroder or Get Lucky since whe got them both on her mind
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #4,812 of 6,987
new DJ Fresh single

edit: oh yea, note the headphones the drummer is using, im sure youll recognize them

new Phaeleh album "Tides" to be released 1st of July. heres a track from it

May 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #4,814 of 6,987
i actually thought it was cool... dancey and hip-hopy, but i dont think it was bad. its actually really good until dominique-really-long-uncatchy-name started singing, but even then. one for the clubs more than for my private music collection though, ill give you that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back