Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Mar 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #4,531 of 6,987
I can't afford the new Authcre box right now (REALLY WANT IT). I do own Oversteps on vinyl though. Great stuff. 

Now you should feel even more sad about missing the after party as we rocked some ISAM and some stuff from the Amon Tobin box set. :wink:

I've cut back to part time at work recently and realized what a huge impact on my LP buying it will have now. Makes me sad, but at least I have time to listen to them now. 

Quote:
About to pop on the new Autechre full LP: Exai (Travis, box set is out). Some people it's the best yet! Oversteps was a religious experience for me. That and ISAM were truly revelations. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #4,532 of 6,987
Just checking out Autechre, I immediately recognized it but had no clue where from until I started writing this post and realized that Kalpol Introl was on the soundtrack for the movie Pi: Faith in Numbers. I'm already hooked ^_^
About to pop on the new Autechre full LP: Exai (Travis, box set is out). Some people it's the best yet! Oversteps was a religious experience for me. That and ISAM were truly revelations. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #4,534 of 6,987
Quote:
I can't afford the new Authcre box right now (REALLY WANT IT). I do own Oversteps on vinyl though. Great stuff. 

Now you should feel even more sad about missing the after party as we rocked some ISAM and some stuff from the Amon Tobin box set. :wink:

I've cut back to part time at work recently and realized what a huge impact on my LP buying it will have now. Makes me sad, but at least I have time to listen to them now. 

how would you compare the new Amon Tobin to Foley Room - stylistically? That is the only one I owned by him - got lost somewhere. WHile some tracks I absolutely loved, others on there I felt less. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #4,535 of 6,987
I Have not gone thought the whole thread so if anyone commented on this already, sorry, but right now I am listening to a few years old release from Apparat -- his DJ-Kicks album. It is great. I has wonderful staying power, featuring tracks from Autechre, Fourt Tet and Burial, Tim Hecker, Telefon Tel Aviv, Thom York, Pantha Du Prince and starts with a sample of a track that was used in the movie Babel (the one that spans different continents and has parallel stories that eventually link together - great movie). That track jumped out at me when I saw the movie for the first time. It is the one they use for scenes in Morocco (I think -- or N. Africa somewhere).. Aside from good track selection the album has a nice coherence while switching pace from time to time and its very accessible (even my wife likes that album and she is more 'chicks with guitars" kind of gal), Check it, if you already have not.  

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #4,536 of 6,987
I found an excellent track:

Martin Roth & Bartlett Bros.- Losing Gravity (Martin Roth Nustyle Dub Mix) (Instrumental)

(Vocal)

Listened to this song for quite sometime. Still love both versions SO MUCH.

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #4,539 of 6,987
Quote:
This is a pretty chill song that I heard recently.

nice! Sounds very clubby. It feels like something you'd hear at 1 AM in club when the dace-floor is just packed and everyone is moving together in what I could only describe as oceanic oneness. Good times!  

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #4,540 of 6,987
Quote:

Magnus is a true artist, without a doubt. I almost think he's an extra-terrestrial. I'm not much into uptempo right now as I've been on a downtempo/ambient/chill kick, but his downtempo/ambient stuff takes me into another dimension. His album Leaving Home took me on a musical journey I've never been on before. Hol Baumann's album Human was also incredible. Same with Sync24, Carbon Based Lifeforms, H.U.V.A. Network, and Aes Dana. All beautiful, expansive, subtle, and dreamlike music that's full of texture with top-quality production and mastering. 

yea i have the whole solar fields discography, ill check it all out in time. im loving it so far. i came across solar fields when i was searching for artists similar to hol baumann. H.U.V.A network and aes dana just didnt cut it for me... i didnt really like anything i heard from them, but ill check out those other two youve mentioned for sure, maybe ill find something good. i wish hol would come out with something new though...

Quote:
New tune from Lorn
https://soundcloud.com/lorn/italics

gotta love lorn! =]

Quote:
oh god i just can not stop listening to solar fields right now, saw it earlier on this forum and thought id give it a try, just downloaded all their stuff FLAC, just so good :D

haha, im starting a realy following for these guys 
beyersmile.png

alot of really great tracks going around, as usual, heres one i enjoyed:

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #4,541 of 6,987
Quote:

yea i have the whole solar fields discography, ill check it all out in time. im loving it so far. i came across solar fields when i was searching for artists similar to hol baumann. H.U.V.A network and aes dana just didnt cut it for me... i didnt really like anything i heard from them, but ill check out those other two youve mentioned for sure, maybe ill find something good. i wish hol would come out with something new though...

Carbon Based Lifeforms - World of Sleepers
Sync24 - Comfortable Void

Check those out. And yea, I'm definitely looking forward to another Baumann release. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #4,544 of 6,987
Quote:
thanks, ill look into those. 
looking forward? is there a release pending? 
confused_face(1).gif

Nah, that's just wishful thinking. With how good his Human album was, I can't imagine them not setting out on another journey. But that was years ago, so maybe not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back